How many cigarettes did you smoke?

How many cigarettes did you smoke per day?

• Less than 10

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • In the teens

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • About a pack a day (20)

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • 20 to 30

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • 30 to 40

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • About 2 packs a day (40)

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • About 3 packs a day (60)

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • More than 3 packs a day (i needed help!)

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
image.jpg
Rothmans Blue - About 25 a day - for 17 years

Am apalled

Twisp Clearo got me off in 9 days. Thanks Twisp.
Then I found this forum.
As others have said, being involved here and improving my vape while learning from everyone else has made all the difference.
The last two years of vaping has been the most amazing experience. Am very grateful.

Morning, morning my fellow inmates,

I was just wondering (as I am still sukkeling to get off the stinkings) when you guys smoked, how many cigarettes did you smoke per day? And maybe which brand?

I've been smoking now for.. 26 odd years (Started when I was just a boy :hit:)

I use to gooi about 25-35 a day (40 on a bad day), smoking Winston since day 1, I'm down now to about 10.

I sukkel with it, man!

EDIT: I would like to add, over the years with the tobacco laws and all, tobacco companies started reducing tar and nicotine in their cigarettes. Every time a new 'look' came out for the cigarette boxes, I noticed my smokes are less powerful. I use to HATE that, but now I'm glad about it!
When I smoked (47+yrs.) I wanted all the flavor all the nic.and tar,full bore,no de-caf coffee no light beer no diet Coke. I wanted it all.I could have done w/o the heart attack tho...

I started smoking as a 2nd profession when I did my 2yrs National Service in '81.
Winston red crushproof box not the softer crumple one, tasted different, it was also a tried and tested way to stay awake on the 2:30 am guard duty.
Smoked from then till '95, neither the patches nor the gum worked, had to do it the hard way..ie like bear with pineapple leaves for toilet paper.
Somewhere between year 10 and year 15, I stopped counting how many years it had been, by then you've re-invented yourself as someone who used to smoke, back when lions once roamed Adderley Street. :)

This is not about radiation, it's about smoking.Watch the last four minutes.

I don’t know if this has been posted before...Count your lucky stars for kicking the smoking habit.

Last edited:
Wow, that is just incredibly disturbing yet informative @Warlock
Thanks for posting and sharing

Wow! I did not know that. Now I'm even gladder I quit smoking!

Unbelievable!
So it's true
Keep vaping and live longer.

I started smoking after high school, started on the red Chesterfields, every time I tried quitting I'd find myself smoking more than before and just before I took delivery of my SVD and Kayfun 3.1 I was burning through 3 packs of Camel Filters a day and a 20 pack of cherry cigars a week with the odd pack of Camel Plains for when I needed a kick.

Thank God for vaping and this forum!

I started smoking after high school, started on the red Chesterfields, every time I tried quitting I'd find myself smoking more than before and just before I took delivery of my SVD and Kayfun 3.1 I was burning through 3 packs of Camel Filters a day and a 20 pack of cherry cigars a week with the odd pack of Camel Plains for when I needed a kick.

Thank God for vaping and this forum!

Sjoe man, jy het gemeen om te stook soos n stoom engine..... :--)

Marlboro, pack to pack and a half a day. On weekends minimum 2 packs a day. Smoked for about 15 years

19 years of smoking. Up until start of my career in IT I smoked a pack a day, maybe less. Gradually increased the more stressful the job became. Then we hit a project that had us working 18hr days for months on end which made me ramp up to 2 packs a day by having 2 or more cigarettes during a 5 min smoke break. Thank my lucky stars for vaping.

Last edited:
Did 30 a day for about 20 years...
Varied between Camel, Dunhill and the last 5 years Stuyvesant blue. I used to buy a pack of Lucky Stikes for weekends...they rocked!

I know to a lot it may seem like a complete no no but I have maybe smoked a total of three boxes of cigarettes in my entire life (have a few drinks and either bum off my mates or jus go buy a box which inevitably sat in the car for weeks on end). I love smoking hubbly/ hookah/ shisha, whatever you call it and have noticed how the hub has been dropped almost completely in favour of vaping just a lil nic. I still enjoy a good hubbly every now n then but I rate it's at least a good thing that I've cut it down.

I'm just here here to soak up knowledge... Basically I'm a sponge.

I know to a lot it may seem like a complete no no but I have maybe smoked a total of three boxes of cigarettes in my entire life (have a few drinks and either bum off my mates or jus go buy a box which inevitably sat in the car for weeks on end). I love smoking hubbly/ hookah/ shisha, whatever you call it and have noticed how the hub has been dropped almost completely in favour of vaping just a lil nic. I still enjoy a good hubbly every now n then but I rate it's at least a good thing that I've cut it down.

Hubbly is as unhealthy as smoking as you are still burning stuff. Vaping for the win.

Hubbly is as unhealthy as smoking as you are still burning stuff. Vaping for the win.

Yip yip I know it's bad and I get really peeved with people trying to convince others that it's better than cigarettes, was just remarking at the fact that since I started vaping the hubbly usage has drastically dropped.

I was a 30-40 smoker a day for about 18 years, started with Peter Stuveysand, moved onto Camel Filter and then Marlboro.
Discovered vaping about 2.5 years ago and never looked back.

After I started vaping, I tried a puff of a cigarette on 2-3 occasions, just to check whether I was missing it, and I could not stand the taste or the feeling.
That's when I realised, how did I ever smoke cigarettes :-D

I used to smoke 20 to 30 Camels per day, more on weekends. A bit of peer group smoking in school but started at varsity.

Kept going for 35 years. I never once tried to give up smoking. About two years ago I saw someone vaping on a twisp, and decided to give it a try. I still had no intention to give up smoking, but I am a gadget nut. Bought a couple of ego cigalikes, and never smoked again. I still have a few packets of stinkies lying around the house from two years ago. Whenever I come across one, they remind me how lucky I am that vaping stopped me smoking.

When one reads the inputs above, it is hard to believe that people still maintain that vaping doesn't help smokers get off the stinkies.

Chesterfield Red (Filter). 30 - 40 A day. 12 years

Never felt or smelt better since I started vaping. Just hit 7 months without touching one :)

I was never a prolific smoker by any stretch of the imagination. At my peak a carton would last me a month. I started with Camel Filters and then moved onto Marlboro Reds and finally Marlboro Silvers. I smoked for 14 years and in the run up to quitting I smoked about about 5 Marlboro Silvers (ultra light) cigarettes a day. I had made a conscious decision to quit but could not get over that final hurdle.:mad: Vaping (or Twisping at that time) helped me get over that final hurdle. :clap:

Started on a Twisp Clearo the first week of 2015 and by the end of that week I had quit smoking and have not touched a cigarette since. :campeon:

Smoked for 14 years and end of 2014 I got myself the Twisp Clearo and within a week stopped smoking completely. Within 3 months of getting the Twisp, I upgraded to bigger and better things. I've had 2 tiny relapses since I started vaping and both times were because my batteries died on me and I was drinking with friends. The last time was at the Iron Maiden concert earlier this year when I ran out of batteries and I had a cigarette, the worst taste ever! I have got myself more gear since then and will never be without a mod, tank or batteries again.

I also tried to quit a few times while I was smoking and tried everything from patches, gum to anti-depressants and nothing worked, vaping though has saved my life and I still laugh at my friends who still smoke when they tell me "that stuff is worse than cigarettes". I have converted a few of my other friends, but you just get those "hardegat" people that will forever refuse to change their habbits unfortunately for them.

Did 30 a day for about 20 years...
Varied between Camel, Dunhill and the last 5 years Stuyvesant blue. I used to buy a pack of Lucky Stikes for weekends...they rocked!

Liked
Smoked for 14 years and end of 2014 I got myself the Twisp Clearo and within a week stopped smoking completely. Within 3 months of getting the Twisp, I upgraded to bigger and better things. I've had 2 tiny relapses since I started vaping and both times were because my batteries died on me and I was drinking with friends. The last time was at the Iron Maiden concert earlier this year when I ran out of batteries and I had a cigarette, the worst taste ever! I have got myself more gear since then and will never be without a mod, tank or batteries again.

I also tried to quit a few times while I was smoking and tried everything from patches, gum to anti-depressants and nothing worked, vaping though has saved my life and I still laugh at my friends who still smoke when they tell me "that stuff is worse than cigarettes". I have converted a few of my other friends, but you just get those "hardegat" people that will forever refuse to change their habbits unfortunately for them.

I hit those who tell me that with facts now. Shuts them up quickly. I wish I could have seen Maiden :(

Those were the days
image.jpg

When I used to smoke "stinkies" about 3 years ago, I would average around 13 - 15 a day, then I used tablets called "zyban" (Works 100%) I quit smoking for a year, then one night I had a few dops to many and was having drags of my friends "rollies", I then started rolling my own till about Feb this year also averaging around 13 - 15 a day. In Feb I went to twisp bought a solo, this thing lasted about week, bought 2 clearo's, these also did not last to long, leaking etc, coils lasting a week blah blah,. So I looked into an alternative product (Subox mini kit) :D, still vaping on this thing. I quit the "rollies" the day I bought the solo. Haven't smoked a stinkie or a rollie since.

Little background on Zyban, its actually an anti depressant tablet but when they did a survey about 90% of the smokers quit smoking for some odd reason lol. I just took them with the idea of "this isn't going to work" and carried on smoking as per normal, I was off the stinkies a week and a half later without even noticing. So if you are struggling getting off stinkies by using vape products I can recommend Zyban, I have referred about 4 of my friends to this and they have all stopped the stinkies. You need to get these tablets proscribed by a doctor obviously with reason to quit smoking :)
Just read your thoughts on Zyban, amazing stuff that. I just told a friend today that of all smoke cessation aids, I believe Zyban and a vape would be by far the best combination to stop smoking cigarettes.

I've been smoking for 19 years, 4 of which was just messing about, 15 was as a proper smoker. Last year, I've been on 22-25 Rothmans Red.

Back