I love you guys but seriously? This is pushing it all the way to the top

Question.
So if I were to expand my building skills, but I'm not sure the effort of building a staple staggered fused alien clapton would be worth it it...
Ie, you get the same vape from a plain old clapton. Then wouldn't it be nice to be able to buy such a set of coils, once off, to test it out.
Then, if I like it, I learn to build it.

For that reason, I think it's nice to have the option to buy pre-fab coils.
The more exotic, the better.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

In my experience, plain wire coils are better than any fancy stuff a anyway :D Guess I'm lucky that way

For me... a plain 24ga coil is fantastic. Hell Sir Vape even recommends this in a SM25.

That said... i think this whole conversation is rediculous.

Lets complain about juice at 150 a bottle while you can diy 30ml for 20 bucks?

Also nobody in this thread said you must just accept the prices because some reputable members praise a product.

What I have seen many times is a response that a free market is fantastic.

This works in your favour also as when you cannot afford it (feel it is too expensive) all you do is keep your wallet in your pocket and walk past.

Sent from my Serpent Minikin

I love this.
So many opinions, each built on rock solid ground, none more true than the next.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

For me... a plain 24ga coil is fantastic. Hell Sir Vape even recommends this in a SM25.

That said... i think this whole conversation is rediculous.

Also nobody in this thread said you must just accept the prices because some reputable members praise a product.

What I have seen many times is a response that a free market is fantastic.

This works in your favour also as when you cannot afford it (feel it is too expensive) all you do is keep your wallet in your pocket and walk past.

Sent from my Serpent Minikin

Fully agree with that bud. If we had no other options then i too would probably protest.

But we have options. You can buy wire and make simple coils or buy a coiling kit/Dedeleaus (i think that's how its spelt :-D) and make fany coil or, buy the Demon killer coils. They last about a month to two so ok if you wanna try out.

The main thing is we not limited or forced to use the empire coils so once again if its too much cash and you not happy spending that amount then use the other options you have.

Same goes with juice if store/premium juice is too expensive then start learning too Diy. Thats what i did and is so simple.
Kzor did a tutorial on how easy it is too Diy. Ill find the link now :)

Us vapers have options and we are in no means limited to choice.
So lets all just move on.

Exactly. The price of commercial juices doesn't bother me in the slightest because I'm never going to buy them regardless of what they cost. If they cost the same as DIY juice, I'd consider it. But they never will. So it's a theoretical and futile exercise to speculate on it.

This answers @moonunit's question as well about how much I'd be willing to pay for coils. The answer is that there is no answer because no coil maker is going to make coils as cheaply as I can make them myself. Commercial juice, exotic coils, stock sub-ohm coils and high-end gear are four vaping sectors which, if they vanished overnight, would make zero difference to my vaping experience. I don't use any of their products so what they charge is of no concern to me. If their customers are happy, that is all that matters. Me not being a customer should not cause them to lose any sleep. Porsche, Johnnie Walker Blue, Rolex and Versace have all done perfectly well without having me as a customer.

Now if you ask me what DIY concentrates should cost, let's just say I'm thinking of a number that starts with 3. Four or five months ago, DIY vendors would have stated flatly that such pricing was not doable. But we now have one DIY vendor selling FA for R35, another selling Inw for R40, another selling 20ml TFA for as low as R51 and 20ml Cap for as low as R68, and yet another selling Cap/FW/FA/TFA for R38. So it obviously can be done. And I would think that customer pressure played a role in the deflation affecting DIY concentrates currently.

Yes, I'm cheap. But what of it? My motives are pure and altruistic. If we are to save a billion lives, vaping must be affordable for the poorest of the poor. If nobody else will think of poor developing world children then I will. And I shall not rest until every child in the developing world can chuck clouds on a DNA 200 with a Hadaly and Cuttwood juice. I shall now ask @Clouds4Days to release the thousand white doves while I claim my Kumbaya medal from @Silver.

I will give it to all ya folk straight-up from my perspective. :)

We are spoilt by cheap prices when it comes to quality items. I just look at mods in the classifieds ....... @Lee had to reduce his price on Dotmod RTA's to R500 each before they sold, @VapeSnow had to drop his Triad and subzero dripper to R2400 before it sold and so on.
@hands sells top quality driptips for WAY WAY WAY too cheap. He could double that price and still come in way cheaper than overseas makers.

If you start making your own juice and coils then you realise how cheap it can be done for BUT there is a huge difference making them in your house versus as part of a business. The reasons why I can sell my juices cheaper is because I have a fraction of the overheads other guys have and I do it as a hobby and it is not my primary source of income.
We need to understand many vendors and makers rely on selling vape related products to pay the bills and still make enough to enjoy the small pleasures in life.

I try to help educate members in my videos to be self sufficient by building their own wires and making their own ejuice so that those individuals who are on a tight budget or want to start a new hobby has an alternative.
If something is too expensive for me then I just don't buy it and alternatively if I really want it and it can help save me moola in the long run then it is a no brainer.

When I quote to deejay a wedding I am offering to do something someone else can do for R800 but I will never do it for that price because ....
1) my equipment is quality
2) my music collection is diverse and up to date
3) my time is too precious to do it for less than my quote
4) i feel my years of experience has to count for something

Can I do it for less? Of course
Will I do it for less? Not likely except when it is a fundraiser for a noble cause

We need to realise or remember that you get what you pay for. I married quality because I like quality. If I cannot afford quality then I make my own quality. :)

Tell me more about these fany coils about which you speak..... sounds quite erotic exotic

:-D
The only Fancy coil i can make is a simple twisted coil.
I dont have the time nor the patience to build coils.
If i need fancy coil i use alien wire shots or fused clapton wire in a spool.

But the Fancy coils i use are no where near to what fancy coils google has :)

coil5images.jpg coil4images.jpg coil3images.jpg coil2images.jpg
coilimages.jpg

Bottom line: a set of Coil Empire claptons takes a whole spool of wire for the claptoning.

Then also they are total works of art perfect in all regards.

Quality craftmanship costs bucks. Period.

Being involved in the custom knife community I can appreciate the time and effort that goes into any hand made product. The real question is supply and demand....

Bottom line: a set of Coil Empire claptons takes a whole spool of wire for the claptoning.

A pair of 7 wrap 3mm id 26/38 claptons will require just over 4 meters of the 38g wrap to make both coils

So unless your spool is 4 meters then it will take an entire spool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear you @Waine if its got to do with vaping aparently doesnt matter what the prices are, it sells. Like uncle @Rob Fisher said its a Free Market so one is free too choose to spend the money or not.

Myself and few other members are also jumping on the band wagon if you would like you can join us Waine, we need as many members as possible.

Its a whole new experience to vaping where one doesnt need a mod or tank to vape you. You can vape straight out the bottle.

I now present for the first time on Ecigssa.....

View attachment 78225

This is the next level guys.... A whole new dimension to vaping that now anyone can buy for ony R550.00

You say wow R550.00 thats expensive.....
No its not...
All Fart in a Bottle, Bottles are exclusive and marked by its creator with a signature and what he ate the night before. Here is the lengthy capturing process of making one of these unique bottles.

View attachment 78226

Its a lengthy process but it pays off cause its R550.00.... I see now you starting to say wow R550.00 doesn't seem that bad now.

If i havent convinced you yet than you will be convinced now...
You need no vape gear with Fart in a Bottle all you need is a Bottle of Fart in a Bottle to enjoy this amazing product straight out the bottle...

View attachment 78227

Wow ....
Just look at him enjoying that Fart in a Bottle.
You can get yours today from all leading vape shops...
So go now and grab one today....

Only R550.00
Been DIYing the stuff for ages. It's my goto end of the month vape

Being involved in the custom knife community I can appreciate the time and effort that goes into any hand made product. The real question is supply and demand....
Reminds me of this Lexus LFA supercar. Limited to 500 and each handmade. The epitome of Lexus's ingenuity and technology. A true beauty and a beast of a car at R5mil and no one can deny that plus that is actually what it cost Lexus to make that car. There is not a markup but it was purely to showcase their talent and what the future of Lexus hold's or held from when it was made.

I saw one of these in the basement of Lexus Midrand and apparently the other one in the country in in a dealership in CPT. Been there for years. I asked why? Apparently because, "most people who have R5mil to blow on cars" are buying Porche 911's, Lambo, Ferraris, for half the price (or they buy 2) that beat the LFA at what it's built to do. Paris Hilton has one though that she uses for shopping so there is a market.

Reminds me of this Lexus LFA supercar. Limited to 500 and each handmade. The epitome of Lexus's ingenuity and technology. A true beauty and a beast of a car at R5mil and no one can deny that plus that is actually what it cost Lexus to make that car. There is not a markup but it was purely to showcase their talent and what the future of Lexus hold's or held from when it was made.

I saw one of these in the basement of Lexus Midrand and apparently the other one in the country in in a dealership in CPT. Been there for years. I asked why? Apparently because, "most people who have R5mil to blow on cars" are buying Porche 911's, Lambo, Ferraris, for half the price (or they buy 2) that beat the LFA at what it's built to do. Paris Hilton has one though that she uses for shopping so there is a market.
Pics or it didn't happen

Pics or it didn't happen
paris-hilton-dresses-to-match-her-lexus-lfa-77924-7.jpg

These coils are well worth it , iv bought them as they are very finely wrapped.The vape from it is great and you also paying for the quality of the Ni80 wire . If they are well mainatained it could last you +- 2 months .

I think this whole discussion is a emotive one for all concerned, because there is such a vast array of options when it comes to sourcing Vape goods.

And this is without figuring in the whole personal value each of us attaches to the items in question, no matter what item it may be.

I recall spending a lot of time, on a similar forum recently, where one of the great discussions centred around whether or not a salary of 75000.00 dollars was enough for a family to live on in a certain city, in a certain country.

The answers as you can imagine vary greatly, and all kinds of opinions are offered, because lets face it, it is a intensely personal experience, and your own choices and values come into play.

all of this being said, i believe that a lot of the vendors in South Africa, are not out to rip their clientel off, (for that see the numerous chinese malls and fleamarket stalls, cellphone repair services etc), but are trying their best to provide quality products at a reasonable price.

If however this does not suit your personal budget, or your personal value system, you still have options, you can source internationally, and do the whole customs, shipping, delays thing yourself, or look here on the forum for second hand goods.

Failing this too, you still have the option of DIY, and if you want to spend the money to get started in DIY, by the end of your journey to achieving similar results to commercially available merchandise, you may have spent way more than the outright purchase of the item in question would have cost you to begin with.

Remember one thing about economics, and capitalism, a service or goods offered will only survive as long as their are customers that are willing to pay for it, which is why you don't get 28kb/s dialup modems or services anymore....

Back