Introduce Yourselves:

A very warm welcome to all our new members. Congrats to all that have made the decision to quit smoking and get on with your lives in a much healthier way. Enjoy the forum folks :D

Welcome @ScorpionL2K

Glad you decided to join up and sounds like you are on the fast track to vaping bliss :D
If you are considering rebuilding, have a serious look at the SubTank Mini...similar to the Atlantis (but better) and it provides RBA + coils in a single device ;)

Enjoy the forums :)

Hello everyone. I am Michael van Jaarsveld and I have had my twisp for about a year and a half now. I am from Boksburg Johannesburg and I have been vaping full time now for the last two weeks or so and know I finally have given up smoking the stinkies.

I would like some advice on good hardware and liquids, where to purchase and some nice flavours that you have used before? I don't know if it is the right thing to do, but people that are keen to give me some advice are more than welcome to talk to me on WhatsApp.... 074 *** ****!

Have a great day and week ahead..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone. I am Michael van Jaarsveld and I have had my twisp for about a year and a half now. I am from Boksburg Johannesburg and I have been vaping full time now for the last two weeks or so and know I finally have given up smoking the stinkies.

I would like some advice on good hardware and liquids, where to purchase and some nice flavours that you have used before? I don't know if it is the right thing to do, but people that are keen to give me some advice are more than welcome to talk to me on WhatsApp.... 074 *** **** !

Have a great day and week ahead..
We would prefer the number of the lady in your avatar picture:D. Giving your number out here could be problematic for you. Moderators sometimes remove same.
Anyhow, most welcome to the forum. And congrats on finally kicking the stinkies. From twisp I would recommend looking at an iStick with a Mini Aspire Nautilus. But browse around on the forum, look at the juice reviews and shout if you have any questions. Happy vaping.

We would prefer the number of the lady in your avatar picture:D. Giving your number out here could be problematic for you. Moderators sometimes remove same.
Anyhow, most welcome to the forum. And congrats on finally kicking the stinkies. From twisp I would recommend looking at an iStick with a Mini Aspire Nautilus. But browse around on the forum, look at the juice reviews and shout if you have any questions. Happy vaping.
Why would you advise me going that route? What is the difference between the twisp and the one which you recommenced? Also, which suppliers would you advise? I read all these abreviations and things in the forums and I am just dumbfounded

Unfortunately for you the lady in the avatar is already taken and that number is top secret and confidential information...

I appreciate the help. It is much appreciated... Are there any flavours that you yourself prefer and where do you get them?

Why would you advise me going that route? What is the difference between the twisp and the one which you recommenced? Also, which suppliers would you advise? I read all these abreviations and things in the forums and I am just dumbfounded

Unfortunately for you the lady in the avatar is already taken and that number is top secret and confidential information...

I appreciate the help. It is much appreciated... Are there any flavours that you yourself prefer and where do you get them?
A huge difference. The iStick 20W is 2200 mAh compared to the 600 mAh (I think) of the twisp. It has variable voltage and wattage. A longer lasting and more powerful battery. You also get a 30 and 50W iStick, but not required for the Mini Aspire Nautilus (mAN). The mAN is one of the best commercial atomizers, bottom vertical coils - far superior to the twisp atomizers. Of course, there are many other options out there.
My favourite juices are: Five Pawns Bowden's Mate (www.eciggies.co.za), Tark's Select Reserve Matador (imported), Bombies Black Out City (www.vapeking.co.za), Vaponaute Over the Rainbow (www.vapecartel.co.za), Heather's Heavenly Vapes Huntsman (www.juicyjoes.co.za), to name but a few. Also look at www.vapourmountain.co.za and www.skybluevaping.co.za

Welcome @Michael van Jaarsveld ! :--)

Enjoy your stay and personally I would give you the same advice I received when I joined the forum... I'm a noob vaper and I've got an iStick 30W with a Subtank Mini. Really awesome setup bud! :nod:

Welcome @Michael van Jaarsveld ! :--)

Enjoy your stay and personally I would give you the same advice I received when I joined the forum... I'm a noob vaper and I've got an iStick 30W with a Subtank Mini. Really awesome setup bud! :nod:
Hello Barnicle and thank you for the kind and warming welcome

Okay so two people have advised the istick so it has to have some good behind it...

Do you have any specific suppliers you purchased these from? I would like to get both from the same supplier for the best price and maybe even throw some flavours in there...

Hello Barnicle and thank you for the kind and warming welcome

Okay so two people have advised the istick so it has to have some good behind it...

Do you have any specific suppliers you purchased these from? I would like to get both from the same supplier for the best price and maybe even throw some flavours in there...
Maybe visit www.vapeking.co.za (check web site for address of store - Fourways I think). There you can test various devices and taste some juices.

Hi Guys newbie here, i recently got into e-cigs. just bought a cheapie EGO-H2 kit , hope to learn lots from you guys.

Welcome @Michael van Jaarsveld

Glad to hear you finally committed to full time vaping :rock:

As @Andre and @Barnicle have suggested, the iStick (30W) is a fantastic little device which will serve you well for quite some time. However, recent experiences have led me to now suggest the KangerTech SubTank Nano (or Mini) instead of the Aspire Nautilus.

There are so many vendors nowadays that I'm almost reluctant to suggest one in favour of another. Have a look at this thread for a list of vendors (start at the end and go backwards; it seems the official list page is no longer updated).

As for juices, well that is so varied that you should just see what the store you buy from has in stock and take a chance on some stuff that sounds good to you based on your tastes.

Best of luck and ask more questions if you have them (maybe create a thread in the Newbie Corner so that responses can be directed at you and no other unrelated posts will get in the way) :D

Enjoy the forum

Welcome @Neogenissis

Glad to have you, and I'm sure you'll find whatever you need on here. Feel free to ask us anything or just strike up a conversation, everyone's quite friendly here :D

Enjoy the forum

Okay thanks for all the advice everyone... I went out and got myself the istick 50w and the nautilus aspire.... Must say the taste so far is good but only had a few puffs....
I bought some e-cigies flavours and they seem to be good quality but will see....

Thanks and may the best vaper win

Okay thanks for all the advice everyone... I went out and got myself the istick 50w and the nautilus aspire.... Must say the taste so far is good but only had a few puffs....
I bought some e-cigies flavours and they seem to be good quality but will see....

Thanks and may the best vaper win
Ah, you take no prisoners. Probably the first iStick 50W on the forum. You of course need to post pictures of all your new goodies in the Vape Mail thread. Enjoy and shout if you have any questions.

Welcome @Neogenissis, glad to see you found the forum...told you it is awesome here! We one big vaping family!

Hope you decide to go with the subtank mini and istick combo, you will love it!

hello everyone, I'm new to the site, live in Jhb near the airport. I have been on e cigs for about 14 months and haven't touched a smoke since. The big difference for me is not coughing up my lungs every morning. I was smoking for about 45 years and before changing going through 40 - 50 a day. Now using a twisp with a tobacco/mint mix that I find enjoyable. I also am happy walking around and not smelling like an ashtray.

hello everyone, I'm new to the site, live in Jhb near the airport. I have been on e cigs for about 14 months and haven't touched a smoke since. The big difference for me is not coughing up my lungs every morning. I was smoking for about 45 years and before changing going through 40 - 50 a day. Now using a twisp with a tobacco/mint mix that I find enjoyable. I also am happy walking around and not smelling like an ashtray.
Wow, well done on the 14 months of freshness :D

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy the company ;)

Welcome @The Ballie

Fantastic to hear you've manage to kick the smoking after 45 years...that is just amazing, well done :clap:
I was smoking for just half that time and my lungs were ready to evacuate before I switched and I haven't felt (or smelled) this good in ages :D

Enjoy the forum and have a chat...nice people on here and many more interesting things to discover about vaping :)

I have been given a reo ( which I call a Squonker,the name given to squashing the bottle to get juice up to the wick) but find it rather heavy and unwieldly to carry around with me when going out. Has anyone got any ideas or specifics as to how or what to combat this. I generally use it if I'm at my desk.

I have been given a reo ( which I call a Squonker,the name given to squashing the bottle to get juice up to the wick) but find it rather heavy and unwieldly to carry around with me when going out. Has anyone got any ideas or specifics as to how or what to combat this. I generally use it if I'm at my desk.

Yo Mike! You have the Rolls Royce of vaping Boet! :rock:

Just put it in your pocket! I do... well not often because it's actually in my hand 95% of the time! ;-)

OK ... finally joined this forum...I am a Cape Tonian - Started Vapin in 2009 … waz easy as I preferred the eCig to analogues.

Back then most people thought eCigs were called Twisp – I did get 2 Twisp units a Stick (amazing little unit) and a Dura (black cigarette with a blue light)…

The Twisp waterfront kiosk lady Anika was a peach ;)

Found that it was all a little expensive @ Twisp and started ordering from China…

I joined the Eastmall forum – was run by Australians working for Chinese Supplier… they also had a peachy sales lady … did a lota activity on that page – got a lotta advice, help ‘n fun there … eventually reached a saturation point – realizing the forum was more addictive than Nicotine – so I weaned myself off…

Glad to have found this South African forum J

…ok enough for now…

OK ... finally joined this forum...I am a Cape Tonian - Started Vapin in 2009 … waz easy as I preferred the eCig to analogues.

Back then most people thought eCigs were called Twisp – I did get 2 Twisp units a Stick (amazing little unit) and a Dura (black cigarette with a blue light)…

Found that it was all a little expensive @ Twisp and started ordering from China…

I joined the Eastmall forum – was run by Australians working for Chinese Supplier… they also had a peachy sales lady … did a lota activity on that page – got a lotta advice, help ‘n fun there … eventually reached a saturation point – realizing the forum was more addictive than Nicotine – so I weaned myself off…

…ok enough for now…
Welcome to the forum :D

Hope you enjoy it and don't get too "saturated" :p

…ok enough for now…
Welcome to the forum. . . On here it is never enough. Lol always upgrading and trying things out for "the sake of science"

Back