IJOY Avenger 270 234W Voice Control TC Kit

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Avenger 270 234W Voice Control TC Kit from IJOY. The IJOY Avenger 270 234W Voice Control TC Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Pearl from Cigabuy.

https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-i...ice-control-tc-kit-mirror-purple-p-12259.html

https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-i...rol-box-mod-matte-champagne-gold-p-12214.html

Introduction

The Avenger 270 234W is the first device to boast artificial voice intelligence (well not that intelligent to be honest but loads of fun), also it has sound responsive LED's. So in the review i will be giving my verdict on if the voice activation is useful or just a gimmick as well as more importantly how the device functions as a vaping device.

In the Box

Contents:

1* IJOY AVENGER PD270 BOX MOD(234W)
1* AVENGER SUBOHM TANK
2* 20700 BATTERIES
1* 18650 Adapter
1* X3-Mesh Coil (Mesh coil, Wood pulp+cotton, 0.15ohm, 40-90W Pre-installed)
1* X3-C1S Coil (Wood pulp+cotton,0.35ohm 40-80W)
1* Replacement Glass
1 *Tool pack
1* USB Cable
1* Manual
1* Warranty Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Avenger is a really nice shape in my opinion with front, back and both sides slanting from top to bottom to make the device larger at the bottom than the top. I recieved the Mirror Purple version but the Avenger also comes in Matte Black, Matte Champagne Gold, Mirror Blue, Mirror Silver, Mirror Green and Mirror Rainbow. Both sides have identical Black bars one is static the other is the fire bar, both front and back as an elongated Black shield panel (that's the best i can describe it as). The back shield has "AVENGER 270" printed on, the front panel houses the large colour screen, underneath we have a large left button and large right button, the buttons are joined together with a strip that follows the contours of the shield, both buttons and strip are frosted and also semi transparent to allow for the LED's to shine through. At the bottom of the front we have the micro USB port and above the screen we have "iJOY" printed. The bottom is the battery door which has branding and safety stamps printed in white, moving to the top we have a centre gold plated, spring loaded 510. The device does have slight button rattle but other than that seems well made, the slightly curved shape and fire bar makes the Avenger ergonomically friendly.

Avenger Sub-ohm Tank Specs and Features:

Height: 51mm
Base Diameter: 25mm
Capacity: 2ml(TPD Edition)/3.2ml (Standard Edition, with a 4.7ml bubble glass tube)
Coil Type: X3-C1S 0.35ohm (40-80W, Pre-installed)
X3-Mesh 0.15ohm (40-90W)
3.2ml/2.0ml Large Juice Capacity (4.7 with bubble glass)
Powerful Subohm Tank with Various Coils
Innovative Pre-made Mesh Coil
Cotton + Wood pulp wicking material
Pure Flavor and Vapor Production
Convenient Top Filling Design
Adjustable Bottom Airflow Control
Unique Colorful 4.7ml Bubble Glass Tube
810 Wide Bore Drip Tip
Thread: 510 thread
Colours: Matte White, Matte Black, Matte Champagne, Resin, Blue, Mirror SS, Mirror Rainbow

Avenger Sub-Ohm Tank Overview

The Avenger tank uses the same X3 coils that are used with the Captain X3 tank, giving you a wide variety of options. The Tank has duel cyclops airflow with stopper and moves with a nice amount of resistance. The top of the tank has very aggressive texturing and has the appearance in my opinion of a crown, this texturing helps with grip when unscrewing the top to reveal 2 very generous filling slots. The Avenger tank comes fitted with a 810 metallic drip tip and you also get a 510 adaptor, the tank came pre-installed with a 4.7ml bubble glass, you also get a straight 3.2ml spare. Taking the tank apart is simple enough, top-cap and base unscrews and the glass can be pulled off the juice fill cap without too much difficulties. The coils screw straight into the base and putting the tank back together is a breeze. You get supplied with 2 different coils, the X3 C1S 0.35 which has a rating of between 40W - 90W and the X3 Mesh 0.15 coil rated at between 40W - 90W. The Mesh coil i haven't used with the Avenger has i bought some of these coils which i've been using in my X3, although i don't normally vape at high wattage i love these coils but you need to use them at the higher end of the recommended rating to get the best flavour, when you do the flavour is exceptional for a stock coil and seem to last forever. I used the X3 C1S coil with the Avenger at 60W and i found it gives decent flavour but not as good as the mesh, both coils use a mixture of wood pulp and cotton as the wicking material and IJoy intend to use this mixture in future coils. The airflow i had two thirds open which gave me a very smooth vape, i do prefer the Avenger to the Captain. The only issues i found was the metallic drip tip got quite warm when at 60W so i could imagine using the mesh coil it would be uncomfortable, not a massive issue as the drip tip is replaceable but a second drip tip included would of been better. The last thing is it's quite a noisy tank but not as bad as some and the smoothness of the vape and flavour you get in my opinion more than compensate for a bit of noise.

Avenger Mod Specs and Features:

Size: 89.8 x 50mm
Max wattage: 234W
Output mode: VW/VT(Ni/Ti/SS)/TCR Mode
Resistance range: 0.05 - 3.0ohm
Voice Control System: English
Battery type:
2x high-rate 20700 battery (continuous discharge current≥40A, Not included),
2x high-rate 18650 battery with adapter (continuous discharge current≥25A, Not included)
Innovative voice control system
Compatible with both 18650/20700 batteries
Adjustable RBG LED button light
No overhang with 30mm tanks
510 Thread
Colours: Matte Black, Matte Champagne Gold, Mirror Blue, Mirror Purple, Mirror Silver, Mirror Green, Mirror Rainbow

Using the Avenger

The batteries are fitted via the bottom battery door which is nice and sturdy securing in place very well, the device takes 20700 batteries or 18650 batteries with the supplied adaptor. The labelling of battery orientation is very poor as it's Black on Black on the battery door and no orientation inside the battery compartment. The device is the usual 5 clicks to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off and once on you are met by a nice uncluttered display with animated pulse that flows across the screen in random colours. Central at the top of the display we have the wattage which has the preheat setting (norm, hard, soft, or user) underneath. Below to the left of the screen we have the puffs, central we have the volts (temperature when in temp control) and to the right we have the resistance. The bottom of the display is the outline of a car with the wheels (split in 5 segments) used for battery status indication. The menu is very colourful and app like, to enter the menu is 3 clicks of the fire bar which brings up hexagons with options inside them, we have power, temp (this brings up NI, SS, TI, 2 different memory slots for TCR settings and exit), light (allows you to select different colours or random for the LED's, also allows you to select different modes that react to sounds and music and of course the option to turn off), preheat (norm, hard, soft or user, user is custom curve but is quite limited compared to custom curves on some other devices), TCR and finally settings (reset puff counter, set screen timeout which includes the LED's and turn voice control on or off). When in temp control pressing the left button causes the temperature unit to flash which allows you to now adjust temperature when the unit stops flashing you can now click the right button which now allows you to set wattage for temp control. Apart from going into details about the voice control which i will do in the next section that just about covers it, the menu flows nicely and is very aesthetically pleasing.

Voice control (Useful or Gimmick?)

I will answer the question first, and the answer without question is Gimmick and not useful at all but it's a start and no doubt in time we will have devices which operate great using voice control and if that's to come it needed to start somewhere then be improved. To turn the voice control on needs to be done in the settings section as already explained, when on you need the microphone symbol to be visible on the screen to be able to give commands this is done by clearly saying "hello iJoy" if no command is given for about 5 seconds the symbol disappears so you find yourself saying "hello iJoy" a lot. There are various commands that the device understands but need to be said exactly and clearly. I will go through just a few of the commands, "lock device" locks the device, "unlock device" unlocks the device, "shut down" doesn't actually turn the device off but puts it in standby, "light off" turns the LED's off, "turn on lights" turns the LED's on, "power high" increases the power by 10W, "power low" decreases the power by 10W and there are various commands to set LED modes. The problems are it doesn't always recognise the command, as mentioned it goes off after 5 seconds so you constantly have to say "hello iJoy", and you have to learn the commands as they have to be precise. For voice control to become useful the device needs to do what you want it to do, for example using the "power low" and "power high" increasing or decreasing the wattage by 10W is just a gimmick you need to be able to tell the device the exact wattage you want and then the device alters to that wattage for it to be useful.

Performance

There is the slightest of delay according to the charts but i can't detect it the power seems instant, and wattage seems accurate and i must say the fire bar is very nice and will fire when pressed anywhere apart from the bottom 15%. I have seen the charts and the Avenger is not massively under-powered topping the 200W mark, for temp control users i have to say unless you hear differently after a firmware upgrade stay clear, it doesn't really work. I used the Avenger with various tanks including at low wattage and the device kept nice and quiet. The Avenger will accommodate up to 30mm tanks without overhang, it supports on board charging and is fully firmware upgradeable.

Conclusion

A nice looking high powered device that's a lot of fun, avoid if you are a temp control user. The Avenger tank in my opinion is better than the Captain and the X3 range of coils are very good.

Looks good
Nice shape
Very clicky responsive fire bar
Secure battery door
Large colour screen
Ergonomic
High wattage
Curve (although limited)
Voice activation (fun)
Sound responsive LED's (fun)
Nice display
Nice App style menu
Avenger very good tank
Both coils very good (especially the mesh)
Firmware upgradeable

Dislikes

Poor Battery orientation
Temp control poor
Voice control not actually useful
Metallic drip tip gets very warm
Slight button rattle

I would once again like to thank Pearl from Cigabuy for supplying the Avenger Kit for the purpose of this review.

https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-i...ice-control-tc-kit-mirror-purple-p-12259.html

https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-i...rol-box-mod-matte-champagne-gold-p-12214.html

Back