In Defence of Chinese Vaping Products

YeOldeOke

Elite Vaper
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
Believe it or not, this post is not inspired by the fact that we now sell Coilology coils. Coilology was decided upon by us based on their reputation, quality and value for money, not because of their wholesale price.

Neither is it inspired by our juices. None of our juices contain any Chinese sourced ingredients, they are European and USA sourced.

It is inspired by the fact that in my search the past few months for coils that I can live with the old 'Chinese products are crap' mantra reared it's familiar head once too often. Because I mention our products, I will post it in our forum and not the general forum.

The latest was about Chinese steel vs Sandvik. After some lengthy discussion about why the more perfect Swiss steel was so much better than the imperfect Chinese steel, someone kindly pointed out that if this was true, the Chinese steel should perform better in the flavour and clouds department precisely because of it's imperfections. The Swiss steel may last longer, but the coil costs 10+ times more, so where is the value?

In the line about Chinese crappy products, you will find me standing somewhere close to the front for sure. But this is for specific products, blanket statements are seldom universally true.

When it comes to vaping, I find a different story.

The e-cig originated in China, and maybe this gives them some pride in the development of their e-cig products, I don't know. What I do know is that I have - as have most of you - been vaping on Chinese-made equipment for more than a decade, and I have found very little to complain about.

My current mods were all made in China and have performed flawlessly for years, as are my RTA's and RDA's. All good products.

When I was living in Asia I vaped Chinese e-liquid. Pretty good in general. The most famous of all e-liquids, RY4, was designed and made there. Some of the largest - probably THE largest - e-liquid companies are there.

So when it comes to vaping products, gimme a break and let's tone down the superiority complex. Give credit where credit is due. We in the vaping community owe a lot of gratitude to the Chinese IMHO.

Handcrafted coils have their place in the market, and like any well-engineered handmade product will be considerably more expensive than their mass-produced counterpart. But denigrating Chinese made vaping products when 99% of the good quality vape products you use are made by them is poor form.

Last edited:
Thanks @YeOldeOke

I can vouch for the good Chinese branded vape hardware

I have several mods that have lasted for YEARS without a sausage of a problem.
For example,
  • my trusty Evic VTC Mini (about 6 yrs)
  • my trusty Eleaf iStick 20 (also about 6 yrs, I actually bought another one, waiting for this one to die, lol, it's still going)
  • my Sigelei 100+ - my gosh its been about 6 years now.
A relative newcomer in my stable is the Vaporesso Gen (about 2yrs or so) but its going perfectly so far.

I also have several Chinese tanks that are also workhorses in daily use (eg KangerTech Subtank Mini and Evod)

The authentic Chinese hardware I've tried has mostly been very good for me.

Haven't tried Chinese liquids though. Don't know if any of the liquids I vape have Chinese ingredients. But if they do, I have no complaints on my regular juices.

Apart from the fact that it was the Chinese that brought vaping to the world in the first place, if it wasn't for them manufacturing these products at such good prices, most of us worldwide would still be sucking at the tit of big tobacco because vaping would be just too expensive for most of us.

How many lives were changed and saved by their efforts? The fact that it was motivated by economic gain and not altruism is irrelevant. We really ought to respect their leading contribution a lot more than we do.

I just bought the QP Juggerknot MR, manufactured in China, I am extremely impressed by the quality and performance, and that is where China comes through, they cover as many prices points as possible.

Interesting topic. Yes sure I agree I'd still like to find a mod or atty or commercial coils manufactured cheap and in mass in Australia or South Africa. It doesn't exist! Without the cheap Chinese vaping gear manufacturers the vaping industry as we know it wouldn't exist. So a blanket statement as all Chinese manufactured vaping gear as rubbish would be extremely foolish and ignorant.

I'm a consumer and I make decisions with whom and where I spend my money. As we all do. So if somebody carves out a small niche market with exceptional quality and high prices that's on them. I don't have a problem with that. I vape because it's cheaper and healthier than smoking. Not because it's trendy or it's the latest fashion accessory exclusive few to spend ridiculous amounts on limited amount exclusive stuff. Go for it I don't care it's your money you can do with it whatever you want. That's your free choice. As it is for the vendor or manufacturer as well. But bagging anything or anybody for not doing that? Wow. Last time I checked we can all decide and spend our money where we want. For whatever we want. That's the beauty of being a free market consumer. Even buying from overseas vape vendors if we so desire.

There are good and bad manufacturers everywhere. My problem are with clones, specifically with bad quality clones sold as original. But that's a completely different topic. As is fake vaccine, fake medicine and fake baby formula. To name a few. Again slumping all Chinese manufacturers into one generalised category would be foolish and ignorant. BTW it doesn't just happen in China only any way. The Chinese consumers themselves would probably feel exactly the same way as we feel about these life threatening products being fake as we all feel about it worldwide.

And the same with vape vendors screwing customers with exceptional high prices and poor customer service as well. Just as in China there are dodgy vape vendors in SA as there are in AU. People have a choice not to buy from them. Or not to support them in any way. Basically there are good and bad everywhere it just depends on how you look at it. Isolating one geographic group specifically is unfair and detrimental to all in that specific group as a whole. Well that's my opinion anyway.

Last edited:
Back