Inception Coil.

Wow @devdev
That is amazing. At this rate you are going to be getting the master coil builder medal soon ;-)

Seriously, those are very very good photos. Easily one of the best ive ever seen. What camera you using if i may ask.

@TylerD I see devdev beat me to however see below and didn't use the pipe as rip suggested.
Saturday morning ritual to build ;)uploadfromtaptalk1396080408291.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396080430635.jpg

sent from my reonautical cloud machine

Give the man a medal!! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Thanks guys - a few comments. This thing hits pretty hard, and very hot compared to a normal 1.8 Ohm job.

I have not had that much experience with drippers, but this is very intense and even by regular coils the flavour is very strong. So yes there is a big difference.

What I would seek to change in the current design, is using a thicker needle for the micro coil (I used yellow as did Rip, but I will go with the pink needle next time) and less wraps on the inner coil.

Also interested to try @Zegee's method of finishing with the legs on different ends. What did you use to form the macro coil Zegee? I think the 3mm pipe is a little too large, so want to find something in the 2mm, 2.5mm range. Getting the legs in place using Rip's method was a real ball ache.

I also think I need to work on my wicking a bit. I landed up packing in a little too much cotton I think.

I used my iPhone to take these pics - with an attachment called an Olloclip, which has a 15x macro attachment, and an app called Camera +. The app allows you to set different focus and exposure points.

I should probably mention that I have been shooting for just under ten years, and most of my weekends are spent with DSLR in hand, fiddling with studio lights and chasing models around, which definitely helps when it is time to shoot something like a coil. Coils don't move around as much, moan about looking fat, complain that they are hungry, or expect you to make their boobs bigger in photoshop.

My next coil endeavor will be the Clapton coil, as per Rip. I have been fiddling with the idea for a while now, but only watched Rips video last night, and need to get some guitar strings for it. Will see what I can find on my excursions later today

Back