How often do you change cotton?

@Silver, you really have a way with words and understanding of the various types of Vaperzzz we have on this wonderful forum. Whenever I read your personal experiences I really feel like I'm sitting right next to you seein and feeling the passion you have for vaping. (after the craft vapour blind tasting I can actually put the real person behind the name now) I'm sure that I am not the only person who feels the same way, you show me everytime that there is so much more to vaping then most people are aware of...the only comparison I can use is one to that of sitting in a gentleman's lounge with a fine cigar and whiskey..or a fine wine and cheese tasting...you my friend are a gentleman's vaper. Always showing wisdom and class. (except those silver times rofl) I am on this exact journey as well where I am learning to appreciate the finer, complex side of vaping and without my ecigsa family...I'd be among the masses knowing only twisp and propaganda media against my new found love in life.

Just so that I'm not hijacking this thread, I use organic Japanese cotton and also change with flavour changes.

Love you guys and girls!

I change with every new flavour, if I Vape the same flavour then I change wick after 2 days.

Many thanks @Guunie for the wonderful compliment!
Wow, never thought of it that way - but thanks for sharing your view

The thing about vaping is that it is indeed a world filled with finer details and subtleties which are often overlooked. And it does offer an amazing mix of experiences for those that want it.

On the point of sharing, I will say that most of the knowledge i have on vaping comes directly from the people on this forum, who have shared their views and findings so openly. So sharing my findings and experiences is the least I can do.

I also agree with you, without this forum I would be nowhere near where I am now regarding the level of enjoyment I get out of vaping.

jeez, i must be one of the laziest vapers then, no wonder i almost never post on the forum :p

i use rayon in my RM2 - and i change it about every 2 weeks. but i change the coil as well then. its a 2mm ID, 6 wraps, 26G UGLY coil. (spaced)
i mainly vape VM4, also tried @KieranD 's cowboy pie something - that was delicious :)

i tried jap cotton - dont like the initial taste SIES!
i tried native wick - also not leka

guess i like rayon and 2 week old coils n wick hahaha :)

While on the topic of changing things, did anyone notice that a coil, after 2nd time wicking and coil dry burnt clean, the coil seems to 'packup' quicker than the first time of use, or am I doing something wrong...
I'm actually testing this on my doge....

Have a 0.08 build in there, cleaning it out mostly every week, but as stated above I have once let it go for two weeks. The coil itself is now in the RDA for probably 2 months, if not more... and still going strong, I just never let it get gunked up... the big trick is to never get dry hits... and I mean never... that prevents gunking up...

i'm probably only going to replace the coil shortly before the cloud blowing comps... until then it's staying in there :)

look after your coils, and they will look after your vaping needs :)

jeez, i must be one of the laziest vapers then, no wonder i almost never post on the forum :p

i use rayon in my RM2 - and i change it about every 2 weeks. but i change the coil as well then. its a 2mm ID, 6 wraps, 26G UGLY coil. (spaced)
i mainly vape VM4, also tried @KieranD 's cowboy pie something - that was delicious :)

i tried jap cotton - dont like the initial taste SIES!
i tried native wick - also not leka

guess i like rayon and 2 week old coils n wick hahaha :)
Lol, I am more lazy! I re-coil and re-wick every 3 months, using ceramic wicking. Beat that:p.

Vapeking has some for sale... you can also go and check all your attys that you have purchased over time... they usually send them out with some crap coils around some silica wick, I know some even send you a small amount with as well... so if you are just to test, then check your old atty boxes, hehe

but it's also very cheep... VK has it up for R10 per meter......
http://vapeking.co.za/silica-wick-x-1-meter.html

Vapeking has some for sale... you can also go and check all your attys that you have purchased over time... they usually send them out with some crap coils around some silica wick, I know some even send you a small amount with as well... so if you are just to test, then check your old atty boxes, hehe

but it's also very cheep... VK has it up for R10 per meter......
http://vapeking.co.za/silica-wick-x-1-meter.html
although silica does have a longer life span than cotton/rayon, its not the same as ceramic wick - if im correct, ceramic, PROPER ceramic wick is only avail from the states, and they are not allowed to export.

@Andre I must get me some of this ceramic wick for the RM2 :) , will see if I can convince my buddy in the States to 'smuggle' some out for me ....

*edit* never mind , the price is insane !

been on a Rayon trip myself (thanks @Rob Fisher !) , but still like my Jap cotton for the desert juices

@Andre I must get me some of this ceramic wick for the RM2 :) , will see if I can convince my buddy in the States to 'smuggle' some out for me ....
Do it....great in the RM2. In fact I use it in all my bf drippers, just slant the coils for the wick to touch or almost touch the deck, or build vertical where appropriate.

Do it....great in the RM2. In fact I use it in all my bf drippers, just slant the coils for the wick to touch or almost touch the deck, or build vertical where appropriate.

@Andre Which one do I get ? 3mm or 2mm ?

SHO , $40 for 5 foot that's hectic ... and I'm not sure I will like it ... anybody in Centurion have a small piece I can test out before buying?

SHO , $40 for 5 foot that's hectic ... and I'm not sure I will like it ... anybody in Centurion have a small piece I can test out before buying?
Lol, 5 foot will last you more than five years. I will buy at least half of that if you do not like it. You should anyhow not have trouble selling it here.

Back