Introduce Yourselves:

Hello guys, newbie to vaping, one month and no cigarettes. Got myself a kangertech starter and cant stop vaping.

Welcome @Preshen86
Congrats on the 1 month of no cigarettes! Great achievement
Enjoy your stay. We have a great place here

Hey everyone, just wanted to intro myself. I'm Mujahid, known as MJ (or Emjay) and I've been vaping for about 2 or 3 months now, lost track. Started on a cheap e-pen, and now I'm on an X-Cube 2 with the TFV4 tank, showing 0.15 ohms. I certainly feel healthier after being off of the cigs, that's for sure
8fd79fd6142201d4df58063a1ec8f9ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome @Emjay
Wicked setup and very colourful mod!
Great to have members from abroad.
Enjoy the forum.

Hey everyone, just wanted to intro myself. I'm Mujahid, known as MJ (or Emjay) and I've been vaping for about 2 or 3 months now, lost track. Started on a cheap e-pen, and now I'm on an X-Cube 2 with the TFV4 tank, showing 0.15 ohms. I certainly feel healthier after being off of the cigs, that's for sure

Welcome @Emjay

Congrats on making the switch to vaping. From a simple pen device to a 160w TC box mod in no time, looks like you know what you're after :)

Haha, yeah I went from ePen, to Nautilus Mini and iStick 30w, to the 2 setups I have now: a Pro M80 Plus with a VCT Pro, and my Xcube 2 with TFV4. And just for the evening, my little Velocity RDA :)

hey yall! just got into Vaping about 3months ago with a Joyetec Evic vt (Orange) and then it died and went Mechanical with my Cherry bomber and bullet RDA! best choice EVER!!!!!!!

Keen to meet some Vapers at the apparent meet and greet 5th of September Sandton News Cafe? :D

Lawry

hey yall! just got into Vaping about 3months ago with a Joyetec Evic vt (Orange) and then it died and went Mechanical with my Cherry bomber and bullet RDA! best choice EVER!!!!!!!

Keen to meet some Vapers at the apparent meet and greet 5th of September Sandton News Cafe? :D

Lawry
Howzit @Lawrence Theart :)

Glad to have you here but sad to hear about the demise of your VT. Vape Meets are awesome, swing by and check it out. Check this thread out, the first post has a RSVP button (only on a PC web browser) to add your name to the list.

Enjoy the forum :D

Lawry

Welcome to the forum @Lawrence Theart
Congrats on the 3 months of vaping
Enjoy your stay here and you are most welcome to join us at the VapeMeet on the 5th ;-)

@Emjay love the skin!

Hi guys. New vaper here and thought I would join the forum, say hello and use the collective knowledge from the community. Quit smoking a while ago and have loved the vaping. Just got myself an Ileaf Istick 40W along with a nautilus mini tank. Really enjoying getting the true tastes from some of the quality juice out there.

Hi guys. New vaper here and thought I would join the forum, say hello and use the collective knowledge from the community. Quit smoking a while ago and have loved the vaping. Just got myself an Ileaf Istick 40W along with a nautilus mini tank. Really enjoying getting the true tastes from some of the quality juice out there.

Welcome to the forum @MJ INC
Congrats on quitting smoking. That's super!
We certainly have a great bunch of knowledgeable vapers here so I am sure you will find it useful - and entertaining. Feel free to ask questions.

PS - iStick and Nautilus Mini is a great mouth to lung combination !

Welcome to the forum @MJ INC
Congrats on quitting smoking. That's super!
We certainly have a great bunch of knowledgeable vapers here so I am sure you will find it useful - and entertaining. Feel free to ask questions.

PS - iStick and Nautilus Mini is a great mouth to lung combination !
Thanks so much for the welcome. I actually did have a question but not sure if this is the place or I should start a thread. Just looking for some advice on settings on my Istick 40W to get the best out of it?

Thanks so much for the welcome. I actually did have a question but not sure if this is the place or I should start a thread. Just looking for some advice on settings on my Istick 40W to get the best out of it?

Sure no prob
I actually just have the old iStick 20W (not temperature controlled) and I use it on my Nautilus Mini with the normal 1.8 ohm BVC coils. I find that for most juices it works best at around the 10 Watt mark. Sometimes I take it down to about 8.5 Watts and sometimes up to about 11 Watts. But around 10 Watts seems to get the best out of most of the flavours. I generally use 50/50 juices in my Nautilus Mini (not too thin or too thick) and I get about 20ml of juice on a coil before I can tell the flavour has dropped off.

Are you using the temperature controlled coils (nickel or Ti) for the Nautilus Mini? Not even sure if those are available - but if so, then perhaps someone else can advise because I have not tried temp control yet.

If you using the "normal Nautilus mini coils" then I would say that normal power mode and around 10 watts should work fine.

Also, what juices are you running with? If the juice is very thick the Nautilus Mini may struggle a bit with wicking. I have used thicker juices and have not had much of a problem but I have heard others have had issues with very thick juices (i.e. 80% VG and above)

Afternoon guys, jus saying hello, new to the whole Vaping/E.Cig world, been of the smokes for a week now, reading through the forum looks like a made a rookie mistake straight of the bat and bought a twisp :hit:.... But hey its working so far, although i am having huge issues with the horrible bitter taste in my mouth, if someone can direct me to a link that deals with this issue i would apprecite it.

Well I'm new here. Last year on 27 May I bought a Twisp dual pack and went cold turkey on cigarettes. I had been smoking at least a pack per day, if I ended up at a bar at night it could be three or four packs. It took about six months for me to move on to an MVP 2.0 and Nautilus Mini, which is when I also started trying out the premium imported brands. There were two that I really liked but for the most part I wasted far too much money on these juices.

About two months later I moved to the Atlantis and Smok XPro BT50, which I've been using since. I also tried the Kayfun v4, but it's just too inconvenient for me so I quickly moved back to the Atlantis. I have not touched a cigarette since the afternoon of 27 May 2014 and would rather chew glass than smoke again.

Hi guys,

semi-new to all this.

Started with a TWISP, got an ESAM-T battery with a Kangertech F-MOW atomizer. That broke recently so I decided to do it properly (well sort of) and get a CF mod and a Subtank Mini.

With my CF mod I chose an LG 3200mAh 3.7v battery. I am looking to buy another battery as a spare, can anyone recommend anything better for my CF mod?

Only got my new gear today so looking forward to vaping the NCV Frooloops I picked up from Vape Cartel East Rand.

Looking forward to advice and insightful discussions!

Last edited:
Well I'm new here. Last year on 27 May I bought a Twisp dual pack and went cold turkey on cigarettes. I had been smoking at least a pack per day, if I ended up at a bar at night it could be three or four packs. It took about six months for me to move on to an MVP 2.0 and Nautilus Mini, which is when I also started trying out the premium imported brands. There were two that I really liked but for the most part I wasted far too much money on these juices.

About two months later I moved to the Atlantis and Smok XPro BT50, which I've been using since. I also tried the Kayfun v4, but it's just too inconvenient for me so I quickly moved back to the Atlantis. I have not touched a cigarette since the afternoon of 27 May 2014 and would rather chew glass than smoke again.
Most welcome. Congrats on kicking the stinky habit so decisively - a huge achievement. You know @Mike - no need to import juices! Happy vaping.

@Andre, @Oj0 was actually the person to name Strawvana :) And possibly one of the reasons Mike's Mega Mixes exists!

Hi guys,

semi-new to all this.

Started with a TWISP, got an ESAM-T battery with a Kangertech F-MOW atomizer. That broke recently so I decided to do it properly (well sort of) and get a CF mod and a Subtank Mini.

With my CF mod I chose an LG 3200mAh 3.7v battery. I am looking to buy another battery as a spare, can anyone recommend anything better for my CF mod?

Only got my new gear today so looking forward to vaping the NCV Frooloops I picked up from Vape Cartel East Rand.

Most welcome. Congrats on getting rid of the stinky habit. Battery - best reputation probably the Samsung INR18650 25 R 2500 mAh, aka the Smurf. Happy vaping.

Afternoon guys, jus saying hello, new to the whole Vaping/E.Cig world, been of the smokes for a week now, reading through the forum looks like a made a rookie mistake straight of the bat and bought a twisp :hit:.... But hey its working so far, although i am having huge issues with the horrible bitter taste in my mouth, if someone can direct me to a link that deals with this issue i would apprecite it.

Hi guys,

semi-new to all this.

Welcome guys :)

So glad that you've decided to switch to digital, hope you all enjoy the forum :D

Hi Guys!! I've only joined the forum recently but have been visiting a lot!

Been vaping for 2 months now with Evic VT and my Billow V2 !
Already started DIY on Juice, first attempt was fruit-loop and enjoin it!!

Couple of posts in but I think it is time to introduce myself.

Some of you may know me from the I AM VAPE AFRICA group on Facebook but either way.

About 3 months of cigs now. Current setups include Billow V2, Plume Veil, iStick 50W, eGo One, and a Snow Wolf.

Love this not only as a healthy alternative to smoking but also as a hobby and social interaction method. Met some really cool people so far. Love it.

Back