Introduce Yourselves:

Hi everyone!

So pleased to find such a great spot online for all things vape related. I'm completely new to vaping, having decided just yesterday to stop smoking cigarettes. Today is the first day in 10 years I haven't bought a box of smokes - I'm hoping it stays that way and i'm sure that being here will be a huge help!

Looking forward to being smoke-free and learning more!

Hi everyone!

So pleased to find such a great spot online for all things vape related. I'm completely new to vaping, having decided just yesterday to stop smoking cigarettes. Today is the first day in 10 years I haven't bought a box of smokes - I'm hoping it stays that way and i'm sure that being here will be a huge help!

Most Welcome @Lilu :)

You'll find this forum to be a one stop shop for all things regarding vaping!

Congrats on seeing through the day without a single stinkie. Wishing you all the best and don't be afraid to post if you need any help :D

Welcome to the forum to all the new members!

I can only echo the sentiments of the others that already posted - this forum is a fun place and a great resource. Enjoy your stay.

Hi everyone!

Most welcome. Congrats on that decision. Please shout if you have any questions. Happy vaping.

Hi everyone. My name is Mark. I have been a vaper for almost 3 years now. Kicked analogs out the day I started vaping and have never looked back. The main reasons were, to not smoke around my daughter and, it looked like more fun than having to go outside and smoke,

Hey All.

6 months into Vaping
Been vaping: Vape Elixir, Five Pawns and Suicide Bunny.
Started with a Twisp (Kicked it one month later)
Then moved onto a Kanger V2 and Kangertech EVOD VV battery (For sale)
Now I have a Kanger Mega with Vision Spinner 2

And still having fun.

Hello all!

I'm Michael, I am a non-smoker that vapes. I like electronics (engineer, go figure) and this seemed more palatable than smoking but I needed something to calm my nerves. Nicotine it was!

So my vaping journey started with not so cheap disposables then onto fasttech (sorry local vendors! I shall use you as soon as my cash flow allows!) with a mini protank 3, 5 spare coils, 70 ml fluid (12mg - 24mg) and an el-cheapo VV battery (3.3V - 4.8V) which worked well! Until of course I ran out of liquid and coils...

So order 2 has been placed! iStick, nautilus mini, 5 spare protank coils, 5 spare BVCs, 220ml fluid 18-24mg (I like it strong!) that should last me awhile I hope...

Now if all these things could arrive...I was cursed by SAPO it seems. Need a replacement part for a 3d printer which happened to be sent through royal mail and now the vape mail is all being held up! Slowtech is not the slowest thing around. SAPO had to show them who's boss!

Hi all,

I bought a starter kit from a colleague towards the end of October this year and have not smoked a cigarette since. I was only about a 15-a-day smoker though, so I'm sure that made it much easier for me than for others who did the immediate switch. I did have a really good Cuban (Cohiba) after the birth of my first child around mid-November, but haven't experienced any cravings. Guess it's straight up nicotine addiction for me then :-D.

The starter kit included an EVOD BCC, a Twisp atomizer and an iTazte VV. He also kindly got me some different juices to try out at first. These included some of VM's, a Liqua and two Totally Wicked Red Label juices. I have subsequently purchased an Aspire Nautilus Mini, which is amazing, and I've placed my first order with Vapour Mountain for a few 10ml sample juices, just to explore a few different tastes. Silver's excellent reviews were a guiding factor in my choices. I currently have Colins's Cherry 12mg in the Mini (from the iVape kiosk in Westwood mall to tide me over until my order arrives). I have been an anonymous reader of this forum over the last few weeks and am astounded by the knowledge/information one can find here.

I am really glad to have found this local community, it's my VapePedia, and am most fortunate to have a vaping mentor, who is so willing and enthusiastic to assist and support a noob such as myself, as a colleague.

With all the media surrounding the topic of vaping, I had to register here to, in some small way, add my name to the growing list of those counted as vapers.

Hi there fellow vapers... I'm Shazzi Lynn... Been vaping for 4 years this October :cool: Kicked a 30 a day habit and have never looked back :rock:

Well Howdie doo people. Been Vaping for about a year, went from Ego's, to VAMO, to Nemesis and Manzer Mechs...now i plan on conquering the Box Modz domain! glad there is a RSA Forum...Shout out from East London!

Hi All,

Glad I found this forum! Been vaping for a little over 3 months already and am loving every second of it! So much better than normal smokes and I'm feeling much better because of it! I hope to be a regular contributor to this forum as I'm passionate about vaping and it's potential!

Hi . Been vaping For 4 months now . I smoked one cigarette since then but , the taste and throat hit was just not as good as the vaping gives .

So will stick to my ecig and can sit at my desk in office and vape

Hi everyone!

Welcome to all the new members :D Hope you all have a great time here with us on the forum
Congrats to you all for kicking the stinkie habit and making the healthier switch, enjoy the journey and lock up your wallets hahaha
Cash seem to run out quickly when it comes to vaping :giggle:

Vape strong and Rock Hard :rock:

Hi . Been vaping For 4 months now . I smoked one cigarette since then but , the taste and throat hit was just not as good as the vaping gives .

So will stick to my ecig and can sit at my desk in office and vape
hello and welcome @Vorador
well done on the 4 months stinkie free. Its quite the achievement.
All of the best going forward

Hi! I am I am working in pilot plant design (chemical) and switched to vaping 18 months ago . I smaoked some cigarettes since but they cannot compete with vaping and maybe the first drag tastes like good memories latest the third is only disgust.
Started with a Protank II which I lost, then a Protank Mini II, which I lost (I know, I know...), then a TWISP which surprised me positivly except for being overpriced and now a Protank Mini III on a Vision Spinner II. I used pure PG 3,6 and1,5 ohm coils.

Don't know if this is ther right place but whatever I need something else in hardware as my setup now is far from what I want. The Protank is likely to leak and whilst vaping too often releases liquid which I want to vape and not to drink.
The setup is plain ugly and unesthetic.
I have no time to search to the incredible masses of possibilities one more praised then the other so maybe somebody will lend a helping hand here:
The whole setup should be shorter then a TWISP with a 1100MA batterie, it can be considerable thicker though, no problem as long the it is one size allover, a straight tube. 1200mA batterie, a so called "mechanical" might be best for me.
I am not going to wind coils myself so the vaporizer should have replaceable coils which are available and stay available for the time being. Locally available.
Vaporizer only with real glass, no plastic and it must produce serious hits and three or four in row, not only one and then going downhill.

As mentioned before I tend to loose this stuff somehow, this cannot be changed, so the setup must be prized with this in mind, not ultracheap but also not far out. I would have to buy two anyways, say I buy a second as soon I know for sure that thats the real McCoy.
Must be available locally in SA better would be in Joburg directly.
I am waiting for too much items from abroad already since months, no thanks, not anymore, only Courier and thats out of relation.
Thought at about R800 for one unit with replacement coils, would take a well groomed used ones too so it fits my needs.

Thanks, and sorry for stomping in and demanding spoonfeeding of this kind, it is just to much to read here...

/P

Last edited:
Hi! I am I am working in pilot plant design (chemical) and switched to vaping 18 months ago . I smaoked some cigarettes since but they cannot compete with vaping and maybe the first drag tastes like good memories latest the third is only disgust.
Started with a Protank II which I lost, then a Protank Mini II, which I lost (I know, I know...), then a TWISP which surprised me positivly except for being overpriced and now a Protank Mini III on a Vision Spinner II. I used pure PG 3,6 and1,5 ohm coils.

Don't know if this is ther right place but whatever I need something else in hardware as my setup now is far from what I want. The Protank is likely to leak and whilst vaping too often releases liquid which I want to vape and not to drink.
I have no time to search to the incredible masses of possibilities one more praised then the other so maybe somebody will lend a helping hand here:
The whole setup should be shorter then a TWISP with a 1100MA batterie, it can be considerable thicker though, no problem as long the it is one size allover, a straight tube. 1200mA batterie, a so called "mechanical" might be best for me.
I am not going to wind coils myself so the vaporizer should have replaceable coils which are available and stay available for the time being. Locally available.
Vaporizer only with real glass, no plastic and it must produce serious hits and three or four in row, not only one and then going downhill.

As mentioned before I tend to loose this stuff somehow, this cannot be changed, so the setup must be prized with this in mind, not ultracheap but also not far out. I would have to buy two anyways, say I buy a second as soon I know for sure that thats the real McCoy.
I am waiting for too much items from abroad already since months, no thanks, not anymore, only Courier and thats out of relation.
Thought at about R800 for one unit with replacement coils, would take a well groomed used ones too so it fits my needs.

Thanks, and sorry for stomping in and demanding spoonfeeding of this kind, it is just to much to read here...

/P
Most welcome to the forum. Here are your 2 choices from my side. Chosen that vendor (Pretoria) cause he has both in stock:
  1. iStick - http://eciggies.co.za/New_Stuff/iSTICK-VV-20Watt-MOD with Mini Aspire Nautilus - http://eciggies.co.za/Dual-Coil-Clearomizers/Original-MINI-Aspire-Nautilus-BVC-MINI and spare BVC coils - http://eciggies.co.za/Aspire-Nautilus-BVC-Coils-Mini-AND-Mega-X5-PACK OR
  2. eGrip - http://eciggies.co.za/New_Stuff/JoyeTech-eGrip-20Watt-MOD-BLACK and spare coils - http://eciggies.co.za/New_Stuff/JoyeTech-eGrip-COILS-X5Pack
Happy vaping.

Last edited:

/P

First off, welcome to the forums :rock:

As for recommendations, you will probably have better feedback by posting this question in the General Vaporiser Talk section.

If you are in JHB (Fourways) you can always pop into Vape King, and they can help you in store with advice and recommendations.

Edit: The devices recommended by @Andre are spot on too :)

Last edited:
Hi all,

I bought a starter kit from a colleague towards the end of October this year and have not smoked a cigarette since. I was only about a 15-a-day smoker though, so I'm sure that made it much easier for me than for others who did the immediate switch. I did have a really good Cuban (Cohiba) after the birth of my first child around mid-November, but haven't experienced any cravings. Guess it's straight up nicotine addiction for me then :-D.

The starter kit included an EVOD BCC, a Twisp atomizer and an iTazte VV. He also kindly got me some different juices to try out at first. These included some of VM's, a Liqua and two Totally Wicked Red Label juices. I have subsequently purchased an Aspire Nautilus Mini, which is amazing, and I've placed my first order with Vapour Mountain for a few 10ml sample juices, just to explore a few different tastes. Silver's excellent reviews were a guiding factor in my choices. I currently have Colins's Cherry 12mg in the Mini (from the iVape kiosk in Westwood mall to tide me over until my order arrives). I have been an anonymous reader of this forum over the last few weeks and am astounded by the knowledge/information one can find here.

I am really glad to have found this local community, it's my VapePedia, and am most fortunate to have a vaping mentor, who is so willing and enthusiastic to assist and support a noob such as myself, as a colleague.

With all the media surrounding the topic of vaping, I had to register here to, in some small way, add my name to the growing list of those counted as vapers.

Welcome @Oren
Congrats on stopping the stinkies and the birth of your child
Am honoured to discover my reviews helped you, just shout if you have any questions
All the best and enjoy the forum!

Yay I finally joined. The vape meet on Saturday was really an awesome learning experience as well as alot fun, especially watching the competitions . The Admin rock ;-) K

Warm welcome @Pet!
Lol, the name is great.

Hi everyone!

Welcome @Lilu
Wishing you all the best for your vaping journey!
Just shout if you have questions

/P

Welcome @sovielenamen
Lol, stomping and demanding to be spoonfed, not to worry. We are here to help. I found myself nodding at your comments.

I agree with both of @Andre's options.

IStick and mini Aspire Nautilus. Great combination. I have it myself. The Nautilus mini is a great flavour producer. Only 2ml of juice and its quite thirsty, but well worth it in my opinion. Make sure you get the BVC coils for it. The iStick is a little powerhouse of note. Very cute. If anything, i find it a bit small but a super power source

The eGrip is great. I dont have one but had a good 10 minutes with it at the JHB vape meet and vaped on it a few times. Very small but very comfortable in the hand. Solidly built. Vape is great. Quite heavy. Perfect travel companion in my view.

Just dont lose them!

All the best

Last edited:
Welcome to all the new ppl :) this place is epic for everything vape and fun :hi:

Hi guys, my name is Charl.

Currently at University studying forensics, started to vape about a year ago to get off cigs and all the hookah sessions.
Been vaping with a Twisp when out and about, and when chilling, I have a Paragon mod woth a PlumeVeil and Tobh.

Been really enjoying vaping and I hope I can help others as well :)

Welcome to the forum @SpaceRot
Nice gear you have there. Please do not hesitate to share your experiences with us. Enjoy!

Welcome @SpaceRot ... you seem to be a veteran vaper already :)

Enjoy the forum, everyone here is very nice and we're looking forward to learning from your experience, and maybe even teaching you a thing or too along the way ;):D

Thanks guys, just quick question, do I have to post a certain amount of posts somewhere ex. "Newb's corner" before I can post somewhere else?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks guys, just quick question, do I have to post a certain amount of posts somewhere ex. "Newb's corner" before I can post somewhere else?

Thanks in advance.
Hi @SpaceRot

Nope, once you've introduced yourself, you welcome to post anywhere on the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks in advance.

No you do not. You are more than welcome to post where ever you like.

Hi guys, my name is Charl.

Currently at University studying forensics, started to vape about a year ago to get off cigs and all the hookah sessions.
Been vaping with a Twisp when out and about, and when chilling, I have a Paragon mod woth a PlumeVeil and Tobh.

Been really enjoying vaping and I hope I can help others as well :)

Welcome @SpaceRot
Congrats on switching to vaping
Wishing you a pleasant stay on the forum. Enjoy.
We have a great place here ;-)

Back