Introduce Yourselves:

Howzit guys. Im also a Newby. Started off with the old cigalikes in 2007 where you use to get 2 in a box with replaceable cartomisers which let me down with very poor battery life and expensive setups. Think back then cost me R800 for starting out.

Started smoking again and totally smoked for 14 years and trying champix stopped for a year and started again. Beginning of the year started on twisp clearo 2 which sucked and returned it to clicks, bought a twisp vega which lasted me 2 months and then upgraded the tank to toptank mini with rba coil and now making my own tobacco juice and enjoying my lmc 200w boxmod and a wotofo freakshow v2 rda. Hooked into this vaping thing and been non smoker now since February.
Welcome @Tinus100 !

I also had some of those cigalikes, they are great to keep in the car or work desk in case of emergencies, but I can imagine why they wouldn't help with getting off the smokes too easily. I think the complexity and options that come with new vaping stuff is what allows people to customise their own vape experience to get them through that!

That is a really cool setup actually! That LMC Box Mod has been haunting me since it first came out, just love the clean lines of it!

Glad to have you with us!

Hello everybody :)

My name is shaunnadan but most of you can call me shaunnadan

I've recently quite smoking thanks to a ce4 and a vision spinner battery and I'm really glad to have found this forum....

And now I'm really glad to be back !

We missed you big time @shaunnadan !
Welcome back!
:FADDANCING:

Hi peeps, long overdue intro...

So I started vaping around 6 months ago, went to a Twisp outlet, bought an Aero X and was somewhat happy with that. A month or two later, I bought a Pico with Melo 3 tank and been using that since (quite happy with the Melo 3). Bought a few flavours from the VK outlet but the idea of making my own juice was very tempting. So, I did a lot of research and reading and now for the past 3 weeks, been DIY'ing e-liquids. This forum has been my main source of info and I just got to say that I'm really glad to now be part of this community.

Welcome to the forum @daWolf
Congrats on the vaping
Glad to hear the forum has helped you. That is great!
Enjoy your stay and let us know how its going

G'day people,

I started vaping in March with an Aspire ESP and Nautilus MTL tank, that was donated to me by my mate. Gave up on the Marlboros the same day (I wanted to stop, since I've been on the stinkies for 30-odd years) and haven't looked back yet, still got 7 packets + 1 ciggy sitting here, doing nothing. Had a few twitchy cravings at times, inititally, but the Aspire kept me out of the poo and by now, the cravings are only a fading memory.
The problem now is between a Pico, a Pico Dual, a Wismec Predator and an asMODus Minikin V2 and quite a few RDA's and RDTA's this is going to bankrupt me!!! I guess, I'd better start seeing about mixing my own, since this has gotten a tad on the expensive side :) I've been vaping Mad Hatter, Paulies Coffee Cake, The Fog Machine's Tipsy Tart, NCV's Trinity, Vape Africa's Roasted Hazelnut and as a palate cleanser, Vapour Mountain's XXX. Can't recall what I used in the MTL job, which has found a new home and hopefully a new convert/ex smoker, but I recall those juices weren't all that memorable and mostly tobacco-y.
So, will be keen to find recipies of vapable mixtures, so I can keep the stinkies sitting here, doing nothing and keep on steaming up the place.
Btw, Trinity & XXX are 0mg Nicotine Coffee Cake is 6mg and everyting else is 3mg, the Coffee Cake I bought when I still had the MTL device, I suspect soon, 0mg Nicotine, will be just fine... moet net nie met my moer koffie rondneuk nie.
I'm happy to be part of the community and I hope together, we can educate those, that need educating about what a healthy option this is as opposed to smoking and that, from where I'm sitting it was the only way I could get off the actual tobacco product, after all, I have attempted to quit serveral times in the past and I never was able to make it past more than a month, before slipping, it has now been over 6 weeks and with an occasional hit from one of my mods & atomisers, I'm more than fine & happy and I'm pretty confident, I won't return to the unhealthy option ever again.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the great intro @Kalahari stoommasjien !

I must say I am always amazed at the ease a lot of people find in getting the cigs out of the picture once they start vaping. I was lucky enough to be one of those people, but there was a distinct point in time that I remember consciously choosing to not buy another pack. and within a week, as you say, the cravings were a fading memory!

The Nautilus will one day have a special spot in the vaping hall of fame (when they build one), as it is an amazing little piece. But yes, if you get into vaping on the hobby side of things there is NO way it is cheaper than smoking! The first year is the worst, you just want to buy every new thing that comes out, and the need to own it is so controlling! :-D

I have bought myself down to 3mg, but every now and then feel the need for something stronger, so I still have a lot of juices in 6mg, and even a couple in 12mg for when the day is being particularly difficult. I don't think I could ever go to 0mg!

Congratulations on quitting! Even though vaping makes it so much easier, it doesn't mean that it is anything to be less proud of!

G'day people,

I started vaping in March with an Aspire ESP and Nautilus MTL tank, that was donated to me by my mate. Gave up on the Marlboros the same day (I wanted to stop, since I've been on the stinkies for 30-odd years) and haven't looked back yet, still got 7 packets + 1 ciggy sitting here, doing nothing. Had a few twitchy cravings at times, inititally, but the Aspire kept me out of the poo and by now, the cravings are only a fading memory.
The problem now is between a Pico, a Pico Dual, a Wismec Predator and an asMODus Minikin V2 and quite a few RDA's and RDTA's this is going to bankrupt me!!! I guess, I'd better start seeing about mixing my own, since this has gotten a tad on the expensive side :) I've been vaping Mad Hatter, Paulies Coffee Cake, The Fog Machine's Tipsy Tart, NCV's Trinity, Vape Africa's Roasted Hazelnut and as a palate cleanser, Vapour Mountain's XXX. Can't recall what I used in the MTL job, which has found a new home and hopefully a new convert/ex smoker, but I recall those juices weren't all that memorable and mostly tobacco-y.
So, will be keen to find recipies of vapable mixtures, so I can keep the stinkies sitting here, doing nothing and keep on steaming up the place.
Btw, Trinity & XXX are 0mg Nicotine Coffee Cake is 6mg and everyting else is 3mg, the Coffee Cake I bought when I still had the MTL device, I suspect soon, 0mg Nicotine, will be just fine... moet net nie met my moer koffie rondneuk nie.
I'm happy to be part of the community and I hope together, we can educate those, that need educating about what a healthy option this is as opposed to smoking and that, from where I'm sitting it was the only way I could get off the actual tobacco product, after all, I have attempted to quit serveral times in the past and I never was able to make it past more than a month, before slipping, it has now been over 6 weeks and with an occasional hit from one of my mods & atomisers, I'm more than fine & happy and I'm pretty confident, I won't return to the unhealthy option ever again.

Welcome to the forum @Kalahari stoommasjien and thanks for the lovely Intro

Congrats on quitting the stinkies and the 6 weeks. What a great achievement after trying to stop before.

I hear you on the cost factor of all the amazing devices one wants and that commercial juices can get costly, especially if you are a "stoom masjien". But you will find your groove and your happy place. Lots of helpful hardware experts and DIYers on here...

Wishing you well for your vaping journey and enjoy your stay

PS - love your avatar pic!

Howzit guys. Im also a Newby. Started off with the old cigalikes in 2007 where you use to get 2 in a box with replaceable cartomisers which let me down with very poor battery life and expensive setups. Think back then cost me R800 for starting out.

Started smoking again and totally smoked for 14 years and trying champix stopped for a year and started again. Beginning of the year started on twisp clearo 2 which sucked and returned it to clicks, bought a twisp vega which lasted me 2 months and then upgraded the tank to toptank mini with rba coil and now making my own tobacco juice and enjoying my lmc 200w boxmod and a wotofo freakshow v2 rda. Hooked into this vaping thing and been non smoker now since February.

Welcome to the forum @Tinus100
Congrats on kicking the stinkies!
All the best for your vaping journey from here.
Vaping is a wonderful thing indeed !

G'day people,

Hello @Kalahari stoommasjien and welcome to the forum. That's one helluva intro mate

Hello @Tinus100 and welcome to the forum

Holy moly, I gave the forum a bit of a break, I actually had to get some work done.
So meanwhile 23 new members have taken the time to introduce themselves.

A very big welcome to: (deep breath in)
@liezlfra
@Edward Barnard
@Tashy
@Mo5es
@Badbadg3r
@Latrocius *
@muhammadmoola
@Ethan Loubser
@DangerDave
@playa4life
@Scon3s..
@Jamo88
@razzmatazz
@Sheryl
@Bosvark
@Lalla
@timothylang6
@5p1nn3k0p *
@625386
@shaunnadan ???!!!
@daWolf
@Kalahari stoommasjien
@Tinus100

Please feel free to enjoy the everloving #@%$ out of this forum and all it has to offer.
Many very knowledgeable members on here, whom are all eager and always willing to help and offer advice.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to upload a nice little avatar. It'll take only a few seconds and will make everyone's lives a bit better.

* Thanks for making spelling that easy #sarcasticwink

Thanks for the welcome!

Initial cost did scare me off a little but im one of those people that enjoys to learn the in and outs about things and enjoy the whole DIY thing. Fun to experiment. Started building coils and now making my own DIY NETs which are coming out okay. Definitely a huge money saver making own juices. Rather spend the old R600 pm that was spent on dunhills on ingredients for my juices plus you can alter each bottles taste to your needs.

Holy moly, I gave the forum a bit of a break, I actually had to get some work done.
So meanwhile 23 new members have taken the time to introduce themselves.

A very big welcome to: (deep breath in)
@liezlfra
@Edward Barnard
@Tashy
@Mo5es
@Badbadg3r
@Latrocius *
@muhammadmoola
@Ethan Loubser
@DangerDave
@playa4life
@Scon3s..
@Jamo88
@razzmatazz
@Sheryl
@Bosvark
@Lalla
@timothylang6
@5p1nn3k0p *
@625386
@shaunnadan ???!!!
@daWolf
@Kalahari stoommasjien
@Tinus100

Please feel free to enjoy the everloving #@%$ out of this forum and all it has to offer.
Many very knowledgeable members on here, whom are all eager and always willing to help and offer advice.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to upload a nice little avatar. It'll take only a few seconds and will make everyone's lives a bit better.

* Thanks for making spelling that easy #sarcasticwink
Thank you

Hi guys, been around but never an active member..currently sucking on a rx200s with the ijoy limitless classic, in rda mode. #bringontheclouds

Sent from my Hisense F31 using Tapatalk

Hello I am Tristan from Durban.
Been vaping for 3 years and will not go back to cigs. Loving Vaping to the max. New to mech mods and enjoying the raw power and clouds. Tricks are coming along nicely.

Looking for a Vgod mech now to add to my collection

Been vaping for 3 years and will not go back to cigs. Loving Vaping to the max. New to mech mods and enjoying the raw power and clouds. Tricks are coming along nicely.

Welcome Tristan!

Three years us a long time! Can I ask what devices you started with? Weren't many options back then.

I was always nervous of mechs and felt that there was nothing they could offer that a regulated mod couldn't do with the added safety, but I must admit that there is something about them. I'm seriously considering the aluminium VGod, just looks so nice and neat!

Hello @Tristan31 and welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Guys

I am new to vaping as I am trying it to stop smoking. Really enjoying the experience and full of lots of questions and see that there is lots to learn which is nice. One problem I see is that my paycheck will be dedicated to my new hobby!!!! Honestly not really into the tricks but do enjoy all the different flavours and technology that comes with it. Hoping to learn something while on this forum and already learnt some new things so thank you.

Hi Guys

I am new to vaping as I am trying it to stop smoking. Really enjoying the experience and full of lots of questions and see that there is lots to learn which is nice. One problem I see is that my paycheck will be dedicated to my new hobby!!!! Honestly not really into the tricks but do enjoy all the different flavours and technology that comes with it. Hoping to learn something while on this forum and already learnt some new things so thank you.

Hello @Mujahid Padayachy and welcome to the forum

Hi Guys

Welcome to the forum @Mujahid Padayachy
Congrats on the vaping and wishing you all the best in your quest to stop the stinkies
Feel free to ask questions as you go a long, there are plenty experienced helpful vapers here!
Enjoy

Hey all, my name is Divan, been vaping for about 2 years, nothing serious and too poor to buy a proper quality device :-D so the cheapy kits will have to do

Vaping got me off of 2 packs a day, tried my hand at making my own juices but just couldn't get it to that same great tasting quality you can buy

Hey all, my name is Divan, been vaping for about 2 years, nothing serious and too poor to buy a proper quality device :-D so the cheapy kits will have to do

Vaping got me off of 2 packs a day, tried my hand at making my own juices but just couldn't get it to that same great tasting quality you can buy

hello @Ev1l_EyE and welcome to the forum.

Back