Horizon Arco Sub-Ohm Review

S

SparMan

What up people, here with a review for the Horizon Arco Sub-Ohm Tank, made by HorizonTech and utilizing what has been claimed to be "revolutionary" flax-paper coil heads.

To start off with, I have to say I have been an avid supporter of their earlier tank, the Arctic Turbo, that has always been a reliable and flavourful alternative to rebuildables. How does the Arco compare? I'm going to break it down into three sections as well as a short list of related equipment.

20170731_100538.jpg

First off, what did I use it with?
Mods:
Sigelei Swallowtail, VGOD 150, Aspire Pegasus
E-liquids: As many as I could, from Blends of Distinction's Citrus Mint Sorbet, to All Day Vapes' Forest Berry and NCV Trinity, to name a few.

Looks:

Starting off at face value, I think this is a stunning tank. I'm not sure how I feel about the skull-like logo on the glass, but there is an SS version with plain, fully transparent glass (as well as Black and Rainbow versions). The opaque glass does make it a slight effort to see if you need a refill, but otherwise I think it looks great, especially when paired with a matching mod. They all come with some fairly interesting drip tips too, as well as a 510 drip tip adapter.

20170731_154817.jpg

Function:

"But Kyle", you ask, "it looks great, but how does it vape?"

Well, to put it simply, I love it. As much as I enjoy the flavour and customisation of rebuildables, this tank quickly became my go-to for effortless vaping.

The flavour, from my experience, is incredible, better than some RTAs I've tried. Nuances in flavour can be quite subtle, but when you factor in the ease-of-use of factory coils I think this comes out on top. The coils last surprisingly long, I've had the same coil in for about a week and it's used pretty extensively throughout the day.

There are two coil options available, the A4 0.2 Ohm and the A6 0.2 Ohm. I prefer the A4 personally, mostly due to battery life. Does the miraculous "flax paper" make a notable difference? I would say so, even if it's just the coil life. The coils also change from flavour to flavour without much retention of the previous flavour, even with citrus flavours, which is quite a plus.

20170731_120912.jpg The A6 Coil

The airflow is nice. There's nothing novel here, it's got quite a range from Wide-Open to Slightly-Restrictive but doesn't go much less than that for those looking for a very restricted draw. I must also add that I've had zero leaks from this tank.

All the other stuff:

One thing to note is that the coils need a fairly extensive break-in period before the flavour really kicks in. The "official" guide is 3mls for the A6 and 5mls for the A4, but I feel that they may even need a little longer sometimes. This time can be decreased by some extra attention when priming the coil.

Unsurprisingly, this tank will ravage your juice supplies. For myself this is a worthwhile trade-off for the flavour, but for those on a budget or fans of the pricier international juices, this may be something to consider.

This tank can get HOT. Like, crazy hot, especially around the airflow after a good chain-vape.

It's recommended via a strangely-worded insert that you lube up the movable parts of the refill port, specifically the rubber parts. This, I feel, is standard practice.

The (very small) box comes with a glass replacement, an A4 coil, as well as a little packet of spares, nothing new here.

Would I buy it again?

Yes, without a doubt.

Thanks for reading (or skimming) and I'll be back soon with a review for the All Day Vapes juice range

:THINKINGPOUNDERING:

Back