How to add SOLD / ARCHIVE for Classifieds

KZOR

Proudly South African Vaper
LV

Awards
Bellville, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
It irritates the living crap out of me when members use the classifieds and still don't know the correct protocol.
So here goes ...... sweet and simple so that even toddler can follow :

1) Open your own ad. :)
Untitled.jpg

2) Go to the "Thread tools" which is at the top right side
2.jpg

3) Click on "Edit title"
3.jpg

4) When this box appears then click on the "(No prefix)" tab.
4.jpg

5) You will get two options :
a - pick SOLD if someone has purchased your item
b - pick ARCHIVE if you want to remove the ad for any other reason
5.jpg

6) All that remains to be done is to SAVE THE CHANGES.
6.jpg

Now you can rest easy and a admin will come along and immediately conclude that your business on the forums are done and dusted and can remove your ad as to prevent clutter. :)
Feel free to pm for any other difficult questions.
Have a great day.

Thank you @KZOR
You are a champion!!!
:campeon:

It irritates the living crap out of me when members use the classifieds and still don't know the correct protocol.

View attachment 91816

View attachment 91817

3) Click on "Edit title"
View attachment 91818

View attachment 91819

View attachment 91820

View attachment 91821

Now you can rest easy and a admin will come along and immediately conclude that your business on the forums are done and dusted and can remove your ad as to prevent clutter. :)
Have a great day.
A few here only use Tapatalk.. it is known.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

I wish we had more control in Tapatalk though. At least I am lucky enough to have access at work.

I wish we had more control in Tapatalk though. At least I am lucky enough to have access at work.

Just a note on Tapatalk
It is a 3rd party app that we have no influence over
It offers stripped down functionality

If you cant adjust the thread prefix as KZOR explained so well above, then please edit your thread title and put (SOLD) in the front.

Otherwise, please log in with a normal browser (everyone has one) and close your ads with the prefix.

This thread has been made into a sticky for now

Thanks again @KZOR for your efforts :campeon:

View attachment 91816

View attachment 91817

3) Click on "Edit title"
View attachment 91818

View attachment 91819

View attachment 91820

View attachment 91821

Have a great day.
Hey man, i dont mean to be funny or anything but my thread was moved to archives while it was still on hold, the deal fell through and now i need to move it back to the classifieds, is there a way to move it back? Or should i create a new add?

Thanks!

@Hooked, check out this thread, which is a sticky in the Classifieds For Sale subforum
It gives detailed instructions on how to mark a thread as SOLD using the thread prefix method

(You need to use a normal browser not Tapatalk for this)

@Hooked, check out this thread, which is a sticky in the Classifieds For Sale subforum
It gives detailed instructions on how to mark a thread as SOLD using the thread prefix method

@Silver OK thanks - got it!

Hi @Silver

I read the instructions thread before I tagged Admins and you for help. In fact, I copied the entire thread to my laptop - and yes, I post from a laptop, not from Tapatalk - but I still couldn't follow them.

You commented in one of my Classifieds threads that you would look at the instructions to see if they could be improved, so I would like to explain why I couldn't follow them.

The instructions are as follows:

"add (SOLD) in the front of the thread title ... To edit the thread you started (dropdown menu near the top right called "Thread Tools")."

I didn't see Thread Tools because the instructions say that it's "near the top right". What is "near" to one is not "near" to another.

This is what "near the top" meant to me:

near the top.JPG

so I clicked on the little icon at the top-right, but it didn't give options to mark the thread as SOLD.

If I had taken the time to scroll further down I would seen Thread Tools, as I did this morning, but time I didn't have!! Firstly, I wanted to mark both threads as SOLD immediately, so as not to inconvenience potential buyers. Secondly, I was extremely busy with other things, so I just needed to do what had to be done asap.

Conclusion: It was my fault to a large extent, but may I suggest that you include a screenshot with these, and perhaps with all instructions? It would make it so much easier.

If I had seen a screenshot of this it would have helped tremendously.
upload_2019-5-8_9-45-9.png

And just to reply to your comment about everything being sold so quickly. I was most fortunate to get a group buy! :aaaaa:

Last edited:
Hi @Silver

I read the instructions thread before I tagged Admins and you for help. In fact, I copied the entire thread to my laptop - and yes, I post from a laptop, not from Tapatalk - but I still couldn't follow them.

You commented in one of my Classifieds threads that you would look at the instructions to see if they could be improved, so I would like to explain why I couldn't follow them.

The instructions are as follows:

"add (SOLD) in the front of the thread title ... To edit the thread you started (dropdown menu near the top right called "Thread Tools")."

I didn't see Thread Tools because the instructions say that it's "near the top right". What is "near" to one is not "near" to another.

This is what "near the top" meant to me:

View attachment 165924

so I clicked on the little icon at the top-right, but it didn't give options to mark the thread as SOLD.

If I had taken the time to scroll further down I would seen Thread Tools, as I did this morning, but time I didn't have!! Firstly, I wanted to mark both threads as SOLD immediately, so as not to inconvenience potential buyers. Secondly, I was extremely busy with other things, so I just needed to do what had to be done asap.

Conclusion: It was my fault to a large extent, but may I suggest that you include a screenshot with these, and perhaps with all instructions? It would make it so much easier.

If I had seen a screenshot of this it would have helped tremendously.
View attachment 165925

And just to reply to your comment about everything being sold so quickly. I was most fortunate to get a group buy! :aaaaa:

Thanks for the feedback @Hooked
There is a screenshot at the top of this thread in the explanation - kindly put together by @KZOR
I think it explains it well
That's why we have stickied this thread at the top of the Classifieds For Sale subforum

I have added a link to this thread in the Classifieds Rules and have adjusted the wording slightly so hopefully it is less confusing

Thanks for the feedback @Hooked
There is a screenshot at the top of this thread in the explanation - kindly put together by @KZOR
I think it explains it well
That's why we have stickied this thread at the top of the Classifieds For Sale subforum

I have added a link to this thread in the Classifieds Rules and have adjusted the wording slightly so hopefully it is less confusing

@Silver Actually it wasn't this thread which I read. It was this one https://www.ecigssa.co.za/rules-for-using-the-classifieds-please-read-and-follow.t5889/

I think having the Rules thread and KZOR's thread is definitely confusing. I had read your explanation in the Rules thread, so what's the point of reading KZOR's? It's similar to a situation which we recently had on the forum, where there were different review threads, by different people, of the same product.

It would be easier for users to read just one thread which explains everything.

@Silver Actually it wasn't this thread which I read. It was this one https://www.ecigssa.co.za/rules-for-using-the-classifieds-please-read-and-follow.t5889/

I think having the Rules thread and KZOR's thread is definitely confusing. I had read your explanation in the Rules thread, so what's the point of reading KZOR's? It's similar to a situation which we recently had on the forum, where there were different review threads, by different people, of the same product.

It would be easier for users to read just one thread which explains everything.

I did change the wording on the rules thread and did add in the reference to this thread for those that don’t know how to mark a thread as SOLD.

We don’t want to put all the graphics and detailed explanations of how to mark a thread as sold in the rules thread. That thread needs to be as simple and concise as possible.

View attachment 91816

View attachment 91817

3) Click on "Edit title"
View attachment 91818

View attachment 91819

View attachment 91820

View attachment 91821

Have a great day.
Hi I'm new here, how do I add items for sale?

Back