Introduce Yourselves:

Hi guys,

Long time lurker here.....finally decided to register and say hi.

I smoke cigarettes for a shade over 17 years.....bought a first generation Twisp back in 2009 or so. Hated it..it didnt taste good, leaked was not very convenient. Went back to stinkies for about 4 years and then bought a Clearo in 2013.....worked a lot better and I used it for 1.5 years or so. Upgraded to istick 30w and a Eleaf GS-Air, which worked great, but sadly only lasted about 5 weeks. It just stopped threading on my istick.

So, got myself a Kanger Subtank Nano, but that doesnt work too well with lower airflow for mouth to lung vaping. The drip tip gets too hot in my opinion. So I got a Aspire ET-S for MTL vaping and reserve the Subtank Nano for when I have a beer and prefer direct lung vaping. Love the VE 6mg Black Cigar on the Kanger (0.5 @ 15W) and just started using VK5 12mg in the ET-S (1.8 @ 13W) Works pretty well, but still looking for the perfect ADV liquid for the ET-S.

Thanks for all the info I have gathered on this forum.......really helped me in getting the vape I want. This is a great resource for info.

Welcome to the forum @HoodRich
Glad you are no longer a "lurker" and decided to register.
Big respect for using the Twisp Clearo for 1.5 years!

Finding the right device for one's vaping style can be challenging - but it sounds like you have made great progress. Finding the right liquids is even more challenging - but I think that's the best and most fun part of vaping. Wishing you well for the journey from here on.

Welcome to the forum @HoodRich
Glad you are no longer a "lurker" and decided to register.
Big respect for using the Twisp Clearo for 1.5 years!

Finding the right device for one's vaping style can be challenging - but it sounds like you have made great progress. Finding the right liquids is even more challenging - but I think that's the best and most fun part of vaping. Wishing you well for the journey from here on.

@Silver - thanks for the welcome ;-) Yup, I have made some great progress - thanks to this forum.

Greetings all, Sean here, SO glad i stumbled upon this forum!

I'm from the Eastern Cape and currently living in Stellenbosch. I've been vaping for 1 year 3 months and haven't looked back. I was a smoker for about 7 years. I've had 2 smokes since starting vaping, couldn't even finish them, tasted dirty :D
Started vaping with the hopes of slowly cutting down the nicotine mg and eventually quitting all together.

Unfortunately/fortunately i fell in love with vaping and i am now at a crossroads between stopping or continuing with vaping. (I've never really been a quitter so i think i'll carry on with vaping :p ). I've had to deal with a lot of friends and family chirps about when i'm stopping, why i'm still vaping etc.

I used a standard starter kit from Vape africa ( just fog 1453) and one from Juicy Joes (both great vendors with great service).
I just recently got myself an ego one from sky blue vaping ( Mindblowingly amazing service).
My next purchase will be that sub box mini or i'll enter the mod life :)

I've only really purchased flavours from vape africa (love their tobacco), juicy joes and skyblue vaping. Then there's the desperate smoking deli missions to get over-priced liqua flavours for when i unexpectedly run out of my usual vape.

Loving the forum, I've had so many questions in my short journey and i finally have a place to shoot them.

Positive vibrations to all,

Sean.
Greetings seandk,many people don't understand or are misinformed about vapeing .Know that you've made a wise and healthier choice.

Hi to all vapers!
I'm from Cape town and picked up vaping as a hobby. Not so interested in the flavor and the nicotine but the clouds and the beauty of these gadgets!
Hoping to learn a lot from you guys!
Hi Alex, whatever keeps you vapeing is a good thing.

Gert here, been off analogs for a week now vaping a Twisp Edge

Welcome @gertvanjoe
Congrats on the week of vaping! You doing a great thing!
All the best and hope you enjoy your stay here

Welcome All...

welcome.gif

Hi to all vapers!
I'm from Cape town and picked up vaping as a hobby. Not so interested in the flavor and the nicotine but the clouds and the beauty of these gadgets!
Hoping to learn a lot from you guys!

@Alex_123 Welcome to the forum and another Capetonian added to the ranks, "enjoy your stay and don't be afraid to ask away1"

Hi there, my name is Brendan and I'm from Durban and I have been on the Vape for about a year now and really getting into it now. Been off the stinkies ever since. I love fruity flavours and 70/30 but trying my hand at making cloud juice now :)
Keep at the DIY and you'll hit on what you seek.I made some god awful tasting stuff starting out but now almost all I vape is homebrew and I'm loving the flavor and saving $$$$ big time.

Hey there guys, new to vaping started out about 2 weeks ago, currently using ileaf 50W and kangertech subtank-plus, and really enjoying it. Looking to find out about creating some of my own coils since i have a RBA kit aswell just need some wire(or what ever the coil is called), and some wick. Currently using normal 0.6 ohm stock coils and vaping Voodoo: jack the ripper, and some aqua berry that i got from USA. Hope to become a frequent forum troll here.

And vape on guys :)
xc0IuLQ.jpg

Last edited:
@Ludjer Warm Welcome mate, nice setup you have there, ask away, I still do, the "Learned Ones" on this forum always willing to assist us noobs, Good Luck on your vaping journey!

Hey there guys, new to vaping started out about 2 weeks ago, currently using ileaf 50W and kangertech subtank-plus, and really enjoying it. Looking to find out about creating some of my own coils since i have a RBA kit aswell just need some wire(or what ever the coil is called), and some wick. Currently using normal 0.6 ohm stock coils and vaping Voodoo: jack the ripper, and some aqua berry that i got from USA. Hope to become a frequent forum troll here.

xc0IuLQ.jpg
Welcome to the forum @Ludjer

The iStick50 and Subtank is a great combo to start with, still my favourite setup ;)

Take some time to poke around for some coil building tips, if you get stuck just ask, someone will be able to help :)

xc0IuLQ.jpg
Looking forward to hearing from you, seems you've caught on fast to this vapeing thing.

xc0IuLQ.jpg

Welcome to the forum @Ludjer and nice intro pic
Congrats on the 2 weeks! Sounds like you are pretty sorted for your first 2 weeks. Great going.

Regarding coil building, these two posts may give you some useful additional information:

Some info about coil variables:
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/coils.t11571/#post-224199

And a some commentary on coil diameter and wire gauge
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/talk-to-me-about-building-coils.t12467/#post-236333

All the best - let us know how it goes

Thanks some god
Welcome to the forum @Ludjer and nice intro pic
Congrats on the 2 weeks! Sounds like you are pretty sorted for your first 2 weeks. Great going.

Regarding coil building, these two posts may give you some useful additional information:

Some info about coil variables:
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/coils.t11571/#post-224199

And a some commentary on coil diameter and wire gauge
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/talk-to-me-about-building-coils.t12467/#post-236333

All the best - let us know how it goes
great links you sent there. Thanks

I got lucky my brother started vaping in USA, and when he came over to visit he dropped me off his gear so i started off with some really nice gear, second hand but in mint condition. Also recently got myself a GS Air Atomizer so been swapping out those two but can really tell the difference between that and kanger tech. About the 28 gauge Kanthal wire are there any brick and motor stores in Pretoria region that might sell this stuff? Also looking for a shop where i can go in and get a taste of some flavors?

Thanks.

Thanks some god

great links you sent there. Thanks

I got lucky my brother started vaping in USA, and when he came over to visit he dropped me off his gear so i started off with some really nice gear, second hand but in mint condition. Also recently got myself a GS Air Atomizer so been swapping out those two but can really tell the difference between that and kanger tech. About the 28 gauge Kanthal wire are there any brick and motor stores in Pretoria region that might sell this stuff? Also looking for a shop where i can go in and get a taste of some flavors?

Thanks.

Youre welcome @Ludjer

The stores I know of in the Pretoria/Centurion area are eCiggies and Skyblue Vaping. Both are registered as supporting retailers on this forum. So check out their sub-forums on the homepage. Also, Vapeking has an agent in Pretoria that has had many positive reviews. They all should stock 28g wire but i suggest just contacting them to check if you can test flavours before you go visit.

I may have left out some of the more recent retailers that have registered. Apologies if I have.

Hey guys,

Semi-new vaper here. Got a Twisp Clearo last year, used it for a couple of months, but eventually went back to stinkies 'cause it was a hassle with one battery, the coils were only good for a couple of days, and I was going through juice like beer.

Picked it up again recently, as I honestly did prefer it when it worked, but it still wasn't quite cutting it.
Cigarettes actually taste cuck, it's amazing how desensitized you become after 18 years!
Soooooo, I decided to do a bit of research over the week-end, 'tube vids and stuff, which turned into the whole damn week-end. Didn't even log into WoW, and I'm supposed to be leveling a priest as an off-healer for our raid team :p

After much deliberation, and a crap-ton of filling and emptying shopping carts, I eventually came across this post, bit the bullet and ordered a Kangertech Subox Mini, a battery, spare coils and a couple bottles of juice. The order arrived this morning, a day earlier than expected (Thanks guys at VapeKing for the speedy delivery to the EC). Mere words cannot do justice to how much more satisfying the experience is. I think I'm in love.

I have a few questions, however. When I was Twisping, I really liked the Tobacco #1 flavour from their Pure range. I know it is a high VG mix, but nowhere on the packaging or their website can I find the actual VG/PG ratio.
I tried the Traditional Tobacco juice (50/50) I ordered from VapeKing, but it has this weird fruity after-taste I can't quite wrap my head around yet. The Twisp flavour I am accustomed to has a sweeter, almost-vanilla taste which I quite like. Still have some of it left, so I ended up using that instead.

Is anyone able to enlighten me as to the VG/PG ratio of the Twisp Pure juice? And maybe recommend something comparable flavour-wise?

I apologize for the wall of text.

Hey guys,

Semi-new vaper here. Got a Twisp Clearo last year, used it for a couple of months, but eventually went back to stinkies 'cause it was a hassle with one battery, the coils were only good for a couple of days, and I was going through juice like beer.

Picked it up again recently, as I honestly did prefer it when it worked, but it still wasn't quite cutting it.
Cigarettes actually taste cuck, it's amazing how desensitized you become after 18 years!
Soooooo, I decided to do a bit of research over the week-end, 'tube vids and stuff, which turned into the whole damn week-end. Didn't even log into WoW, and I'm supposed to be leveling a priest as an off-healer for our raid team :p

After much deliberation, and a crap-ton of filling and emptying shopping carts, I eventually came across this post, bit the bullet and ordered a Kangertech Subox Mini, a battery, spare coils and a couple bottles of juice. The order arrived this morning, a day earlier than expected (Thanks guys at VapeKing for the speedy delivery to the EC). Mere words cannot do justice to how much more satisfying the experience is. I think I'm in love.

I have a few questions, however. When I was Twisping, I really liked the Tobacco #1 flavour from their Pure range. I know it is a high VG mix, but nowhere on the packaging or their website can I find the actual VG/PG ratio.
I tried the Traditional Tobacco juice (50/50) I ordered from VapeKing, but it has this weird fruity after-taste I can't quite wrap my head around yet. The Twisp flavour I am accustomed to has a sweeter, almost-vanilla taste which I quite like. Still have some of it left, so I ended up using that instead.

Is anyone able to enlighten me as to the VG/PG ratio of the Twisp Pure juice? And maybe recommend something comparable flavour-wise?

Welcome, do yourself a favor and check out sxmxdrifter on YouTube. His videos on vapeing high vg.w/nic. was a game changer for me.He's a great guy and has answered most of my questions personally and on his tutorials .I've tweaked this method to suit my taste and aside from becoming my adv. I'm saving big$$ on juice.If I can help w/ this shoot me a line.Luck to ya!

Hey guys,

Most welcome to the forum. Glad that thread by @free3dom helped.
Cannot comment on the ratio of the twisp juice.
Something comparable - I have an idea you will love this juice: http://juicyjoes.co.za/?product=h1n1-the-virus
See it is not available in 18 mg, but is in 12 mg.
Happy vaping.

Last edited:
Back