Introduce Yourselves:

Hi Guys

I'm Steve. C# Software Dev and recent vaper. I have been cig free for about 6 weeks now. I went from an I just 2 to an Evic Vt. From buying coils to making them and from premium to diy in the span of 2 weeks from starting vaping. Don't know how long this journey is going to last but I found a great new hobby in vaping and love the community.

Hi Guys

I'm Steve. C# Software Dev and recent vaper. I have been cig free for about 6 weeks now. I went from an I just 2 to an Evic Vt. From buying coils to making them and from premium to diy in the span of 2 weeks from starting vaping. Don't know how long this journey is going to last but I found a great new hobby in vaping and love the community.
Hi Steve. Most welcome to the forum. Congrats on kicking the stinky habit - a huge achievement, as all us ex smokers know too well. You have really condensed the learning curve! Happy vaping.

Hi Guys

Steve, you sound like my shadow. I'm Stephen, a C# developer, and I recently started vaping too (though not as recently as you, I think). I also started on an iJust2.. Freaked out yet? :D

Welcome to the forum. I think you'll like it here. :)

Hi all,

Joined the forum a short while ago, but have actually been vaping (Twisp Clearo style) for the last 3 years. About 3 years ago my wife and I decided to try the vaping thing in order to smoke less (I was on 40 cigarettes a day) and somehow we ended up quitting smoking and only vaping.

Initially we vaped 18mg Nicotine and although we tried various flavours she settled on Peach and I settled on a mixture of Tabacco, Toasted tabacco and Honey Brittle. She went of the “cigratte” taste right since the start but I only made this decision about 4 weeks ago, when we started making our own mixes (and safe a hell of a lot of money not bying the Twisp jucies anymore).

During this time we also started diluting our 18mg Juice with 0mg juice, eventually settling at a strength of one 18mg to 4x 0mg juices (3.6mg).

About 2 weeks ago we bought her the Smok Ego Cloud kit, but have added 2 proper mods (Istick 30W and and Xpro M65 as she found the hit too strong (3.7V/0.5A gives about 28W). She now vapes at around 18W on those and am trying different DIY flavours (with the constant still being Peach).

I have bought myself the Vaporesso target kit and 2 extra tanks. I also got the XPRO M65 mod for my second tank in order to have the option of 2 flavours. Currently vaping at around 20W with the 0.9Ohm coil, and find that a lot more satisfying than the Twisp Clearo.

What we did find was that we were getting light-headed from the 4mg juice (vaping the big tanks constantly) but have since realised that we should tone down one the Nicotine for the bigger tanks. We have made a new batch last night at 1.2mg Nic and will see how that goes.

I will probably use the Twisp Clearo’s to get rid of the old stronger juice (for us), and then move to the bigger tanks exclusively. Time will tell :)

Anyway, that’s it. Loving the forum and learning so much on here.

Wecome to the forum @Carel1966 and thanks for the detailed intro
Congrats on the vaping and wishing you well for your vaping journey from here on!

Awe vaping peeps!

Hope all is good with the clouds!

So i have been vaping for like a week or so........ Lolz! Started on that kangertech kbox 50w thingy! I do not like! Lolz! My opinion! Im a lung hitter from the word go! So in this week i upped it to the smok m80 plus with a ijust2 tanky on there! Loving it! Need a griffin!

Love this forum as well! Some awesome helpers i have seen around! And i have learnt quite a bit just reading up and down these forums!

So shotters for the guys and girls that keep forums like this running! My stay here will be long and good, i know dat!

From the vaal.......
Keep chasin
Keep vapin

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum @zparky071
You doing a great thing!
Enjoy your stay and all the best for your vaping journey
Feel free to ask questions as you go along

Hi Guys

Welcome to the forum @Steve Claassen
Big congrats on stopping the stinkies! Superb achievement
Wow, rebuilding and DIY in 2 weeks - the hobby side has found you pretty quick!
Enjoy your stay here. Loads of expert coil builders and DIY folk gracing these pages

Hey Guys and Gals thought I'd introduce myself real quick since I have now moved on to joining the forums and being a bigger part of the Vape community

I'm Arno everyone calls me Nox (NoxFord) I've been using low level Vape devices for around 2 years now but Finally moved on to a good mod with tank, Thanx to Sumi I have been guided into the community on the right foot but I thought I'd join the forums and join the discussions on various subjects.

My Past devices were a Estick Light (Low end twisp) and then I got a Twisp gifted to me by Sumi. I now use a iStick Pico and I actually use the Melo III that comes with the kit aswell as a Billow v2 that's on loan to me at the moment so I can check out buildable tanks.

I'm looking forward to joining many discussion on the forum and getting to know some good Vape peeps.

PS. I have already started thinking about mixing my own juice as I am a little bit of a DIY guy (Mix my own beard oil and a bunch of other stuff)

Hey Guys and Gals thought I'd introduce myself real quick since I have now moved on to joining the forums and being a bigger part of the Vape community

I'm Arno everyone calls me Nox (NoxFord) I've been using low level Vape devices for around 2 years now but Finally moved on to a good mod with tank, Thanx to Sumi I have been guided into the community on the right foot but I thought I'd join the forums and join the discussions on various subjects.

My Past devices were a Estick Light (Low end twisp) and then I got a Twisp gifted to me by Sumi. I now use a iStick Pico and I actually use the Melo III that comes with the kit aswell as a Billow v2 that's on loan to me at the moment so I can check out buildable tanks.

I'm looking forward to joining many discussion on the forum and getting to know some good Vape peeps.

PS. I have already started thinking about mixing my own juice as I am a little bit of a DIY guy (Mix my own beard oil and a bunch of other stuff)
Hi @Arno "NoxFord" Steyn ! Welcome and thanks for joining us here on the greatest forum ever! (Was that a bit heavy handed? What can I say? I am biased) Always nice to have people join who have a long history with vaping! Would love you to share some beard-oil recipes if you don't plan on trademarking them! My beard could do with a bit of loving!

Most welcome to the forum, Nox. That iStick Pico is calling me! Looking forward to your contributions. And all the best with DIY - we have an awesome DIY community here to assist in your journey. Happy vaping.

How is the Pico working out for you?

How is the Pico working out for you?

Look the Pico is my first actual mod but I've had no Issues with it and I've had 3 different tanks on it other then the Melo that is. I love this little guy and Sumi and Alex both agree that it's a Nice mod and for the Price it really performs I've vaped off of a couple of mods that friends have and I must say for a mini tank the Melo performs really well and the Mod has no problem keeping up with standard mods since it has all the regulation adjustments you'll need even for building. one thing to note is it won't fit a 25mm tank since it has a battery cap that protrudes outward on the top of the mod to keep the smaller form factor.

Greetings,

I started vaping December 2015, I went from 3 Cartons a month to only 4 e-juice bottles per month! Never touched a cigarette since(smoking 10 years), I started on the Twisp Edge, and about two weeks ago I bought a Subvod and everything changed. I think I found a new hobby:afro:, now I am looking for a Mod and a nice tank. Sooooo many stuff to choose from:starwars-smiley: .

Greetings,

I started vaping December 2015, I went from 3 Cartons a month to only 4 e-juice bottles per month! Never touched a cigarette since(smoking 10 years), I started on the Twisp Edge, and about two weeks ago I bought a Subvod and everything changed. I think I found a new hobby:afro:, now I am looking for a Mod and a nice tank. Sooooo many stuff to choose from:starwars-smiley: .
Hi @J.P

Welcome to the forum and awesome stuff on quitting the cigarettes after 10 years! Vaping very soon becomes an (awesome) hobby and you're right that there are so many gear options to choose from.

I see that you're in the Free State. I'm not sure whereabout in the province you are, but (if you want to check out some mods and tanks in person; of course there's also a selection of great online vendors on this forum) Vapemaxx in Harrismith and Vikings Vape in Bloem both have a good selection of gear and juices at very good prices.

www.vapemaxx.co.za
www.vikingsvape.co.za

There is also apparently a vape shop in Parys called Vapor Dome.

All the best!

Thank you for the response, I bought my Subvod from Vikings Vape. Great service. Will be posting allot of questions soon:flamethrower2:

Thank you for the response, I bought my Subvod from Vikings Vape. Great service. Will be posting allot of questions soon:flamethrower2:
Sure thing - Fire away whenever you're ready! Any questions that you post on this forum are guaranteed to be met with a barrage of informative responses within minutes (just be prepared that if you ask which mods or tanks would be recommended, you might end up less sure than before you asked - many strong and passionate opinions ;))

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum @J.P
Congrats on stopping the stinkies. That is a great achievement after 10 years!
Onward and upward
Enjoy your stay

*Clears throat* looks shyly at everyone in the room and takes a seat amongst my fellow Vapers

Sent from my GT-I9195

Lol, Neil @Vaping Charm , thanks for the intro ;-)
Although we have spoken before, welcome "officially"....

Welcome to the forum @J.P
Congrats on stopping the stinkies. That is a great achievement after 10 years!
Onward and upward
Enjoy your stay

Thanks, learning a lot already. I have a Kanger Toptank nano from the Subvod, which mod would be best for the tank, also does anyone know on the SSOC 0.5, the max supported wattage?

Thanks, learning a lot already. I have a Kanger Toptank nano from the Subvod, which mod would be best for the tank, also does anyone know on the SSOC 0.5, the max supported wattage?
You can't go wrong with the VTC mini.

Back