I just got really tired...

Clouder

Dedicated Vaper
LV

Awards
....of a chipped subtank!

I've been really taking care of my black Subtank, but the paint just chips off, leaving the tank to look absolutely horrible!

So I decided to just gooi it in paintstripper! The whole process should be done by the time I get home today from work!

The bottom part is already done and its sitting in a bowl of soapy water. You really want to get ALL the thick paint stripper off before you start vaping on it!

Here's a pic of "so far"

13221121.jpg

@Casper would you be so kind as to upload a pic of your finished tank please?

LOL, I thought I was the only one that didn't like the "fading" black. In this respect, unfortunately I am a women, so paint stripper did not come to mind. :wasntme: I scraped mine of with some scissors...! However I did leave the inside black.

Please upload a pic so we can see how it turned out. My TFv4 is black and the fact that the bottom half is slowly becoming a lighter shade of black has really irked my OCD to no extent.

I did something similar with my fiancé's ... just scratched it off with my nail though, it came off really easy and no scratches.

The peeled look was driving me crazy, but its all good now!
qrnvfa.jpg

Nice job guys, paint stripper works incredibly fast to strip the paint off any atomizer, simply apply a very thick layer, or alternatively just let it soak for a minute or two. You should be able to just peel it or push the stuff off with a toothpick or something. This stuff is great

I started off with this
14681334908_7200cb2cfd_z.jpg

I was careful to avoid getting paint stripper inside the 510.
14844992806_c4a1a72d3f_z.jpg

Found that using a wooden toothpick was best for getting into the small places
14867960965_384107afd6_z.jpg

I left the door painted for now.
14681366528_9b15ed99ea_z.jpg

Sick as Tits :rock:
14864936071_3e9d6bd447_z.jpg

14867988875_f322c425c9_z.jpg

I don't know why the hell they paint over stainless steel in the first place, looks so much better now.

To be honest. The demo ones I see in the Vape shop look like the paint was horribly peeled off. It put me off a wee bit. "Cheap" springs to mind -- unfortunately. Other than that I don't own one but I have read a thousand positive reviews in the unit as a whole.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

To be honest. The demo ones I see in the Vape shop look like the paint was horribly peeled off. It put me off a wee bit. "Cheap" springs to mind --

It will put a lot off - peeling paint doesn't look nice. The tank (without the peeling paint) is a good tank.

Painting over stainless steel is doomed from the start. The only reason it is done is to appease the customers who want a colourful tank so it matches their mod.
Dave

I used thinners on my mod, but a friend of mine used gel paint stipper (available at any hardware store), which in my opinion works better.

@Switchy you can use any paintstripper from a hardware store, I don't know the name, but mine was very thick and sticky, bought it from Mica

Back