Rob Fisher

ECIGSSA Admin
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
FINES MASTER
LV

Awards
This is just a thread to discuss shipping options when importing vape gear...

Shipping from overseas…

China with the normal options they give you… this is a crap shoot and can take anywhere up to 2 months in some cases… this is fine for crap you don’t really care about and you just pay and forget.
Poo.png
China with courier options… also a bit of a crap shoot in my experience but fast in some cases but not all.
Poo.png
From anywhere in the world via normal or registered post is another crap shoot due to the South African Post office… the parcel will get to SA quickly and efficiently and then when it hits JHB it disappears into a heap of crap!
Poo.png
Then we have courier services and I will mention two of the ones I use…

DHL – Great tracking and quick around the world until it gets to DHL JHB… they NEVER contact you to ask for payment of Vat and documentation and only after you phone them and badger them do they catch a wake up and send you an invoice… you pay the invoice and they still cock around…. Don’t use DHL if you can avoid it.
Poo.png
FedEx – The only courier company to use on the planet in my opinion. Fast, efficient and proactive. They are on the ball and email me before the parcel has even arrived with the costs etc so when the parcel hits SA Soil there is no messing around and they deliver!

To summarise… open a MyUS account and never ever post anything to SA… send it to MyUS and then FedEx it to yourself.
fedex-plane.jpg

Ja I had the same sh1t from China...ordered in December and still waiting for it to arrive. They told me it hit customs on the 13th January :(
Ordered a Zamplebox, no one knows wtf that has gone too, so luckily Zample refunded me. Still no sign of the package I`ll bet it`s sitting in customs being used a doorstop.

How does Aramex compare?

Ja I had the same sh1t from China...ordered in December and still waiting for it to arrive. They told me it hit customs on the 13th January :(
Ordered a Zamplebox, no one knows wtf that has gone too, so luckily Zample refunded me. Still no sign of the package I`ll bet it`s sitting in customs being used a doorstop.

How does Aramex compare?

Not sure how Aramex does internationally but locally they are bloody useless!

Just one warning about MyUS… it’s very difficult to get away with undervaluing stuff to save on Vat because MyUS is very anal about valuations and will call for an invoice if they feel you are undervaluing…

Also they have a nappy rash with batteries… I have one parcel being held and investigated by them because a mod has an internal Lithium battery… will let you know how we go with that.

Fedex and DHL @Rob Fisher, EMS crap, USPS nono, Royal Mail ok, Italy Mail soso, SAPO.......then you must be a true believer.

I've had no crap with DHL. In the past 1.5 months I've received 5 shipments through them and only once was a shipment delayed but only for a day because "metal parts" confused a brain surgeon at customs so fried spares was given as an explanation & R 112 Taxes were paid on R 4000. The other 4 I was lucky to pay zip - touch wood. The longest took 5 days because it hit customs on a Friday. Now I try order on a Monday so it lands in customs on a Wednesday or latest Thursday.

I use to use fedex for shipping E-juice from Mt vapour baker. Then on the last shipment they refused saying that E-Juice cannot be sent to SA and they wont deliver. Had the goods sent to MYUS and sent via DHL with no issues. So for me DHL is all good. However today I received a parcel from FedEx. Morons mixed the packaging with the wrong waybill documents, so my Blackrose mod is sitting in Australia while I have someone elses Blackrose MOD.

I use to use fedex for shipping E-juice from Mt vapour baker. Then on the last shipment they refused saying that E-Juice cannot be sent to SA and they wont deliver. Had the goods sent to MYUS and sent via DHL with no issues. So for me DHL is all good. However today I received a parcel from FedEx. Morons mixed the packaging with the wrong waybill documents, so my Blackrose mod is sitting in Australia while I have someone elses Blackrose MOD.

Oh wow... that is a BUMMER! :-(

I know, but Damn this dude is trying his best to sort out with fedex and get my correct package to me asap. But in the meantime was playing around with this mod. Beautiful as they come.

@Petrus you mentioned Royal Mail is ok.
I just want to find out in past if everything has gone smooth? Im refering this to my parcel coming from vapetime with royal mail .

Have you used royal mail with them before and how was the experience?

My parcel landed in S.A today.

I just want to find out in past if everything has gone smooth? Im refering this to my parcel coming from vapetime with royal mail .

Royal Mail goes through post office @Clouds4Days ...my zapwrapz took the customary 6 weeks ...

@Clouds4Days, in the past no problems between Royal mail and Customs/Sapo.

On Gearbest try the priority mail option, i had some very good service with that, and reach our shores within a week

@Rob Fisher When I tried both Aramex and MyUS couple months back they refused vape gear or anything that is related to vaping or from a vape vendor. How do you go about it?

I chatted to a guy at PostBox Couriers based in JHB and they seem to be reasonable and have good reviews but have not tried them, anyone else here tried them out?

Chronopost France who use Dawn Wing (DPD) in SA have been the worst so far. They are unreasonable and charge more than DHL. They really don't care all that much. Their fees were as high as the taxes if I recall which brought their total to more than quarter of the value of the order so I told them to return to the sender, and next thing they removed some of the admin charges. I don't prefer DHL usually because it is expensive but these charges from Dawn Wing were just excessive.

USPS cheaper options don't have insurance and I have lost parcels but the expensive option has been pretty good 7-10 days as expected.

As per a documentary Hong Kong Airport handles 1/5th of the worlds air cargo so they have a fast moving system. I split orders sometimes for customs so I tested HK post vs China or Singapore or one of the others, and HK post gets here very much faster. Maybe just a coincidence I don't know. Both the HK post parcels which were large, well they had a couple small boxes in them, had zero customs charges, unusual because I always get the mandatory minimum R53 charge.

Overall, FEDEX is the boss, they have never disappointed!

Btw with regards to the e-juice, a vendor mentioned that they deal with specific people who understand their business so everything is classified correctly so it's accepted here as well. I don't know much about e-juice, I ordered from Praxis ages ago when I didn't know anything about this and when it arrived I noticed it had come in as "essential oils" health and beauty product.

@M5000 I have never had an issue with MyUS and Vape Gear... been using them for over a year... the only time they get tense is with batteries and internal lipo's... they always get thier local expert to check the shipment out which can lead to a few days delay... the delay doesn't really worry me because I wait till there is a big enough parcel and then I get them to send a few shipments on one box.

I actually have two lipo driven mods coming in the next shipment and they checked them and released them for shipment.

@M5000 I have never had an issue with MyUS and Vape Gear... been using them for over a year... the only time they get tense is with batteries and internal lipo's... they always get thier local expert to check the shipment out which can lead to a few days delay... the delay doesn't really worry me because I wait till there is a big enough parcel and then I get them to send a few shipments on one box.

I actually have two lipo driven mods coming in the next shipment and they checked them and released them for shipment.

Thank you @Rob Fisher I will try them again. I was literally going back and forth with Aramex and MyUS, in fact myUS didn't want to bring a mod door because it was vape related. Maybe I'll give it a shot in another family members name.

By the way have a look at this guy Postbox couriers, lots of local forums have great reviews and when i chatted with him they seem to have a good pricing structure and they cool with vape gear.

If only we could earn miles on these shipments!

Hi guys i have just ordered from fasttech a few days back, and they sent me an email saying that they need to change the shiping method because our customs are strict. So i just changed it, but i don't see how that will change anything as its just taking a different route via airmail. I know that our customs have a problem with e-liquid, but i havent ordered e-liquid or battery's. I haven't had any problems in the past, this is my fourth order from them, but i haven't ordered from them in over a year, i got my brother into vaping and gave him my spare evic and toptank cause his mod was spitting like a cobra on steroids ego a10 i think, so i ordered myself some spare mod and a squonk mod to see what thats like Along with a few attys, want to see if i can upgrade my goblin. Has anyone got any info about this from fasttech, has our customs changed rules on e-cigs or are they just clutching at staws.

Bought some goodies which were shipped via Singapore Post. It really is unbelievable how backward our postal system/customs works.
I placed my order on:
29/03/2017.
01/04/2017 - Vendor sent the package with couriers to the airport. 6 days after placing order. I was cool with that.
02/04/2017 - 06/04/2017 - Package sat at Shenzen, China for 4 days before departing for South Africa. I was cool with that too.
09/04/2017 - Package arrived in South Africa - 3 days later!!! I was impressed.
Then... just to find out that it's gna take another four weeks (at least) for our esteemed SAPO and customs to have their way with my package before I get to touch it. That is insane.
How is it even possible for a package to travel from China to South Africa in 10 days - TOTAL - but it takes four weeks for that same package to make it's way to me!?!?!?
That is truly ludicrous.
I'm sure the up coming Easter holidays are gna delay my package by another week at least. :giggle:

I agree with what you say @playa4life . My last two shipments from China took approximately 10 days to Jhb, and then stayed at customs for over four weeks. In fact the second shipment spent six weeks in Jhb. The problem is on our side not theirs.

Back