Introduce Yourselves:

Hi @Andre

Sorry I saw your post in the wrong order. Thank you for the info, I've added that to my list it looks fantastic!

Hi All

Michael from Pretoria, been on and off the sticks for 6 months. Been vaping for 4 months just ordered my first RBA and looking forward to learning that side of the Vape hobby.

Hi folks
Im Peter from Cape Town, took an early, early retirement 2 years ago and Im really enjoying it.
Im a tinkerer, so personal freedom is high up on my priority list, I enjoy doing what I like when I like, whether its playing GTA5 till 2am or sleeping late till 10am, kids have grown up and flown the nest. :)
I stopped smoking (Winston red box) back in '95 when it got to around R2.95 a pack and havent gone back to the cigs since... yea it was hard, all we had in those days were nicotine patches or the gum (Nicorettes, disgusting stuff).
I've got to say the health improvement was vast, you notice flights of stairs are easier and of course theres the knock on effect too, where one positive leads to something new which in turn leads onto another benefit.

So... what brings me to vaping?
Well I was listening to some vape convo's and had the bright idea to extract my coffee and perhaps vape it.
Needless to say a quick Google showed me that it wasnt a unique idea, Eagle Energy Vapor is doing a disposable 3 pack but they use guarana extract, taurine and ginseng.
Anyhow Im still determined to extract the caffeine (steam distillation) and possibly infuse some glycerine.
I eagerly bounded off to the mall and procured a "Chinese" EVOD clone, more about that elsewhere. :)
I'll by no means be a regular vaper, its kinda pointless with 0% juice and I wont be doing nicotine again, but I enjoy the tinkering and experimenting... heck I've even got some lavender bushes if the "House of Coffees" Roma Espresso thing doesnt work out. :)

Last edited:
Hi Silver

Thanks for the quick and detailed response. Twisp has indeed been very helpful to many, and they have really kickstarted the Vape market with their lowered standards.

I don't see myself building coils in the near future so that is not a requirement for the tanks now. When I reach that level I would probably be ready to get a new tank.

As for size, I'm not too familiar which batteries and mods are compatible with which tanks, but in that case maybe I could get a compact battery for the smaller tank which I will carry around, and also get a relatively compact box mod (I hope I said it right) which, if possible, would be compatible with both tanks?

I'm looking for a Twisp Clearo type of hit. I'm not very sure about the differences but I think its more mouth to lung, like the hit you would get when you had a cig after a long flight. I'm not looking for excessive vapour, but I like to get a strong flavour that you feel on your throat. During the day moving around and in public places I definitely don't want to make huge clouds, but the second tank for using in the evening and stuff some extra vapour would be good. With the Twisp I had been finding that I had to really pull a few times to get the flavour going so in that respect I'm looking for something that is as effortless as possible. A little bit of adjustment to play with would be helpful.

I notice that tanks are fairly reasonable as far as cost goes, so if the battery/mod is fairly universal and can handle an upgrade then I can look at another tank once I get familiar with the first purchase, instead of getting a spare compact one now to carry around which I have been doing so I could have 2 flavours on hand, and who knows maybe I'll be ready to try my hand at coils by then.

I read up on the Aspire Atlantis V2 earlier, seems like a option for the 2nd tank, no idea about the mod yet though. The Aspire Nautilus has good reports but it uses a unique coil but is still an option if the coils are unique to the tanks in this category. I don't suppose you get different brands of that coil, but if the cost and quality of it are fine then it will be fine.

Thank you, I look forward to some suggestions. I came across a dealer in Musgrave who does online also, it's convenient for me to collect there and they seem to have the main products, I still need to check prices, hoping to get something soon, I'm barely surviving with a broken Twisp.

@garyalexza good luck man, let me know what kit you are planning to get, and I'm in the market so keep me in mind when you send the complimentary goods!

Hi @M5000
I apreciate your detailed writing because it helps to get a better idea of your preferences

Just a couple of comments. First, most tanks generally fit on most mods/batteries.
There are 2 connectors. ego and 510. Most tanks are 510 and so are most batteries. The smaller tanks like the Twisp and Evod are Ego threaded. So you need a mod with an Ego thread. But you get a 510 to Ego adaptor. Anyway, most of the devices will fit on each other. Its more about matching the power of the mod to that of the tank.

Here are some options

Nautilus Mini - mouth to lung, great flavour, variable airflow, commercia coils, has been reliable for me. More intense than a twisp clearo but still a mellow vape. Clouds not huge. Pair with an iStick or any mod that can easily provide up to 15 Watts of power

Subox kit - with Subtank Mini v2 - can do commercial coils or you can build your own. More intense than Nautilus Mini. 0.5 ohm coils are quite intense but 1.5 ohm coils are more mild. Can do mouth to lung and direct lung hits. Variable airflow. More versatile. Comes with a mod that goes up to 50 Watts.

You need to try these devices to see what you prefer, nautilus mini is more subdued but still great. And Subtank mini is more intense

But dont forget, you can increase the throat hit by increasing the nic level of the juice

Hi All

Michael from Pretoria, been on and off the sticks for 6 months. Been vaping for 4 months just ordered my first RBA and looking forward to learning that side of the Vape hobby.

Welcome @Weaselwebb
Congrats on the vaping - it is one of the most fantastic hobbies! So much to learn and experience
Enjoy your stay and all the best to you

Hi folks
Im Peter from Cape Town, took an early, early retirement 2 years ago and Im really enjoying it.
Im a tinkerer, so personal freedom is high up on my priority list, I enjoy doing what I like when I like, whether its playing GTA5 till 2am or sleeping late till 10am, kids have grown up and flown the nest. :)
I stopped smoking (Winston red box) back in '95 when it got to around R2.95 a pack and havent gone back to the cigs since... yea it was hard, all we had in those days were nicotine patches or the gum (Nicorettes, disgusting stuff).
I've got to say the health improvement was vast, you notice flights of stairs are easier and of course theres the knock on effect too, where one positive leads to something new which in turn leads onto another benefit.

So... what brings me to vaping?
Well I was listening to some vape convo's and had the bright idea to extract my coffee and perhaps vape it.
Needless to say a quick Google showed me that it wasnt a unique idea, Eagle Energy Vapor is doing a disposable 3 pack but they use guarana extract, taurine and ginseng.
Anyhow Im still determined to extract the caffeine (steam distillation) and possibly infuse some glycerine.
I eagerly bounded off to the mall and procured a "Chinese" EVOD clone, more about that elsewhere. :)
I'll by no means be a regular vaper, its kinda pointless with 0% juice and I wont be doing nicotine again, but I enjoy the tinkering and experimenting... heck I've even got some lavender bushes if the "House of Coffees" Roma Espresso thing doesnt work out. :)

Welcome to the forum @blujeenz
There are several folk that vape zero mg juice here. They are more into the flavour than the nicotine.

Why dont you try some of the amazing zero mg juices from the fabulous local mixers on this forum. You may find you are surprised by the amazing flavours that are in some of the local brews. Just check out the vendors listed on the forum home page. Mavy of them sell juices and some do offer zero mg.

All the best and let us know how it goes

Welcome to the forum @blujeenz
There are several folk that vape zero mg juice here. They are more into the flavour than the nicotine.

Why dont you try some of the amazing zero mg juices from the fabulous local mixers on this forum. You may find you are surprised by the amazing flavours that are in some of the local brews. Just check out the vendors listed on the forum home page. Mavy of them sell juices and some do offer zero mg.

All the best and let us know how it goes

Thanks @Silver, also for the heads up regards the juices, Ive tried a 0% cappuccino from Liqua, not too bad, however I can sense the tasting thing could get out of hand. :)

Hi Peeps, Eduard from Cape Town here.

Im trying to get off the stinkies, my kit from VapeKing arriving today. Billow V2 and Koopor Mini 60W.

Will post pics as soon as i have it :D

Thanks for having me on the Forum.
@Eduardo good luck quitting. I think you'll love vapeing.and the forum.

Hi all!

So been free of the stinkies for about 2 and a half years. Started with Twisp Neos and then the Clearos. About a month back it became clear that I had to replace the dying Clearos an not with more Clearo batteries... I had been annoyed with them and the decline in quality of coils for ages but was lazy to change. Debated the new Twisp gear but decided some research was in order! That (Google) led me here and after some browsing of the forum, went with a subox mini setup based on the intro to vaping thread.

I've been blown away with it but... I had to also try new liquids as the twisp ones were not so great anymore.... ;) Glad I did, some EXCELLENT juices made here in SA and found the reviews here spot on. Particularly enjoyed Silver's reviews, always spot on.

Anyways... just over a month later and I've just got a delivery today of supplies to build coils. So definitely moving quickly away from the plain old Clearo!

As an aside I've been very impressed with all of the retailers I've used to date and the impression I'm left with is that the e-juice makers and retailers in SA are top notch.
@Xeltrix great to have you on board!

Thanks @Silver, also for the heads up regards the juices, Ive tried a 0% cappuccino from Liqua, not too bad, however I can sense the tasting thing could get out of hand. :)

Hi @blujeenz
You are quite right, tasting different juices is quite a thing - and can be coslty ;-)
Incidentally, coffee is a flavour that is fairly rare. And my hunt for the "perfect" one is still ongoing

Do you like your coffee taste to be very dark and roasted or more milky and creamy?

@Silver I prefer the strength 4s like Roma Espresso, Italian, Jamacian or VIP Gold, in that order. I havent bothered with the HOC "lifestyle" range and none of the other brands interest me at all.

@Silver I prefer the strength 4s like Roma Espresso, Italian, Jamacian or VIP Gold, in that order. I havent bothered with the HOC "lifestyle" range and none of the other brands interest me at all.

Ok, i am no coffee expert regarding the different types of coffees, but for a dark roasted coffee, give Vapour Mountain's coffee a try. They also have Cappucino which is less roasted and a bit milkier

My mom has found her ideal coffee vape by mixing a little bit of VM's coffee with VapeKing's coffee, which is lighter and creamier. It does taste good.

Let us know how your coffee ejuice hunt develops

Hi All. My name is Trishen. Glad to finally be part of this amazing forum. I quit the analogs and started vaping about 7 months ago and I haven't looked back since. Current gear includes: iStick 30w, Smok M80, Subtank mini and Velocity RDA

Hello ecigssa !Joining the resistance! Just saying hello and vaping on a SMOK TFV4 with Smok x cube 2. I'm a Jack of all trades master of none ! Will be rebuilding future coils but so far everything is good. I love to DIY everything that I can , this was the main reason going with TFV4 ! Not into all the ejuice flavors going around also DIY-ing my own! Peace! Tj96

Attachments

• ohms law.jpg
    ohms law.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 11
Hey everybody. Been vaping for a month. Currently vaping assorted Vape King flavours, on a Kanger iPow 2 and Kanger Aerotank 2.

I dig the DIY aspect of vaping, so will be getting an RDA soon and maybe a mod box and and and, so many things to get.

Have also made my first e-liquid, wasnt a bad first attempt, but nothing too special.

I'm finally joining the forums to ask for advice and to give some advice.

It's all about the resistance :D

Hi Guys.

Welcome to the new members. This a true Vape family.

@Andre @Silver @Bartart A special thanks to these guys who got me on the road in no time with great advice and lots of patience to answer every question. I have noticed in many other forums as well, Silver is one seriously patient guy!

Anyway, Subox Mini arrived from Eciggies - great service and very efficient. Coming from a Twisp this is a beast. Started on the 0.5ohm coil by mistake and a 12mg liquid which is a bit high for me. Still fiddling around and getting to know it.

The tank is stunning but I'm also scared to break it. From the little time that I've had with this, I would need a mod that is lighter and more pocket-friendly, to use when I'm out and about. I won't expect great power but just a simple one to carry to the beach or dam, simple and compact - I'll carry spare batteries if need be. Definitely not a mech mod though. Also need a few basic tanks that will work on most mods, good quality, rugged, easy to clean, and if it breaks it would be cheap to replace. I need this for carrying around, and also I am used to having at least 3 flavours on hand so one tank only won't work. Any suggestions welcome.

The subox is displaying 0.6ohm and 0.0V, is that normal? I haven't put the wattage above 20 at most, just trying different settings to get more flavour.

Hi Guys.

Welcome to the new members. This a true Vape family.

@Andre @Silver @Bartart A special thanks to these guys who got me on the road in no time with great advice and lots of patience to answer every question. I have noticed in many other forums as well, Silver is one seriously patient guy!

Anyway, Subox Mini arrived from Eciggies - great service and very efficient. Coming from a Twisp this is a beast. Started on the 0.5ohm coil by mistake and a 12mg liquid which is a bit high for me. Still fiddling around and getting to know it.

The tank is stunning but I'm also scared to break it. From the little time that I've had with this, I would need a mod that is lighter and more pocket-friendly, to use when I'm out and about. I won't expect great power but just a simple one to carry to the beach or dam, simple and compact - I'll carry spare batteries if need be. Definitely not a mech mod though. Also need a few basic tanks that will work on most mods, good quality, rugged, easy to clean, and if it breaks it would be cheap to replace. I need this for carrying around, and also I am used to having at least 3 flavours on hand so one tank only won't work. Any suggestions welcome.

The subox is displaying 0.6ohm and 0.0V, is that normal? I haven't put the wattage above 20 at most, just trying different settings to get more flavour.
You find the best people on this forum.Welcome to the new members!

Hi @M5000, welcome! Just my 2c, I also came from a twisp to the kbox mini setup. Like you, I delved straight into subohm and screwed in that 0.5ohm!

This was the biggest mistake I ever made. As a noob Vapour, in any event to proper gear, the 0.5 was just way beyond my experience. I did not use the kbox much in the first week, as anything I put in the was just too strong. I was coughing like a 40 year old VW beetle even after just puffing for a second, the continues burning in my throat was to much and I used my twisp more than ever. After a week, I put my ego away and replaced with the 1.5ohm coil. Man oh man, that changed the game completely! I just could not put it down!

I have coverted a few twispers to decent gear and my advice to them is always to start off with the higher ohm at low wattage (10watt) and as you grow use with it, start increasing the wattage. You will know when its time to switch to 0.5.

Just my 2c!

And btw, your display is perfect. The ohms can vary by about 0.2 safely. You will only see the 0.0V change when you press the fire button and the battery is delivering power to the coil.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

As a new member, I want to welcome the newer members. I can vouch that the people on this forum are really awesome, friendly and very helpful!

Back