In Search of the Stinkie Conversion Device!

Damn, this is disappointing.

Planned on getting my aunt an iCare Mini for Xmas to try help her stop smoking but seems as if that won't work.
She has tried some of the Twisp vapes previously but did not like them.

Following to see what else is available! :D

Damn, this is disappointing.

Planned on getting my aunt an iCare Mini for Xmas to try help her stop smoking but seems as if that won't work.
She has tried some of the Twisp vapes previously but did not like them.

Following to see what else is available! :D

@PsyCLown the new Twisps are a different kettle of fish... both the Clearo 2 and the ION don't leak... don't put juice in your mouth and are a lot better than the previous versions...

Great thread you guys have here. I love dl vaping but sometimes i think i love MTL high nic more.

Winner winner thread @Rob Fisher

This is going to be brilliant

I too need a great MTL suggestion for new vapers.

My mom is looking for a fourth MTL device - and she wants something easy with commercial coils that will give her a good vape while browsing the computer. I still think the best MTL vape is a Reo/RM2 but that requires rebuilding, rewicking and overseas ordering - and its not cheap.

I have also bought a few devices the past few days on this quest so I will contribute my findings over time.

iCare
I couldnt resist setting it up on Sunday. My word it is small! Its so cute!. Got it from HOV at their opening. First impression is that I am not happy. Its not tight enough even when you close down the airflow control fully - and I am getting juice in the mouth quite a bit. Am using a 50/50 14mg Strawberry menthol mix in there. It has some potential but my first impression was not that good. Maybe I wet the coil too much before setting it up. I tried to follow the instruction leaflet.

Nautilus X
Oh crap, my glass is broken in the package. Not sure if its because I dropped it while leaving the VK opening or if it was cracked before - but will have to sort that out. @Stroodlepuff I will be messaging you when I get some time. Lol
I have high hopes for this tank though.

Ego Aio D22
This was advised versus the thinner "normal" Aio because its airflow is more "controllable". Am holding thumbs because I like the look of this and its available at a lot of places. My mom quite likes it too. Got it from Vape Cartel at their shop opening on Saturday.

@Silver please let me know how the nautilus X is once you get it sorted

In all honesty, I have been thinking all along that the twisps would win... Since the main criteria for me would be 1) MTL 2) Ease of use 3) Form factor 4) availability of coils/juice/advice.
The twisp guys have done a lot of research, their juices are tasty and the fact that you can easily walk up to a kiosk and ask a question or taste a new flavor before you buy was a big plus for me in the beginning. (I knew no vapers so I became big buddies with the twisp kiosk people cause I like asking questions)
My only concern is that they are pricey (understandably) and after a while, it just isn't as satisfying anymore and I started to crave bigger clouds and juice variety (don't know about their current juice line but they had no creamy or bakery juices when I was still using twisp liquids)
But... At that stage you move on. I have been singing the praises of my AIO D22 XL and AIO Pro but I have just ordered a SM22 and pico mod... After I swore that I would NEVER get a "box" because they are "ugly as sin"... It's natural to move on eventually

I still love my old clearo. I normally vape 0mg but in the clearo I can get away with 3 or 6 mg. Only problem is that most juices are designed for dtl sub ohm devices so are a bit muted on clearos. What clearo style juices do you guys recommend other than Twisp obviously.

I still rate the ego aio and D22 and the Wismec motiv are the best MTL vapes and the evod for beginners and rate they over any twisp product. All the twisps I know of and ppl have used leak.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@Rob Fisher you are such a damn enabler:-D

I have been using my twisp today after cleaning it out last night, lol.

Forgot about the fantastic juice consumption.

MTL high nic is actually fun after all this time.

Don't wanna see this thread die! I revived my clearos and really enjoying them. I normally vape 0 nic but find I can enjoy a low nic vape (3 to 6 mg) in these. Only problem is that most 3 to 6 mg juices are high VG designed for sub ohm tanks etc.

So again, guys, any recomendations on clearo friendly juices :) ??
Twisp juices obviously but they're pricey.

Don't wanna see this thread die! I revived my clearos and really enjoying them. I normally vape 0 nic but find I can enjoy a low nic vape (3 to 6 mg) in these. Only problem is that most 3 to 6 mg juices are high VG designed for sub ohm tanks etc.

Vapour Mountain @Duffie12 , Vapour Mountain!
Their premium line (their original juices) are generally 50/50 and work well in these types of devices.
You can also get them in 18mg and dilute them down with PG/VG so they go further.
They have quite a lot of flavour so diluting them down isnt much of a problem

As Hi Ho @Silver says... VM 50/50! Tropical Ice is great in the Clearo 2!

Been waiting for VM to release their sample packs but I'm beginning to loose this staring contest...
I just find I like about 10% of the juices I try so prefer to sample first (e.g. I was so dissappointed I didn't like Paule's Pistacchio Ice Cream...)

Been waiting for VM to release their sample packs but I'm beginning to loose this staring contest...
I just find I like about 10% of the juices I try so prefer to sample first (e.g. I was so dissappointed I didn't like Paule's Pistacchio Ice Cream...)

What flavour profiles do you like @Duffie12 - maybe i can advise you
And i am reasonably confident Vapour Mountainn can make you some 10ml bottle sizes so you can try them out more cost effectively

What flavour profiles do you like @Duffie12 - maybe i can advise you
And i am reasonably confident Vapour Mountainn can make you some 10ml bottle sizes so you can try them out more cost effectively

MY two favourites right now are Hazeworks Sunset (Tropical Fruity - light menthol/koolada) and Hazeworks Sartup (Lemon Biscuit). It is strange, I enjoy the lemon in Startup but in another lemonade flavour it tasted like sunlight liquid.

Oh, and I really enjoyed the Twisp cherry flavour. Need to find me some more simple single fruit flavours.

Last edited:
MY two favourites right now are Hazeworks Sunset (Tropical Fruity - light menthol/koolada) and Hazeworks Sartup (Lemon Biscuit). It is strange, I enjoy the lemon in Startup but in another lemonade flavour it tasted like sunlight liquid.

Oh, and I really enjoyed the Twisp cherry flavour. Need to find me some more simple single fruit flavours.

I know Sunset @Duffie12
Nothing very similar in the VM lineup
But maybe give XXX a try. Its not a strong menthol at all. I reviewed it here

I think they stopped doing the sample packs actually. :( But I do stand to be corrected.

I think they stopped doing the sample packs actually. :( But I do stand to be corrected.

Lets ask Oupa in his subforum...

Not sure where the subforum is, but you will like VM Peach Rooibos. There are 2 versions, I enjoyed the stronger peach juice. Their liquids are 50/50, so wicking should be fine.

Awesome thread, was going to post some feedback on the Clearo 2 as I recently got one for the wife and was extremely impressed with the quality, flavour and price point. Since the original Clearo she's had the Aero/Edge which were real disappointments.

The original Clearo was an excellent device and got me off stinkies with ease around 2 years back.

The new Clearo 2 is a winner, flavour and throat hit with 18mg twisp liquids is on point and will satisfy cravings with just a few hits. The first coil lasted 2 weeks easily, put about 5 different twisp liquids and mixes through it and I used it quite a bit as well. Will have to see how the replacement coils work out but so far so good.

Awesome thread, was going to post some feedback on the Clearo 2 as I recently got one for the wife and was extremely impressed with the quality, flavour and price point. Since the original Clearo she's had the Aero/Edge which were real disappointments.

The original Clearo was an excellent device and got me off stinkies with ease around 2 years back.

The new Clearo 2 is a winner, flavour and throat hit with 18mg twisp liquids is on point and will satisfy cravings with just a few hits. The first coil lasted 2 weeks easily, put about 5 different twisp liquids and mixes through it and I used it quite a bit as well. Will have to see how the replacement coils work out but so far so good.

Great feedback @LFC , thanks
Was wondering if they are on sale already
I think I would like to get one just to have the successor of the device that got me off stinkies!

Tell me @LFC - did they fix the issue with the press fit drip tip?
Does the drip tip have an o-ring at the base of it?

@Rob Fisher what's the difference between the Clearo 2 and the ion ?

@daniel craig
Looks like the Ion is a slightly more powerful device aimed at more performance.
It has a 900mah battery versus 650mah on Clearo2
Also has airflow control
1 ohm heads instead of 1.6 ohm.

Check out the two links here:
http://www.twisp.co.za/shop/electronic-cigarette-starter-packs/twisp-clearo-2-silver-650-mah/
http://www.twisp.co.za/shop/electronic-cigarette-starter-packs/twisp-ion-silver-900-mah/

Back