How to tailor your throat-hit

Hooked

Vapin' up a Storm
LV

Awards
Copied from:
https://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/ashtray-blog/2016/08/throat-hit.html

For a Stronger Throat Hit:

Use a higher-nicotine juice. More nicotine equals more throat hit. Simple.

Choose a higher-PG blend: If you have a sub ohm tank and mod, a roughly 50/50 PG/VG mix is good, for a basic tank system you should aim for a bit more PG than that.

Increase the power or temperature: More power or a higher temperature will amplify your existing throat hit and add one of its own.

Go with a menthol juice: Menthol boosts throat hit, so if it’s a priority, try out some menthol flavours. Citrus blends can work too.

Decrease the airflow: Less airflow means a more concentrated, hotter vape, and that translates into a punchier throat hit.

For a Gentler Throat Hit

Decrease your nicotine strength: You might need to vape a bit more to feel satisfied, but lower nicotine strengths are better for a gentle throat hit.

Use higher-VG liquids: VG is great for clouds, but the throat hit is really smooth at anything over 70 % VG.

Reduce your power setting: Lower-power vaping keeps the vapour cool and the throat hit gentle.

Choose a sweet flavour: Sweet, creamy or bakery e-juices offer a generally smooth throat hit. Coffees and tobaccos can have the same effect too.

Open up your airflow: More airflow makes the vapour cooler and less concentrated, reducing throat hit.

Stick with cotton wicks: Cotton offers a subtle throat hit, but it’s less than with other wicking materials.

Do you agree/disagree with any of the above? Do you have other suggestions?

I can concur with higher nic, adding menthol and higher PG to enhance the throat hit
:D

However, for me, the high throat hit is mainly pleasurable in mouth to lung style vaping

For direct lung hits I don't like strong throat hit. Its a totally different sensation anyway

Back