Introduce Yourselves:

Hi everyone

My name is Remy and I've been vaping on and off for a couple years now. I started out with a Twisp (I didn't know any better) that a friend bought but didn't enjoy and I then upgraded to a little variable voltage e-cig. I've been using a Subtank mini with a 30w iStick for a little while now but I upgraded to a Bellus & Koopor Mini yesterday. I started using the RBA section of the Subtank Mini last week and decided that I wanted to immerse myself in the whole building thing a little more...

I have been on and off with cigs since I started vaping but I hope I can kick the habit for good now.

I have already learnt a lot on the forum although I've been lurking in the shadows a bit :p

But I won't ramble on, just wanted to introduce myself :)
Welcome fellow Lurker!

Hi fellow vapors. I started vaping in March 2015 with a twisp. After numerous mouths-full of eliquid and leaking coils, MetalGearX got me hooked on the Kangertech RBA. With the help of MGX, now building and re-wicking my own coils. The standard coils do not do justice to the flavor of the juices or the over-all vaping experience.

Cant tell you how many thousands of rands I wasted on crappy juice so thank you to all of you on the forum that gives e-liquid reviews!

Happy vaping!

Hi guys and girls.

Been on here for a while but no formal introduction.
My story is as follows, I was/still am a hubbly smoker. I just found that the hubbly gave me headaches. A mate of mine bout a vape mod and sparked the interest. A little research layer and a trip to vapeclub am now a vaper. I still smoke hubbly but not anywhere near as much and love vaping.

I met a couple of guys at the meet and have also dealt with a few guys in the classifieds section and this is by far the most friendly forum I have ever been on. Can't wait to learn some more and hone my craft in coil building ☺☺

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hi everyone

My name is Remy and I've been vaping on and off for a couple years now. I started out with a Twisp (I didn't know any better) that a friend bought but didn't enjoy and I then upgraded to a little variable voltage e-cig. I've been using a Subtank mini with a 30w iStick for a little while now but I upgraded to a Bellus & Koopor Mini yesterday. I started using the RBA section of the Subtank Mini last week and decided that I wanted to immerse myself in the whole building thing a little more...

I have been on and off with cigs since I started vaping but I hope I can kick the habit for good now.

I have already learnt a lot on the forum although I've been lurking in the shadows a bit :p

But I won't ramble on, just wanted to introduce myself :)

Welcome to the forum @remydp
Thanks for the intro. Hoping you can kick the habit soon! You sure have some decent gear there
Enjoy your stay

Hi fellow vapors. I started vaping in March 2015 with a twisp. After numerous mouths-full of eliquid and leaking coils, MetalGearX got me hooked on the Kangertech RBA. With the help of MGX, now building and re-wicking my own coils. The standard coils do not do justice to the flavor of the juices or the over-all vaping experience.

Cant tell you how many thousands of rands I wasted on crappy juice so thank you to all of you on the forum that gives e-liquid reviews!

Happy vaping!

Welcome to the forum @BibbyBubbly
Great to hear you are doing so well and that @MetalGearX has shown you the ropes. Kudos MGX
Enjoy your stay!

Hi guys and girls.

Been on here for a while but no formal introduction.
My story is as follows, I was/still am a hubbly smoker. I just found that the hubbly gave me headaches. A mate of mine bout a vape mod and sparked the interest. A little research layer and a trip to vapeclub am now a vaper. I still smoke hubbly but not anywhere near as much and love vaping.

I met a couple of guys at the meet and have also dealt with a few guys in the classifieds section and this is by far the most friendly forum I have ever been on. Can't wait to learn some more and hone my craft in coil building ☺☺

Welcome to the forum @OreO
Glad you introduced yourself. I remember meeting you briefly at the Vape Meet.
Enjoy your stay and all the best for your vape journey

Hey Vapers,

I'm Bretton. Started vaping a few months ago to quit cigs nd got a twisp edge, which did not satisfy me. Now I'm on a royal hunter clone RDA powered by a iStick TC60W using capton coils. Haven't gone back to cigarretts and never will. Vaping is my LifeStyle

Hey Vapers,

I'm Bretton. Started vaping a few months ago to quit cigs nd got a twisp edge, which did not satisfy me. Now I'm on a royal hunter clone RDA powered by a iStick TC60W using capton coils. Haven't gone back to cigarretts and never will. Vaping is my LifeStyle

Welcome to the forum @BrizzyZA (VapeLife)
All the best with your vaping!
Enjoy your stay

Hi My name is Craig been on a twisp Edge on and off for 4 months now getting a Ileaf Istick for a new adventure
And I reside in JHB Born and raised
Most welcome to the forum. What are you going to put on top of the iStick? All the best with your vaping journey.

Welcome to the forum @OreO
Glad you introduced yourself. I remember meeting you briefly at the Vape Meet.
Enjoy your stay and all the best for your vape journey
Hey silver thanks for the welcome.

Yea was great to meet you to. Eagerly awaiting the next meet.

Greetings fellow fellowers.
Been about a month and a bit now that I've found myself in the vape scene after many failed attempts of trying to stop smoking the cigaroonies seems this is working out quite nicely, started myself off with an iStick 100w and TFV4 tank and in this little time I've been induced already have myself another mod, Encom TNT 80W with the mad hatter dripper, had changed the atty's around as my Istick's 510 pin "broke"//(Still works with the dripper) anyway, nearly immediately got into the DIY juicing to save on budget and i'm loving every moment of it.. Ecigssa has certainly helped and has been with me on this journey so far to live a little bit of a healthier lifestyle, so thanks everyone for being awesome ;)

Greetings fellow fellowers.
Been about a month and a bit now that I've found myself in the vape scene after many failed attempts of trying to stop smoking the cigaroonies seems this is working out quite nicely, started myself off with an iStick 100w and TFV4 tank and in this little time I've been induced already have myself another mod, Encom TNT 80W with the mad hatter dripper, had changed the atty's around as my Istick's 510 pin "broke"//(Still works with the dripper) anyway, nearly immediately got into the DIY juicing to save on budget and i'm loving every moment of it.. Ecigssa has certainly helped and has been with me on this journey so far to live a little bit of a healthier lifestyle, so thanks everyone for being awesome ;)

Ah, welcome to the forum @ZirSire - potential Fasttech customer I see ;-)
Congrats in the vaping, sounds like you have some great gear
Enjoy your stay and wishing you all the best for your journey

Ah, welcome to the forum @ZirSire - potential Fasttech customer I see ;-)
Congrats in the vaping, sounds like you have some great gear
Enjoy your stay and wishing you all the best for your journey
I'm sure the stay will be great.
Getting there i think, although i never thought i would replace smoking but the find has been epic.
:BIGHEHE:

I'm sure the stay will be great.
Getting there i think, although i never thought i would replace smoking but the find has been epic.
:BIGHEHE:

Thats exactly what I thought when I found vaping and stopped smoking!
After a few weeks I was in continual amazement that i had stopped smoking and it wasnt all that difficult.
Never thought something like that would happen

Well, its 2 years on and vaping is getting even more exciting with all the new gear and juices available.
Only problem is one needs to pick one's purchases carefully otherwise it can hurt the wallet :eek:

Thats exactly what I thought when I found vaping and stopped smoking!
After a few weeks I was in continual amazement that i had stopped smoking and it wasnt all that difficult.
Never thought something like that would happen

Well, its 2 years on and vaping is getting even more exciting with all the new gear and juices available.
Only problem is one needs to pick one's purchases carefully otherwise it can hurt the wallet :eek:

Budget can be a problem sometimes, before i get something though i usually do as much research as possible, think i checked out forums and watched some youtubers for about 2weeks before i got my first kit, have been working with a colleague as well on the diy-juicing to try ease the budgethands which has been very helpful, would be nice to be able to get some juices every now and again though as all this steeping makes the waiting for good juices quite tough lol.

Big congrats on the 2years by the way :rock: when i tried the cigalike,ego vapes, whatevers, a few years ago it really didn't do anything for me even tried some other penstyle mods that just didn't cut it, i'm super stocked the industry has made such good progress on the tech even if we in south africa are still a little behind i'm finding it to be such a great transition, never at all what i expected.

My gf was trying to urge me to not get into vaping cause she knows how much i used to smoke and was convinced my kit was just gonna sit around, I've gone from about 1 & a half boxes of smokes a day (4-6boxes per weekend) to have only smoked 2-boxes in the last month+2weeks..pretty amazing i think for something i didn't even expect to work at all :-D

Welcome to all the new members & the long-time lurkers.
It's always nice to see someone post here just to say hi. Please don't fall off the radar and return to the dark corners after your intro.
There are many different areas where anyone can contribute. You may feel like a noob vaper, but relating your experience can help someone else, and you'll definitely find a thread or two of interest in Off-Topic you can relate to. If not, start something ;)

Budget can be a problem sometimes, before i get something though i usually do as much research as possible, think i checked out forums and watched some youtubers for about 2weeks before i got my first kit, have been working with a colleague as well on the diy-juicing to try ease the budgethands which has been very helpful, would be nice to be able to get some juices every now and again though as all this steeping makes the waiting for good juices quite tough lol.

Big congrats on the 2years by the way :rock: when i tried the cigalike,ego vapes, whatevers, a few years ago it really didn't do anything for me even tried some other penstyle mods that just didn't cut it, i'm super stocked the industry has made such good progress on the tech even if we in south africa are still a little behind i'm finding it to be such a great transition, never at all what i expected.

My gf was trying to urge me to not get into vaping cause she knows how much i used to smoke and was convinced my kit was just gonna sit around, I've gone from about 1 & a half boxes of smokes a day (4-6boxes per weekend) to have only smoked 2-boxes in the last month+2weeks..pretty amazing i think for something i didn't even expect to work at all :-D

Thanks @ZirSire
I will say that i would not be here and enjoying vaping this much after two years if it weren't for the amazing people on this forum!

Thanks @ZirSire
I will say that i would not be here and enjoying vaping this much after two years if it weren't for the amazing people on this forum!
The people here are very helpful and at least that just makes it a lot more easier as the vape scene can get overwhelming quite quickly so everyone's on the same page when starting out.. which is nice, really been enjoying it all the little time i've been on :)

Hi Everyone. I have been vaping for a year now. Initially it was to give up cigarettes now its just FUN. i started off with a Kangertech and then moved on to a SMOK BEC Pro with a Kraken RBA and learnt to build my own coils from YOUTUBE vids. I have now moved on to the CLOUPER GT Mod with the SMOK TFV4 QuadCoil RBA. have a few other Atomizers like the PHANTOM, Nautilus.........loving the Vaping Scene. I also dabble in mixing e-juice flavors {I have a few interesting ones ;-) }

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone. I have been vaping for a year now. Initially it was to give up cigarettes now its just FUN. i started off with a Kangertech and then moved on to a SMOK BEC Pro with a Kraken RBA and learnt to build my own coils from YOUTUBE vids. I have now moved on to the CLOUPER GT Mod with the SMOK TFV4 QuadCoil RBA. have a few other Atomizers like the PHANTOM, Nautilus.........loving the Vaping Scene. I also dabble in mixing e-juice flavors {I have a few interesting ones ;-) } I also run a Facebook Page called VapingMad which i share what i have been doing with vaping - sort of like my personal vaping diary............

Hi there @Nevalan and welcome, not your average noob I see, Im guessing you'll fit in just fine. :)
As a tip, its easier if we dont have to guess where you're located when you're looking for something or events, that South Africa in your profile is a bit vague, doesnt have to be a suburb or street, but a town is good. :)

Back