Introduce Yourselves:

Hi All.
I'm Leon from Harare,Zimbabwe

Not really new to vaping but new on here. Very nice forum you guys have and welldone with the capetown vape festival. I would have loved to have been there.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi all

Been reading various topics here for some months now, decided this was the time to join so I can benefit from the Jhb meet next weekend...lol.
Seriously though, been vaping for about 8 months now. Still on stinkies but they now have to go for life reasons. Have cut those from 30 pd to 10-15 pd so well on the way to stopping.

Started with K-Box 120 and Cubis tank, then a Steam Engine. Now using a RS 200s with Petri v2 & RTA. The K-Box still in use as it fits the pocket easier.

My son (also on here somewhere) is the source of great frustration to me atm. He bought me a coil making set, now I can't get the wire I want from a single source...not possible as far as I can see. Will have to get from 2 or 3 places...extra shipping costs.

Anyway, look forward to learning from you all and possibly being able to contribute in time.

Last edited:
Hi All.

Not really new to vaping but new on here. Very nice forum you guys have and welldone with the capetown vape festival. I would have loved to have been there.

Most welcome to the forum. Glad to have another from Zim join the party. Happy vaping.

Hello all

Been lurking on the forum for a while, so I thought it's about time I joined in the fun and games.

I've been vaping for about 3 months now, but I think I'm a bit of a fanatic as I read up a lot and watch (too many) Youtube vaping vids. My route into vaping isn't the normal story that most people take. Thing is, I've never been a smoker, apart from a decent cigar on occasion. I absolutely hate stinkies with a passion. "So, why are you vaping?" I hear you cry.

Well, for years I've been trying to get the missus to kick the evil habit. About a year ago I bought her a Twisp and managed to convince her to give it a go. After trying it for a while, she started liking it, and started "Twisping" more. Shortly thereafter, other family members started vaping, and went for it in a big way - my brother started mixing his own juice and the bug bit.

I must admit the smells were awesome - way better than the awful stench of the stinkies. Instead of standing outside and smoking (because I can't stand the smell of stinkies) they were allowed to vape inside :-D. At the beginning of the year, the missus decided she wanted a mod so she could enjoy the awesome flavours that the rest of the family were enjoying.

As a way of supporting her on the journey out of stinkie-land, I tried a few puffs of juice and the flavours were amazing! Didn't like the nic, but tried some 0mg juice, and dayyam - the flavours were amazing! I bought her a mod for her birthday, and ended up with one myself, strictly 0mg juices for me.

What started out as support for family members became a hobby. The bug bit (and hard!) and here I am, cloud and flavour chasing :-D. I love the technical aspects of vaping, and have just bought my first RDA to pursue my flavour obsession. I don't vape extensively (I leave my mod at home during the day), but enjoy a couple of puffs at home at night and when out and about on weekends.

My primary mission has been achieved - the missus has kicked the stinkies, and vapes on her mod using 3mg juice, as well as her Twisp (on occasion). We now have a hobby in common, and I think this has indeed helped her kick the stinkies.

If anyone else has gone down this unusual route, I'd like to hear your story!

Oh yeah, my rig consists of an Asmodus Ohmsmium with a Big Baby Beast tank, which I run at 0.15 ohms using the T8 coils - awesome clouds and flavour! My preferred juice flavours seem to run to the fruity/dessert styles. As I type, I'm busy vaping The Vaping Industry's Signature 1 juice - absolutely awesome coffee flavours! Other favourites are NCV Trinity, Vapour Mountain Slice and Creamy Clouds Cheeky Cherry to name a few.

Glad to join the community - I have found vape peeps to be really friendly and welcoming. See you around and keep on blowing them clouds!
Awesome introduction and a most sensible approach imo. Most welcome to the forum. Happy vaping to you and HRH.

Hello all

Been lurking on the forum for a while, so I thought it's about time I joined in the fun and games.

I've been vaping for about 3 months now, but I think I'm a bit of a fanatic as I read up a lot and watch (too many) Youtube vaping vids. My route into vaping isn't the normal story that most people take. Thing is, I've never been a smoker, apart from a decent cigar on occasion. I absolutely hate stinkies with a passion. "So, why are you vaping?" I hear you cry.

Well, for years I've been trying to get the missus to kick the evil habit. About a year ago I bought her a Twisp and managed to convince her to give it a go. After trying it for a while, she started liking it, and started "Twisping" more. Shortly thereafter, other family members started vaping, and went for it in a big way - my brother started mixing his own juice and the bug bit.

I must admit the smells were awesome - way better than the awful stench of the stinkies. Instead of standing outside and smoking (because I can't stand the smell of stinkies) they were allowed to vape inside :-D. At the beginning of the year, the missus decided she wanted a mod so she could enjoy the awesome flavours that the rest of the family were enjoying.

As a way of supporting her on the journey out of stinkie-land, I tried a few puffs of juice and the flavours were amazing! Didn't like the nic, but tried some 0mg juice, and dayyam - the flavours were amazing! I bought her a mod for her birthday, and ended up with one myself, strictly 0mg juices for me.

What started out as support for family members became a hobby. The bug bit (and hard!) and here I am, cloud and flavour chasing :-D. I love the technical aspects of vaping, and have just bought my first RDA to pursue my flavour obsession. I don't vape extensively (I leave my mod at home during the day), but enjoy a couple of puffs at home at night and when out and about on weekends.

My primary mission has been achieved - the missus has kicked the stinkies, and vapes on her mod using 3mg juice, as well as her Twisp (on occasion). We now have a hobby in common, and I think this has indeed helped her kick the stinkies.

Oh yeah, my rig consists of an Asmodus Ohmsmium with a Big Baby Beast tank, which I run at 0.15 ohms using the T8 coils - awesome clouds and flavour! My preferred juice flavours seem to run to the fruity/dessert styles. As I type, I'm busy vaping The Vaping Industry's Signature 1 juice - absolutely awesome coffee flavours! Other favourites are NCV Trinity, Vapour Mountain Slice and Creamy Clouds Cheeky Cherry to name a few.

Glad to join the community - I have found vape peeps to be really friendly and welcoming. See you around and keep on blowing them clouds!

Welcome to the forum @SouthernCelt
Congrats on the missus giving up stinkies! Way to go.
I would normally try dissuade non smokers from starting to vape but supporting the missus I guess is a major win.
Enjoy your stay!

PS - I see you are in Roodepoort, check out the upcoming ECIGSSA JHB Vape Meet on Sat 1 April
Going to be a blast!
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/ecigssa-jhb-vapemeet-saturday-1-april-2017.t34544/

Hi all

Been reading various topics here for some months now, decided this was the time to join so I can benefit from the Jhb meet next weekend...lol.
Seriously though, been vaping for about 8 months now. Still on stinkies but they now have to go for life reasons. Have cut those from 30 pd to 10-15 pd so well on the way to stopping.

Started with K-Box 120 and Cubis tank, then a Steam Engine. Now using a RS 200s with Petri v2 & RTA. The K-Box still in use as it fits the pocket easier.

My son (also on here somewhere) is the source of great frustration to me atm. He bought me a coil making set, now I can't get the wire I want from a single source...not possible as far as I can see. Will have to get from 2 or 3 places...extra shipping costs.

Anyway, look forward to learning from you all and possibly being able to contribute in time.

Welcome to the forum @Stillwaters
Congrats on the vaping and cutting down on the smokes
This is a journey and as I am sure your son will explain, one needs to find a vape and several juices that you love. Takes some time and experimentation but when you find what you like it is plain sailing.
Enjoy the forum and looking forward to the Vape Meet.

Hi Everyone

Have to say, we South Africans are a unique happy bunch of individuals. We might be behind in a few things like manufacturing etc but when it comes to liquids looks like its getting better everyday.

Being vaping a few years now, started with Twisps, left them for Kangertech and never looked back. Recently I just got the Juppi mod and have to say the taste is the best I have had so far and its so easy to wick, I have been saving alot of money on coils, I think I have found the one.

The Phillip Rocke Signature series Strawberry Ice Cream is my best liquid, but I haven't had it in a long time now, seems no one in SA are selling them anymore, wonder why? Local juices, NCV and Nostalgia are my favorites.

Stopped the ciggies, my aim eventually is to end the vaping as well.

My fear is I just hope 10 or 15 years down the line they don't come out with a report with some health surprises for us vapors, but as with anything moderation is good.

My next step in vape evolution is stealth smoking and I am on 3 MG.

Thanks for this forum, it really is the place to be!

Best Regards
MMK

Hi Everyone

Have to say, we South Africans are a unique happy bunch of individuals. We might be behind in a few things like manufacturing etc but when it comes to liquids looks like its getting better everyday.

Being vaping a few years now, started with Twisps, left them for Kangertech and never looked back. Recently I just got the Juppi mod and have to say the taste is the best I have had so far and its so easy to wick, I have been saving alot of money on coils, I think I have found the one.

The Phillip Rocke Signature series Strawberry Ice Cream is my best liquid, but I haven't had it in a long time now, seems no one in SA are selling them anymore, wonder why? Local juices, NCV and Nostalgia are my favorites.

My fear is I just hope 10 or 15 years down the line they don't come out with a report with some health surprises for us vapors, but as with anything moderation is good.

Best Regards
MMK

Welcome to the forum @MMK
Congrats on the vaping and kicking the stinkies. Super achievement!
Sounds like you found your happy place and thats great!
You are very right, we have lots of local talent on the juice front. Many say our best here compares favourably to the best juices internationally.
Enjoy the forum and all the best for your journey from here on

Hi I am TheLegend27, been vaping for over a year now with a few cigs here and there.
Joined to discuss juice reviews on the site and give my opinion on things.
Hope to be an active member and support the vape community.

Hello @TheLegend27 and welcome to the forum.

Hi Everyone

Best Regards
MMK

Hello @MMK and welcome to the forum. I too went from twisp to kangertech... I even had one of them notorious NEBOX mods and I loved it!! Leaked on me only once in my front jeans pocket and had me walking around Dubai airport looking like I couldn't make it to the bathroom in time or i just got off a flight with the worlds hottest air hostesses doing their job in the nude... Either way... It served me well for a full 2 years.

Hi All.

Hello @Tororizer and welcome to the forum

Hello all

Hello @SouthernCelt and welcome to the forum. Interesting intro and what a way to catch the vaping bug!! #Legendary

Hi all

Hello @Stillwaters and welcome to the forum. I hope you find everything you're looking for as there is no better place to start

Hi to all the new members,

I made a new years resolution that I would greet everyone by name that introduce themselves in this thread.
I have had a hectic time on the grind these last 2 weeks so it's quite the backlog.

@Ben-j @JCNaik @FaMZo @Wayne Swanepoel @Chan-Telly @KyleSociety @Vape_Moe @Roddy @Arno Nomdo @DwaynePsytrooper @TheLegend27 @Tororizer @SouthernCelt @Stillwaters @MMK

Really want to welcome you all, enjoy the forum to the max!!!
Thank you so much for taking time to introduce yourselves.
This is a great place full of all the info you would need.
Best of luck on your vaping journeys.

Hi all.

Just signed up last week. Moved from analogues to vaping just over 3 years ago. Started off on a good old eGo-T, then added a Protank III, then moved onto the twisp range and finally moved up to an iJust S a couple of weeks ago. Whole new (3mg) world opened to me. Twisp was great as a convenience, but so glad I've moved on to something with a little more oomph. Just got some Complex Chaos Mallowshake and Freaky Loops which I'm dying to try, but got a tank full of Cosmic Fog Nutz at the moment.

Hobbies include: Scale model car building, gaming (on PC and Xbox) and photography.

Hi all.

Just signed up last week. Moved from analogues to vaping just over 3 years ago. Started off on a good old eGo-T, then added a Protank III, then moved onto the twisp range and finally moved up to an iJust S a couple of weeks ago. Whole new (3mg) world opened to me. Twisp was great as a convenience, but so glad I've moved on to something with a little more oomph. Just got some Complex Chaos Mallowshake and Freaky Loops which I'm dying to try, but got a tank full of Cosmic Fog Nutz at the moment.

Hobbies include: Scale model car building, gaming (on PC and Xbox) and photography.
Most welcome to the forum vaping veteran friend. Enjoy your stay. Happy vaping.

Hi all.

Hello @FiveStarZA and welcome to the forum. That mallowshake is a real treat in the right set up... I went through a whole 30ml in a day and a half

Hi. My name is Wynand and I am a nicotine addict.

I started smoking very young and thus have been smoking at least a packed of 20 for the last 10-12 years. In that time i have stop smoking a few times but never longer than 4 months.

I had a twisp for a while but it did not last. At this point in my life I am ready to leave the smokes behind for good. I were referred to this site by a member of another unrelated forum called wild dogs adventure riding. I have not started vaping as of yet but will dive into this forum to find help full info and tips to help me choose the correct device.

I am very new to this and very uninformed and could use all the help I can get. My aim is to leave smokes in my past and if I can do it cheaper that would be a plus.

Just for reference, I currently smoke a 12mg tar and 1mg nicotine sigarette. I will need something thats capable of handling that need.

For now I think that is all the info you guys and girls need from me. If there is anything else, you are welcome to ask. I will be doing alot of reading and will ask a question from time to time. I will also be stopping at vapemob in willowbridge within the next week to see what is out there and what I need and what is the cost involved.

Thanks for having me.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

I started smoking very young and thus have been smoking at least a packed of 20 for the last 10-12 years. In that time i have stop smoking a few times but never longer than 4 months.

I had a twisp for a while but it did not last. At this point in my life I am ready to leave the smokes behind for good. I were referred to this site by a member of another unrelated forum called wild dogs adventure riding. I have not started vaping as of yet but will dive into this forum to find help full info and tips to help me choose the correct device.

I am very new to this and very uninformed and could use all the help I can get. My aim is to leave smokes in my past and if I can do it cheaper that would be a plus.

Just for reference, I currently smoke a 12mg tar and 1mg nicotine sigarette. I will need something thats capable of handling that need.

For now I think that is all the info you guys and girls need from me. If there is anything else, you are welcome to ask. I will be doing alot of reading and will ask a question from time to time. I will also be stopping at vapemob in willowbridge within the next week to see what is out there and what I need and what is the cost involved.

Thanks for having me.

Hi @Franky3. Most welcome to the forum. Yip, best you can do is to visit a vape shop and test out some gear and juices. More vape shops in your area are Vape Cartel and Foggas Vape Lounge, which I can think of now.
All the best with your journey. Keep us updated please.
Happy vaping.

Thanks for having me.

Welcome @Franky3 !

The information on this forum proved invaluable to me when I started out! One thing that I would stress is that you must feel free to ask whatever questions you have. I would sit for days trying to figure things out that someone on here could have answered in seconds, but I was too nervous to ask. There are no stupid questions, so whatever they may be just put them down, and there are many people on here that would love to help you out!

Hi guys, my name is Lee. I'm from durban. I have been vaping for around 4 years, and sub ohm'n for around 2.
Been through multiple evods back in the day.
Current stock includes couple of ijust2 batteries, atlantis aspire, tesla 80w tc mod and augvape alleria, ud goblin 1.2 and a ton of diy liquids.
Still on the stinkies but cut down quite a bit
I've been reading the forum for a few months and finally decided to post. Glad to be here

Hi
My nick is FluffyBunnyFeet, im fairly new to vaping (from last Octbober). Unfortunately i made a huge mistake with buying the eLeaf iJustS. however i am in the market for the Smok Alien.
0mg Juice for social events and during Liverpool matches (its become to stressful watching the best team in the world)
i quit smoking 11 years ago (the craving never goes but vaping does provide an alternative)
BTW my son calls my iJUstS the "Doom"

Hi
My nick is FluffyBunnyFeet, im fairly new to vaping (from last Octbober). Unfortunately i made a huge mistake with buying the eLeaf iJustS. however i am in the market for the Smok Alien.
0mg Juice for social events and during Liverpool matches (its become to stressful watching the best team in the world)
i quit smoking 11 years ago (the craving never goes but vaping does provide an alternative)
BTW my son calls my iJUstS the "Doom"

Welcome @fluffybunnyfeet
Wishing you all the best for your vaping journey from here
Enjoy your stay

Hi guys, my name is Lee. I'm from durban. I have been vaping for around 4 years, and sub ohm'n for around 2.
Current stock includes couple of ijust2 batteries, atlantis aspire, tesla 80w tc mod and augvape alleria, ud goblin 1.2 and a ton of diy liquids.
I've been reading the forum for a few months and finally decided to post. Glad to be here
Welcome @LeeGov ! That is quite a while you've been on the vape scene!

Love it when a lurker decides to jump into the pit with the rest of us!

As a matter of interest what has kept the stinkines in the picture considering you've been vaping for so long?

Glad to have you here vape veteran, @LeeGov. All the best in kicking those last few stinkies. Happy vaping.

Back