How many cigarettes did you smoke?

How many cigarettes did you smoke per day?

• Less than 10

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • In the teens

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • About a pack a day (20)

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • 20 to 30

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • 30 to 40

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • About 2 packs a day (40)

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • About 3 packs a day (60)

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • More than 3 packs a day (i needed help!)

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Got started at the age of 10 , bad influence from elder brothers :rolleyes:, started with Gunston plains , Van Rijns & Gold Dollar Blue 10pack / Cavella Kings ( cost about R1.00 in those days ), about 5 a day until High school. Then it was like 10 a day. After high school Pack and half a day for the last 30 years , primarily Chesterfield Red / Stuyvesant Blue. Decided almost 6months ago that after 40 yrs enough was enough, Went and got a twisp edge and haven't touched a stinkie since. :borra2::aaaaa:
Its a pity vaping was not around 10-15 years ago...:pensive:

Started early in high school and went for the long haul - 26 years :think:
I went through most of the brands, but just before i quit last year, i was on Camel double the purple one - pack and a half a day.
I always wondered what brand would be next as the flavour out of those camels was tops (as cigarette flavours goes).
Then i found Twisp. last cig was last year December, literally two days after i got the twisp.

I'd been smoking since the age of 15 before vaping. That's a solid 9 years of which 7 was a pack or more a day.

Before Vaping I'd usually average about 28 - 35 per day. I'm still guilty of the odd Lucky Strike now and then though. About one stinky a week.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Started at 19 in varsity. About 5 per day. Then progressively up to a pack a day. Broke the habit with a clearo but wasn't satisfied and went back to stinkies until I found ecigssa ordered a topbox mini and a AIO and haven't looked back since 3 July last year

Started @ 16 when club tens was still a thing and slowly increased to the point where I was smoking a pack a day. Luckily a found some vaping vids on youtube got my self my first vape pen and said goodbye for good to smoking

Started at the age of 9 (1972) - behind the well in the back garden - in Zimbabs - on my mom's long brown thin Dumonts' - and at the age of 53 (2016) - Sept 11 '16 - bombed smoking - Stuyvesant Blue and continued - uninterrupted with vaping - and what an awesome transition its been.

Just prior to stopping - my daughter gave me an eCig arrangement she put together in the states before she came home for Christmas last year 2015 - Eleaf iStick 40W VW and a Kangertech Subtank Mini with some "Space Jam" Eclipse 6mg and Cuttwood Boss Reserve 3mg. Nothing happened with it until May June this year.

Then I eventually started researching the whole Vaping Process and came to a point where a decision - deep in center of my heart - had to be made - for me and my beautiful Wife.

Smoking will destroy your heart - literally - physically - mentally - emotionally - and you WILL become a Statistic - Fact - and my precious precious wife never really liked my smoking habit

And I just didn't want to be remembered as a statistic - so I stopped smoking - went to 0mg Nic and have been enjoying the whole vaping lifestyle so frikken much.

That's it in a nutshell.
:b1::banana::ole:

Started at 14 stealing my Fathers John Rolf's with the naughty crew. Back when a pack of 30's were R3.40.

Smoked uninterrupted, 40 a day since, living the life of a rock star until the age of 36. Initially quit cold turkey and then had the issue that when I had some drinks I end up falling back to the smokes again which got me started again in no time. Friend got me started on vaping which has gotten me of the cigarettes.

Last edited:
I started smoking when i was very young, but didnt take it up fully till I was 14 years old. Smoked like a train for 17 years after that. I used to smoke Golden Virginia rollies when I moved to England so the idea of building your own coils and tinkering gave me the same satisfaction that rolling your own cigarettes.

So glad I found vaping and is fighting the battle to get everyone I know of the stinkies. Wife is now 6 months smoke free vaper!

I started smoking when i was very young, but didnt take it up fully till I was 14 years old. Smoked like a train for 17 years after that. I used to smoke Golden Virginia rollies when I moved to England so the idea of building your own coils and tinkering gave me the same satisfaction that rolling your own cigarettes.

So glad I found vaping and is fighting the battle to get everyone I know of the stinkies. Wife is now 6 months smoke free vaper!

Snap @SpiralSequence
I also smoked for 17 years. About 25 to 30 a day. Rothmans Blue mainly.

Been smoke free for just over three years now

Every now and then I think how many cigarettes I have avoided. That figure is now on about 27,000. I just cant believe how much that is!

Am very grateful I found vaping

Snap @SpiralSequence
I also smoked for 17 years. About 25 to 30 a day. Rothmans Blue mainly.

Been smoke free for just over three years now

Every now and then I think how many cigarettes I have avoided. That figure is now on about 27,000. I just cant believe how much that is!

Am very grateful I found vaping
@Silver I was laying in bed one night fighting for breath and thought to myself if I don't quit now it will kill me.

Best decision I ever made!

@Silver I was laying in bed one night fighting for breath and thought to myself if I don't quit now it will kill me.

Best decision I ever made!

Great stuff
Very glad for you (and all of us)

I was on 20-30 after 11 years (Started full time smoking at 11) of smoking did about 30 a day on the last two years. I tried Chappies, Zyban, "mind Techniques" and even the "I am smoking less" thing, but it was no success.

But in the end, the only thing that made me quit was a Cold turkey approach combined with the decision that I DO NOT WANT TO SMOKE any more, and that was that. The fact that I could bare go up 1 flight of stairs without huffing and puffing at the top gave me a fright when I started thinking about being active and playing with my (then) 1 yr Old.

I have to say that you need to really make that decision by your self that you do not want to smoke anymore, dont try and convince yourself, Just do it.

This year after no Cigs for Three years, I had a relapse, had a Very crazy stressful project and The stress got the better of me, I started binge smoking again, even said I will only smoke home rollys (Rolling tobacco that you roll yourself) and that when over to smoking again.
I put my foot down, and quict smoking again but this time I have the Vaaaaaping to get me through the difficult spots

I was on 20-30 after 11 years (Started full time smoking at 11) of smoking did about 30 a day on the last two years. I tried Chappies, Zyban, "mind Techniques" and even the "I am smoking less" thing, but it was no success.

But in the end, the only thing that made me quit was a Cold turkey approach combined with the decision that I DO NOT WANT TO SMOKE any more, and that was that. The fact that I could bare go up 1 flight of stairs without huffing and puffing at the top gave me a fright when I started thinking about being active and playing with my (then) 1 yr Old.

I have to say that you need to really make that decision by your self that you do not want to smoke anymore, dont try and convince yourself, Just do it.

This year after no Cigs for Three years, I had a relapse, had a Very crazy stressful project and The stress got the better of me, I started binge smoking again, even said I will only smoke home rollys (Rolling tobacco that you roll yourself) and that when over to smoking again.
I put my foot down, and quict smoking again but this time I have the Vaaaaaping to get me through the difficult spots

Glad to hear @Dietz
Hoping the vaping can keep the smoking at bay for you - indefinitely
Hang in there and be patient - you will find your winning vape setups and juices - just takes a bit of time and trial and error. Once you have a great setup and a few juices you LOVE then its plain sailing

e7795ece5bf717359289eac16dd49dae.jpg

;) thought you guys might enjoy

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Well... when I made the conversion I was smoking anywhere between 40 - 60 a day. Started with 18mg nic juice and am now down to 3mg nic. It's been an interesting ride

Back