IJOY Captain New Kit 6000mAh

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Captain New Kit 6000mAh from IJOY. The IJOY Captain New Kit 6000mAh was supplied for the purpose of this review by Micky from CLOUMIX.

IJOY CAPTAIN NEW KIT

Introduction

IJOY are possibly only outdone by Smok when it comes to sheer volume of products constantly being released (at least that's how it seems to me). This causes a tendency to Milk a product bringing out different variants of the same device. The Captain New Kit is the latest launch of the very popular Captain 234w device and comes with the Stylish Diamond subohm tank. Thankfully for me i didn't review any of the variants of the original Captain so this will not be a comparison review but looking at the Captain New Kit on it's own merits.

In the Box

Contents:

1x IJOY CAPTAIN NEW BOX MOD(234W)
2x 20700 Battery
1x 18650 Adaptor
1x DIAMOND SUBOHM TANK (5.5ml)
1x DM-Mesh Coil 0.15ohm (40-90W Pre-installed)
1x DM-DM Coil 0.15ohm (40-90W)
1x Replacement Glass Tube
1x 510 Drip Tip Adapter
1x Tool pack
1x USB Cable
2x Manual
1x Warranty Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Captain New Kit comes in standard cardboard packaging and the first thing i noticed was the chunky nature of the device which will allow for large tanks to be fitted. Despite it's chunky size and boxed appearance the edges have nice ergonomic curves so it's comfortable to hold and i like the position, shape and size of the fire button, some people might find the device too heavy for their liking but others will like that solid substantial feel. I received the White with Black Camouflage version which comes with a Black Diamond Tank, normally i list the other colour options but in total their are 22 so plenty of choice and far too many to list (i'm far too lazy). The front of the device has a vertical elongated rectangular Black panel central. This panel has "IJOY" printed at the top, underneath we have the 0.96 OLED screen housed, further down are the navigational buttons followed by the micro USB port at the bottom. The back of the device has the same shaped panel as the front in the same central position, this panel has a colourful design and "Captain PD270" printed. One side of the device is featureless the other has a large almost square fire button, the bottom of the Captain is the battery door which has printed branding and safety stamps. Moving to the top we have a spring loaded, Gold plated 510 placed to one side. The device is solid with no rattles and with all the colour options it would be hard not to find a few that are aesthetically pleasing.

Diamond Tank Specs and Features:

Diameter: 25mm
Height: 56.5mm
Capacity: 5.5ml(with 4ml regular glass tube)
Coil: DM-MESH Mesh coil
DM-DM diamond-like coil
Drip Tip: 810 resin drip tip
Powerful Subohm tank with stylish diamond design
5.5ml/ 4ml large capacity with 810 resin drip tip
180° Fast screw-cap filling & adjustable bottom airflow
All-new DM-MESH mesh coil & DM-DM diamond-like coil
Thread: 510
Colours: Gold, Green, Purple, Red, Blue, Gun metal, Rainbow, Stainless Steel, Black, White

Diamond Tank Overview

The Diamond Subohm Tank in my opinion is quite a looker, it's 25mm in diameter at the base but the diamond design texturing top and bottom adds some girth to the tank and also suits the bulge glass. The tank separates into it's various parts easy enough and is made up of the normal base, top and glass sections. The bulge glass gives the Diamond a capacity of 5.5ml and is iridescent which looks gorgeous when the light catches it. The Kit also includes a straight tinted 4ml glass but the iridescent glass in my opinion looks too nice not to use. The drip tip is an 810 with o-rings fitting so if you want to fit another 810 it needs to be one with o-rings. The drip tip is in 2 parts, the resin mouth section screws on to a silver base so i would imagine different resin sections will be available. The coils are 2 different types of mesh both are 0.15 with a rating of 40w to 90w. The airflow is dual cyclops with stopper which moves with nice resistance and finally the tank is top fill, a half turn and the top is off likewise just a half turn secures the top-cap onto the tank. The only slight issue i have is the drip tip is slightly loose, it doesn't come out during use put occasionally pops out when removing the top-cap.

Captain New 6000mAh Specs and Features:

Size: 48mm x 32mm x 89mm
Max Output Wattage: 234W
Display: 0.96-inch OLED
Output Mode: VW, VT(Ni/Ti/SS)/TCR Mode, User mode
Resistance Range: 0.05-3.0ohm
Battery: 2 x 20700 Cells (included)
Adaptor: 1 x 18650 Adaptor
Compact and Portable Design
Various Color Options
Bright and Large OLED Screen
No Overhang with 30mm Tanks
Dual 20700 Batteries Included with 234W Max Output
Compatible with Dual 18650 Batteries with Adaptor
NI/TI/SS Temperature Control and TCR Function
Unique Custom User Mode
USB Port Charging Support
Firmware Upgradable
Thread: 510
Colour: See Pics, Far too many to list

Fitting the Batteries

The batteries are fitted by the common bottom hatch door which you pull outwards and then up, i have no issues with the door it seems sturdy and durable and fastens very securely. I received the version that came with 2 20700 batteries but the Captain will also accommodate 2 18650's using the supplied adaptor. Battery orientation is labelled very poorly with no markings within the battery compartment and Black on Black tiny markings on the door itself.

Using the Captain

The Captain is the usual 5 clicks on and 5 clicks off and the only key press combination that i'm aware of is pressing the left and right buttons together locks the resistance. At the top of the screen we have the wattage that can be adjusted in the usual manner and to the right of this we have the 2 battery status bars. Underneath the wattage we have the resistance and the amps, then further down there is a large display of the volts. Lastly on the left side of the screen is the puff counter, moving to the right of the screen we have the mode you are in, preheat setting and seconds vaped. Yet another user friendly menu system with the Captain which to enter is 3 clicks of the fire button, navigation is easy just use the left/right buttons and fire to select. After 3 clicks you get a choice of options which are power, temp, TCR, Set and reset puff, reset puff allows you to do exactly that and set allows you to set screen timeout, you have the choice of 10s, 30s, 60s or 90s. Selecting power allows you to choose between norm, hard, soft and user, user is of course your custom curve and rather than a 10 seconds curve here we have a 6 seconds curve which is about right in my opinion as i personally would have a 5 seconds pull maximum when vaping so all good there. Selecting Temp brings up the 3 wire types, Ni, Ti and SS plus 2 memory slots, when selecting a wire type it takes you back to the main screen where wattage can be set as normal. Now where it did display volts it has changed to temperature, pressing the left button moves from wattage to the temp so you can set it. The final option in the menu is TCR which allows you to input your TCR settings. The device is very easy to use and although i don't use temp control the way the wattage and temp can be simply set on the main screen when in temp control is a big plus for temp control users.

My Experience Using the Captain New Kit

First thing to say is i don't vape in temp control or have the equipment to get data so i simply review a device based on a user experience. As for a top wattage of 234w as already mentioned i have no way of knowing but i would imagine 200W max will probably be more accurate. The Captain has no noticeable delay and despite not protruding the fire button is so easy to find. The fire button as very little travel but still is nice and clicky, i like it alot. The mesh coils that are included with the Diamond tank gave very good flavour as expected, mesh really does seem the way to go with stock coil subohm tanks. Both coils i used with the airflow only half open as the Diamond has plenty of air, the DM mesh coil i found best at 60W but if i opened up the airflow more the wattage needed to be upped to compensate to keep the same flavour. The DM DM coil i found best at only 50W but again although i didn't try probably need a higher wattage with more air. I also used the Captain with the Asmodus Nefarius and a couple of atty's i was testing including the Freemax Mesh Pro (see pics below), i have really enjoyed using the captain especially using the curve mode. The Captain will accommodate up to 32mm atty's without overhang and with 2 20700 batteries it has 6000mAh of battery life.

Very good build quality (mod and tank)
No rattles
Plenty of colour options
Diamond tank looks stunning with iridescent glass
Mesh coils loads of flavour
Easy menu system
Curves
Temp control (not tested)
Ergonomic
Fires instantly
Very nice fire button
32mm tanks without overhang
Good battery life
Solid battery door
Use 20700 or 18650 batteries
Firmware upgradeable

Dislikes

Very poorly marked battery orientation
510 would look better centred (in my opinion)
Quite heavy (some won't like)
Drip tip slightly loose
Only 810 drip tips with o-ring can be used

I would once again like to thank Micky from Cloumix for supplying the IJOY Captain New Kit for the purpose of this review.

IJOY CAPTAIN NEW KIT

Last edited:
Back