Introduce Yourselves:

Hi Guys,

Been a smoker for 18 odd years, Kicked it a month ago and is off the nic a few days now :CRAZYTROLL:. Vaping since march.

I'm actively building coils and mixing some juices. My favourite local premium juices so far is definetly
Paulies - Coffee Cake, Der Galgen - Mango Meringue, Mr Hardwicks - Debby Does Donuts and Opus - Rhapsody.

Configs:
Kbox 200 & iStick Pico paired with Aromamizer, Melo 3 Mini, Melo 2, Twisted Messes 2 & Pirate Flag
Geek Vape 521 Master Kit
200g/0.01g scale

Hi Guys,

Been a smoker for 18 odd years, Kicked it a month ago and is off the nic a few days now :CRAZYTROLL:. Vaping since march.

I'm actively building coils and mixing some juices. My favourite local premium juices so far is definetly
Paulies - Coffee Cake, Der Galgen - Mango Meringue, Mr Hardwicks - Debby Does Donuts and Opus - Rhapsody.

Configs:
Kbox 200 & iStick Pico paired with Aromamizer, Melo 3 Mini, Melo 2, Twisted Messes 2 & Pirate Flag
Geek Vape 521 Master Kit
200g/0.01g scale
Most welcome to the forum. A huge congrats on kicking the stinky habit. You have very quickly built up an impressive set of gear and juices. Happy vaping and diying.

Most welcome to the forum. A huge congrats on kicking the stinky habit. You have very quickly built up an impressive set of gear and juices. Happy vaping and diying.

Thank you for the welcome Andre. Yeah my vaping experience pretty much snowballed.

Received the Aromamiser and pirate flags as gifts and looking to get the Avocado 24 next.

In time I'll be a respected mixologist and might even launch a juice line :)

What's up peeps! So it took me about 4-6 months to mentally prepare for one of the hardest things i have ever had to do. Quit smoking. I have tried many times in the past, the longest quitting time being about 3 days. After the mental preparation and growing to hate smoking more and more every day, my homie Peter from @ComplexChaos , hooked me up with a Subtank mini kit to start out, which has quickly turned into a hobby / obsession :p
Now with a decent setup, 2 months and 9days down without one stinky after smoking quite heavily for about 13/14years. Good Times. Don't miss it at all.

Officially, welcome @Greg Psaros - better late than not
Congrats on your 2 months - great achievement!
Wishing you all the best with your vape journey from here on
Enjoy your stay

Hi guys I'm Muhammad, been vaping on and off for about a year but got serious into it a month ago (trying to get off the stinkies), all previous gear has been rehomed and my current setup consists of:
-RX200 (black and red, upgraded firmware to 250w)
-Griffin 22 RTA (black)
-DotMod Petri V2 with the Dotcap (black)
-3 Samsung 25r's
-3 LG HG2's
-Nitecore D4 charger
I've tried a variety of e liquids both international and local, international is an occasional treat but local is lekker, for me personally all Paulie's e liquid and a long list of favorites from The E Liquid Project keeps me happy and doesn't hurt the pocket too much ☺

Belated welcome @Moey_Ismail - i think we may have interacted on another thread
Congrats on the new vaping focus - that is amazing gear you have - enjoy!
All the best from here on

Howdy. From Joburg/Centurion. Been vaping off and on for a couple of years, via 3 different basic pen-style starter kits. Haven't been overly successful with them, to be honest. Recently got a couple of MPT3s and so far I'm impressed. They seem to be quite a step up! Of course my old pen-style batteries have now started to give up on me, and were not overly powerful to begin with, which I was told might be the reason my MPT3s with replacement VOCC = virtually zero flavour. So I'm looking into a 'proper' setup soon - trawling through a million and one reviews of each though trying to decide on which. Looks like a Kanger Topbox Mini kit is on the cards (unless anyone here gives me a reason to not go that route?).

Be warned - I have zero fear about asking a zillion noob questions, so might be rather chatty :). Especially seeing as I haven't been overly successful with gear up till now.

Belated welcome @Stooge
I will also vouch for the Toptank Mini as a good starting out tank. Nice that you can use commercial and rebuildable coils. Not sure if you got it already - i havent caught up with the rest of the thread
All the best

I think I probably introduced myself already via a thread I made asking questions.

Typical twisp story, didn't know any better, which is stupid on my part since I have internet access, but I do manage to trip on flat surfaces more often than I should admit in public. I now wish I had the money back to spend on more gear.

Then met a random guy at a braai who had a kbox and told me where to go to get sorted. I am now starting to realise that nicotine goes hand in hand with an addictive personality as I read up about vaping and want to know more and yes, buy more :CHUKKLING:

So far only really nice people here with a bunch of knowledge they readily willing to share.

Thanks!

Welcome @Feliks Karp
Glad you found us and you are right, lots of experienced and helpful folk here
All the best with your vape journey from here - enjoy

Thank you for the welcome Andre. Yeah my vaping experience pretty much snowballed.

Received the Aromamiser and pirate flags as gifts and looking to get the Avocado 24 next.

In time I'll be a respected mixologist and might even launch a juice line :)

and about time to but I wont take the credit for your kit, that's your own doing ;):pancarta:

Hi all I'm Albert I am from alberton I smoked for 7 years.
I started vaping 3 months ago.
And I'm going strong.
I am using a sigelei 90w tc
And a smok TF-RTA G2 tank

Hi all I'm Albert I am from alberton I smoked for 7 years.
I started vaping 3 months ago.
And I'm going strong.
I am using a sigelei 90w tc
And a smok TF-RTA G2 tank

Welcome to the forum @Albert92 - lovely avatar pic!
Congrats on the 3 months and going strong. Great achievement
Feel free to ask questions as you go along
Enjoy your stay

Welcome @Mark121m. Nice build man. Iv also recently gotten into coil building and having tons of fun with it. YouTube has become a good tool for ideas and the how to.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@DrSirus-88 ive been on youtube 1nce for the Goblin mini v2 Build there after its just been build until its correct for me. mostly its 2nd time its working right.

Ahoy!

So I am Psy and I stumbled upon this forum to learn more about vapes and vaping.
I do not smoke and vaping interests me but not something I need or want to do really, just grab my friends on the odd occasion to have a taste.

So yeah, see you all around!

Ahoy!

So I am Psy and I stumbled upon this forum to learn more about vapes and vaping.
I do not smoke and vaping interests me but not something I need or want to do really, just grab my friends on the odd occasion to have a taste.

Welcome to the forums @PsyCLown . Just a heads up, any of my friends dare to touch my vape and they're going to lose their hand, so hopefully your friends are better people than me!

I can't say I advocate vaping to a non-smoker, but wouldn't want to appear hypocritical either. On the plus side, the more people that are educated about vaping the better IMO. Anyway, I've blabbered enough, welcome! ;)

Hi all

Completely new at vaping with a twisp clearo device and will be depending on your input.

Thanks

BTW, I have been smoking since 1977 and got a scare when my doctor told me that my lungs were not looking too great. So stopped the cigs (40 a day) on 15th March 2016 and got the twisp. It helped a helluva lot with the withdrawal symptoms and I haven't touched a cig since.

Still looking for a better and cheaper option than a twisp - they are TOOOOO expensive with their juices - R180 for 20ml - ridiculous when other juices are less than half that price.

So if you can offer any advice regarding a decent starter kit, please place your comments on my thread http://www.ecigssa.co.za/e-cigarette-advice.t23184/

Thanks

Last edited:
Ahoy!

Welcome to the forum @PsyCLown
Lots of info here - so enjoy
My advice to you if you are not a smoker is rather stay away from the nicotine if you can
Lots of great zero milligram juices and flavours to keep you happy

Hi all

Completely new at vaping with a twisp clearo device and will be depending on your input.
Thanks

Welcome to the forum @ddk1979
Lots of info here and I am sure you will get great advice, if not already on other threads
I stopped smoking on the Twisp Clearo in Oct 2013. It worked for me. But I felt i wanted more.
Today, there is a plethora of amazing higher powered devices and a wide juice selection to give you a great vape and its so much easier than it was back then.
I would say go for the TopTank Mini setup from Kanger. You can build your own coils and use commercial bought coils - and the flavour and intensity will be far better than the Clearo. They are stocked by several vendors on this forum.

Enjoy

Hi all

Thanks

Hey @ddk1979, firstly, welcome to the Forum, this is a awesome place, I am also fairly new to this forum, but in my short stay here I have met so many great people and made many friends and bugged the living hell out of a couple of people with questions and so, @Silver, @Rob Fisher, can vouch for that, lmao. I'm sure you will find this forum just as informative and helpful as I have, secondly, where about in Cape Town are you, if you want to have a chat, please feel free to contact me, I live in Paarl and work in Brackenfell.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum @ddk1979

I would say go for the TopTank Mini setup from Kanger. You can build your own coils and use commercial bought coils - and the flavour and intensity will be far better than the Clearo. They are stocked by several vendors on this forum.

Enjoy

Thanks.

I opened up a thread at http://www.ecigssa.co.za/e-cigarette-advice.t23184/ regarding a setup - I see you posted a comment there as well.

Everyone has been very patient, kind and extremely helpful. Really seems as if this is a great forum.

Welcome newbies
Hi Grant.

Well I'm new here.

I generally don't do Forums these days but I got suggested to join the forum by Doug and Paulie.

I have been vaping for well over two years but only recently started getting into the community of vaping.
Started out back in the day on an Ego and went to a Kanger Sub tank then to a Kbox and so forth.
My current mods are a DripBox and an RX200.
I am mostly a dripper person as I prefer the building process.

I have been mixing for quite a while and have been honing the craft. Been working for a few months on some flavours that I use as my ADV's.
Maybe in the future I might do a line or something but for now it's all about the art of mixing and teaching myself the art.

Hi Grant.

Well I'm new here.

I generally don't do Forums these days but I got suggested to join the forum by Doug and Paulie.

I have been vaping for well over two years but only recently started getting into the community of vaping.
Started out back in the day on an Ego and went to a Kanger Sub tank then to a Kbox and so forth.
My current mods are a DripBox and an RX200.
I am mostly a dripper person as I prefer the building process.

I have been mixing for quite a while and have been honing the craft. Been working for a few months on some flavours that I use as my ADV's.
Maybe in the future I might do a line or something but for now it's all about the art of mixing and teaching myself the art.
Hi @Zacdaniel ! Welcome to the forums!

You definitely seem to know what you're doing, it's always nice to have someone join who already knows exactly what they're doing! Hope you find a home here with us, and can give us a tip or two on the DIY front!

This is where our juice makers seem to congregate...

http://www.ecigssa.co.za/calling-all-diyers.t10799/page-72#post-370509

Have fun!

Back