Introduce Yourselves:

Thank you @Silver giving myself 21days to quit smoking excited yet nervous. Lol

Don't put too much pressure on yourself.
Even if you cut down to half for a month or two that's a big achievement !
Each person is different. Some switch to Vaping overnight. Others take quite a while.

But am holding thumbs for you

Don't put too much pressure on yourself.
Even if you cut down to half for a month or two that's a big achievement !
Each person is different. Some switch to Vaping overnight. Others take quite a while.

But am holding thumbs for you
Haha i tried doing the cold turkey way and it didn't work so i know by giving myself 21 days u can mentally prepare for that day. And after vaping then going for a smoke it tastes absolutely horrible . but thanks @Silver super excited.

Hi, I'm Riekert.
I started vaping february this year as a hobby, quit smoking the good ol fashioned way 8 years ago, I started with a wismex reux rx3/2 and a smok tfv8, I then got myself the pharaoh rda, as I kinda got addicted to buiding coils. I also diy my juice.... Looking forward to learning a lot from the more experienced members...

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Hi, I'm Riekert.
I started vaping february this year as a hobby, quit smoking the good ol fashioned way 8 years ago, I started with a wismex reux rx3/2 and a smok tfv8, I then got myself the pharaoh rda, as I kinda got addicted to buiding coils. I also diy my juice.... Looking forward to learning a lot from the more experienced members...

Most welcome to the forum @5p1nn3k0p. Enjoy your stay. Happy vaping.

Hi guys, my name is Leon, from Durban South, vaped on the twisp for about 2 years, really enjoyed that until I got a serious chest infection and stopped altogether. very recently stress got the better if me and I had 2 options, analogues or vaping, thankfully I bought myself the Smok stick TFV8 and I've been enjoying it for about 2 months now, also just got myself the istick 60 watt.

amazed at how far vaping had come since the twisp days, this forum is brilliant with a wealth of information.

Thanks
Leon

Hi guys, my name is Leon, from Durban South, vaped on the twisp for about 2 years, really enjoyed that until I got a serious chest infection and stopped altogether. very recently stress got the better if me and I had 2 options, analogues or vaping, thankfully I bought myself the Smok stick TFV8 and I've been enjoying it for about 2 months now, also just got myself the istick 60 watt.

amazed at how far vaping had come since the twisp days, this forum is brilliant with a wealth of information.

Thanks
Leon
Welcome Leon!

Always love seeing another Durban vaper join us here! Things have changed a lot in two years! Even since I started just over a year ago there have been HUGE advances.

What sorts of juices do you like?

thank you kindly for the welcome, 3mg fruit flavors are my fancy at present, but looking to find a good Tobacco flavour.

thank you kindly for the welcome, 3mg fruit flavors are my fancy at present, but looking to find a good Tobacco flavour.
I'm also a fan of the fruits, more specifically menthol fruits. XXX from Vapour Mountain has been the long-standing champion in my tanks, but there is a new one hopefully coming out from Sickboy77 that is really tasty, and then loving Brain Freeze by Naked 100 (sold by Vaperite).

Tobaccos are really not my thing, so sadly can't recommend anything personally. I think Vape Cartel have a Special Reserve that is quite popular, as well as VM4 from Vapour Mountain.

Howzit . My friends call me Morrie . After 20 odd years of stinkies I am cured for 2 years now . I started vaping about 5 months ago and got rapidly sucked in , in a positive way. I quickly got on to a steep learning curve and I am now at a stage where I build my own coils and just started to get into diy e juice . I have found this forum an treasure trove of information and after lurking for a couple of months have now decided to join . I really enjoy the knowledgeable discussions that takes place on here and hope to contribute what little I can.
@Morrie ,@CaveTroll ,@SuzukiRM_2smoke ,@StaceyJ,@WELIHF , welcome to all new members. I can only hope that everyone has the same great experience that I've been having on the forum.Vapeing ,aside from improving my health after a heart attack also has introduced me to some wonderful people who always have been encouraging and helpful,my day seems incomplete until I log in to catch up with forum friends and issues. I sincerely hope though you guys do not pick up my gear addiction as I wouldn't wish it on an enemy.lol Seriously ,have fun and welcome aboard!

Hi, I'm Riekert.I started vaping february this year as a hobby, quit smoking the good ol fashioned way 8 years ago, I started with a wismex reux rx3/2 and a smok tfv8, I then got myself the pharaoh rda, as I kinda got addicted to buiding coils. I also diy my juice.... Looking forward to learning a lot from the more experienced members...

@625386 ,@5p1nn3k0p ,@playa4life , welcome to the forum.

Hi, I'm Riekert.

Welcome to the forum @5p1nn3k0p
Lots of experienced helpful vapers here
Enjoy your stay

Thanks
Leon

Welcome to the forum @625386
Congrats on choosing vaping.
Enjoy your stay and all the best from here on

Hello everybody :)

My name is shaunnadan but most of you can call me shaunnadan

I've recently quite smoking thanks to a ce4 and a vision spinner battery and I'm really glad to have found this forum....

And now I'm really glad to be back !

I've recently quite smoking thanks to a ce4 and a vision spinner battery and I'm really glad to have found this forum....

Good to have you back @shaunnadan !

Hi, I'm Riekert.

Hello @5p1nn3k0p and welcome to the forum

Thanks
Leon

Hello @625386 and welcome to the forum

Hello @shaunnadan and welcome back to the forum... This explains a lot lol

Hi peeps, long overdue intro...

So I started vaping around 6 months ago, went to a Twisp outlet, bought an Aero X and was somewhat happy with that. A month or two later, I bought a Pico with Melo 3 tank and been using that since (quite happy with the Melo 3). Bought a few flavours from the VK outlet but the idea of making my own juice was very tempting. So, I did a lot of research and reading and now for the past 3 weeks, been DIY'ing e-liquids. This forum has been my main source of info and I just got to say that I'm really glad to now be part of this community.

So I started vaping around 6 months ago, went to a Twisp outlet, bought an Aero X and was somewhat happy with that. A month or two later, I bought a Pico with Melo 3 tank and been using that since (quite happy with the Melo 3). Bought a few flavours from the VK outlet but the idea of making my own juice was very tempting. So, I did a lot of research and reading and now for the past 3 weeks, been DIY'ing e-liquids. This forum has been my main source of info and I just got to say that I'm really glad to now be part of this community.

Hello @daWolf and welcome to the forum.

Most welcome to the forum @daWolf. DIY is great fun, enjoy. Happy vaping.

G'day people,

I started vaping in March with an Aspire ESP and Nautilus MTL tank, that was donated to me by my mate. Gave up on the Marlboros the same day (I wanted to stop, since I've been on the stinkies for 30-odd years) and haven't looked back yet, still got 7 packets + 1 ciggy sitting here, doing nothing. Had a few twitchy cravings at times, inititally, but the Aspire kept me out of the poo and by now, the cravings are only a fading memory.
The problem now is between a Pico, a Pico Dual, a Wismec Predator and an asMODus Minikin V2 and quite a few RDA's and RDTA's this is going to bankrupt me!!! I guess, I'd better start seeing about mixing my own, since this has gotten a tad on the expensive side :) I've been vaping Mad Hatter, Paulies Coffee Cake, The Fog Machine's Tipsy Tart, NCV's Trinity, Vape Africa's Roasted Hazelnut and as a palate cleanser, Vapour Mountain's XXX. Can't recall what I used in the MTL job, which has found a new home and hopefully a new convert/ex smoker, but I recall those juices weren't all that memorable and mostly tobacco-y.
So, will be keen to find recipies of vapable mixtures, so I can keep the stinkies sitting here, doing nothing and keep on steaming up the place.
Btw, Trinity & XXX are 0mg Nicotine Coffee Cake is 6mg and everyting else is 3mg, the Coffee Cake I bought when I still had the MTL device, I suspect soon, 0mg Nicotine, will be just fine... moet net nie met my moer koffie rondneuk nie.
I'm happy to be part of the community and I hope together, we can educate those, that need educating about what a healthy option this is as opposed to smoking and that, from where I'm sitting it was the only way I could get off the actual tobacco product, after all, I have attempted to quit serveral times in the past and I never was able to make it past more than a month, before slipping, it has now been over 6 weeks and with an occasional hit from one of my mods & atomisers, I'm more than fine & happy and I'm pretty confident, I won't return to the unhealthy option ever again.

Last edited:
G'day people,

I started vaping in March with an Aspire ESP and Nautilus MTL tank, that was donated to me by my mate. Gave up on the Marlboros the same day (I wanted to stop, since I've been on the stinkies for 30-odd years) and haven't looked back yet, still got 7 packets + 1 ciggy sitting here, doing nothing. Had a few twitchy cravings at times, inititally, but the Aspire kept me out of the poo and by now, the cravings are only a fading memory.
The problem now is between a Pico, a Pico Dual, a Wismec Predator and an asMODus Minikin V2 and quite a few RDA's and RDTA's this is going to bankrupt me!!! I guess, I'd better start seeing about mixing my own, since this has gotten a tad on the expensive side :) I've been vaping Mad Hatter, Paulies Coffee Cake, The Fog Machine's Tipsy Tart, NCV's Trinity, Vape Africa's Roasted Hazelnut and as a palate cleanser, Vapour Mountain's XXX. Can't recall what I used in the MTL job, which has found a new home and hopefully a new convert/ex smoker, but I recall those juices weren't all that memorable and mostly tobacco-y.
So, will be keen to find recipies of vapable mixtures, so I can keep the stinkies sitting here, doing nothing and keep on steaming up the place.
Btw, Trinity & XXX are 0mg Nicotine Coffee Cake is 6mg and everyting else is 3mg, the Coffee Cake I bought when I still had the MTL device, I suspect soon, 0mg Nicotine, will be just fine... moet net nie met my moer koffie rondneuk nie.
I'm happy to be part of the community and I hope together, we can educate those, that need educating about what a healthy option this is as opposed to smoking and that, from where I'm sitting it was the only way I could get off the actual tobacco product, after all, I have attempted to quit serveral times in the past and I never was able to make it past more than a month, before slipping, it has now been over 6 weeks and with an occasional hit from one of my mods & atomisers, I'm more than fine & happy and I'm pretty confident, I won't return to the unhealthy option ever again.
Most welcome to the forum. Thank you for a great introduction. Congrats on kicking the stinky habit - an awesome achievement. Happy vaping.

Howzit guys. Im also a Newby. Started off with the old cigalikes in 2007 where you use to get 2 in a box with replaceable cartomisers which let me down with very poor battery life and expensive setups. Think back then cost me R800 for starting out.

Started smoking again and totally smoked for 14 years and trying champix stopped for a year and started again. Beginning of the year started on twisp clearo 2 which sucked and returned it to clicks, bought a twisp vega which lasted me 2 months and then upgraded the tank to toptank mini with rba coil and now making my own tobacco juice and enjoying my lmc 200w boxmod and a wotofo freakshow v2 rda. Hooked into this vaping thing and been non smoker now since February.

Back