Introduce Yourselves:

Hi all

I'm from the KZN Midlands.

I've recently quitted smoking cigarettes for over a week and I really don't want to go back on them - I'm sticking to vaping now because the flavours taste and smell far much better. Also I find that it's a lot cheaper than tobacco too.

I have also found that mixing my ejuices (bought from VapeKing) has yielded some pretty interesting combined flavours (French Strawberry / Blueberry / Menthol Ice imparts a sweet flavour) and mixing peach, mango and menthol also gives a subtle but pleasant flavour too. And that's all I'm sticking to for now. I am currently using a Twisp Clearo but want to move away from it once I've used up all my spare coils - the charger's screw-in thing has busted and I can no longer screw in my batteries for charging, which is why I am going over to the iJust S starter kit. Also the sucky thing about the Twisp Clearo is that it leaks occassionally and their items are extremely expensive, compared to what I've seen in other vaping online stores.

Cheers for now - see you around the forums.
Welcome to the forums!
Congrats on kicking the analog habit, can be really tough to do sometimes.
Hope you really enjoy it here

Welcome to the forums!
Congrats on kicking the analog habit, can be really tough to do sometimes.
Hope you really enjoy it here

Thanks, ASCIIcat!

Haha it wasn't that hard - I started off with 3 bottles of 18mg nic in Raspberry Rush, Menthol Ice and Creamy Mango. After a week, I ordered the 3mg in the form of Blueberry, French Strawberry and Peach. Now I don't even crave for those stinkies because I ordered the highest amount of nic first time round. I think only a few days after I started vaping, I was standing outside Home Affairs and someone lit one in front of me. I could smell it but didn't feel the need to have one. I think it's the combination of high nicotine in the ejuice and with some willpower...

Honestly, I prefer vaping, not only because it smells nicer but it's fun watching how much cloud I can create - no complains from anyone, not yet. I've been sneak-vaping in my mom's office and I don't think anyone can smell it anyway so it's a good thing.

Yello All,

Joined in preparation to give give up the stinkies! My first go at vaping was about 3-4 years ago with the Lung Buddy CE4+ and went quite well. Then back on the stinkies for a year or so then back to vaping exclusively for about 6 months. Liked it but leaking lung buddy was a peeve. Then bought a Twisp Aero (R1000 NOT well spent!) but for some reason it crackled and made me cough like crazy from the first puff no matter what I tried!!! Grrrr!
Now looking for a decent cloud with nicotine for a few months until I give it all up... suggestions will be appreciated. Was thinking of a simple starter kit in the 50W - 100W range where I can get my nicotine fix and see a hurricane cloud! :) ... as I plan to give up price is king!

Looking forward to learning more.

Gazza

Yello All,

Joined in preparation to give give up the stinkies! My first go at vaping was about 3-4 years ago with the Lung Buddy CE4+ and went quite well. Then back on the stinkies for a year or so then back to vaping exclusively for about 6 months. Liked it but leaking lung buddy was a peeve. Then bought a Twisp Aero (R1000 NOT well spent!) but for some reason it crackled and made me cough like crazy from the first puff no matter what I tried!!! Grrrr!
Now looking for a decent cloud with nicotine for a few months until I give it all up... suggestions will be appreciated. Was thinking of a simple starter kit in the 50W - 100W range where I can get my nicotine fix and see a hurricane cloud! :) ... as I plan to give up price is king!

Gazza

Welcome! Also just signed up today myself - I don't have any good things to say about the Twisp products range and I have an old Twisp Clearo model. I also used to cough on the first few vapes but now that's been 2 weeks, I think I am doing ok - just less coughing and more vaping. I've read somewhere that the coughing is actually caused by the high nicotine and another article says something about the back of the throat. Also when you quit smoking tobacco, you'll be coughing a lil more for about a week or so - that happened to me last week - so the good news is you'll actually get over it and start vaping superior clouds more than coughing eventually.

I'm upgrading to the iJust S - the rebuildable coils are cheap and easy to build. Good value for money to be honest (I'm getting all my stuff from VapeKing).

Welcome! Also just signed up today myself - I don't have any good things to say about the Twisp products range and I have an old Twisp Clearo model. I also used to cough on the first few vapes but now that's been 2 weeks, I think I am doing ok - just less coughing and more vaping. I've read somewhere that the coughing is actually caused by the high nicotine and another article says something about the back of the throat. Also when you quit smoking tobacco, you'll be coughing a lil more for about a week or so - that happened to me last week - so the good news is you'll actually get over it and start vaping superior clouds more than coughing eventually.

I'm upgrading to the iJust S - the rebuildable coils are cheap and easy to build. Good value for money to be honest (I'm getting all my stuff from VapeKing).
The thing is that I never had the coughing problem with the lung buddy not any other system I have tried... When I tried it out at the shop it worked fine... got home and it was all snap, crackle and COUGH! Hoping to pick up a decent second system or maybe a starter kit that meets requirement. Went into Vape King today to check things out but until I get more advice here I'm reluctant to lay out the dosh on something that might not do the job... good luck with the iJust S, hope it works a treat!
I was thinking of the Smok V8 starter kit or the iLeaf or maybe something as yet unheard of... will start a thread and get some opinions...

Hi all

I'm from the KZN Midlands.

I've recently quitted smoking cigarettes for over a week and I really don't want to go back on them - I'm sticking to vaping now because the flavours taste and smell far much better. Also I find that it's a lot cheaper than tobacco too.

I have also found that mixing my ejuices (bought from VapeKing) has yielded some pretty interesting combined flavours (French Strawberry / Blueberry / Menthol Ice imparts a sweet flavour) and mixing peach, mango and menthol also gives a subtle but pleasant flavour too. And that's all I'm sticking to for now. I am currently using a Twisp Clearo but want to move away from it once I've used up all my spare coils - the charger's screw-in thing has busted and I can no longer screw in my batteries for charging, which is why I am going over to the iJust S starter kit. Also the sucky thing about the Twisp Clearo is that it leaks occassionally and their items are extremely expensive, compared to what I've seen in other vaping online stores.

Cheers for now - see you around the forums.

Welcome to the forum @RainstormZA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yello All,

Gazza

Welcome to the forum @Gazza

Howsit going guys

Name's Hyren. Started vaping September 2015 with the iStick 40w and a Kangertech Subtank mini. Rocked that setup for a while then moved to the Smok AL85 kit this year. Currently rocking the Eleaf ikonn with the Kylin RTA with dual fused claptons.

Love every drip of vaping, feels good to join an awesome community :)

Welcome to the forum @Hyren Sevelall

Welcome to the forums @Gazza and @Hyren Sevelall !!
Hope you really dig it here, glad we could be apart of your vaping journey :clap:

If you need anything everyone here is more than willing to help out, give us a shout.

Hi Guys, my name is Ricky, from cape town... Been vaping for about a year... Started of casual vaper but getting hooked as time goes on

Hi Guys, my name is Ricky, from cape town... Been vaping for about a year... Started of casual vaper but getting hooked as time goes on
Welcome @Ricky. Glad you could join us. Think most of us started off by just giving this vaping thing a shot and ended up hooked, so you are in good company. Ask, research and post to your hearts content because this is what this forum is all about. And, oh yes, post pics whenever possible.

Enjoy! and Welcome!

Hey everyone

I am JoAnne, been vaping since March due having health risks with smoking, so 6 months stinkies free.

Vaping well vaping changed my life and help, my smokers cough is gone-ish, my sinuses are so much better. Blood pressure is doing alot better, dont smell like smoke anymore, and looking forward to the future of vaping

And now I am a co-owner of a new juice line hitting the market soon called Baard Sous, we do our own recipes and mixing. Well I do the PR and design side.

Baard Sous is unique Afrikaans humor in it. We proud to say we have 8 flavours and a few more which is on the testing line.

Hey guys

I'm Maseeh from CPT. I'm currently a student at CPUT. Been using a small cigalike about 3 years ago. I quit it shortly and recently gave it to a buddy to help him get off the stinkies. Lets hope it works.

Anyways, I am currently planning on purchasing my 2nd (I consider it my first though) device in the next 2 weeks, if everything goes as planned.

Psyched to be part of this community

Hey everyone

I am JoAnne, been vaping since March due having health risks with smoking, so 6 months stinkies free.

Vaping well vaping changed my life and help, my smokers cough is gone-ish, my sinuses are so much better. Blood pressure is doing alot better, dont smell like smoke anymore, and looking forward to the future of vaping

Welcome to the forum @JoAnne Barkhuizen

Hey everyone

And now I am a co-owner of a new juice line hitting the market soon called Baard Sous, we do our own recipes and mixing. Well I do the PR and design side.

Baard Sous is unique Afrikaans humor in it. We proud to say we have 8 flavours and a few more which is on the testing line.
Most welcome to the forum @JoAnne Barkhuizen. Congrats on kicking the stinky habit - an awesome achievement.
All the best with the juice venture. If you want to promote your juices on here register as a supporting vendor. Contact @Silver in that regard.
Happy vaping.

Hi, I'm not much of a chatterbox, I think so anyway, but here goes.... My name is Teddy (not really, but its what everyone calls me). I have been vaping since about 11 Nov 2016. Started vaping to stop smoking and so far, I am loving it. I have sooo much more energy and don't suffer from shortness of breath anymore.
I have started experimenting with mixing my own juices and what a trial and error process...WOW... but hey, will keep at it. Even if just for me and my family. I have been browsing this forum for a while now and yeah, I know, should of signed up looong ago. Well, I'm here now and HELLOOOO to All.

Went to Vape Con 2017 today and really enjoyed myself. Maybe next year I will be better prepared....hehe.

Just want to say a HUGE THANKS to ECIGSSA for this forum and the Vape Con... Great work and yeah, It'll keep on growing...

Full On Vaper here.....Whoo Hoo

Hi, I'm not much of a chatterbox, I think so anyway, but here goes.... My name is Teddy (not really, but its what everyone calls me). I have been vaping since about 11 Nov 2016. Started vaping to stop smoking and so far, I am loving it. I have sooo much more energy and don't suffer from shortness of breath anymore.
I have started experimenting with mixing my own juices and what a trial and error process...WOW... but hey, will keep at it. Even if just for me and my family. I have been browsing this forum for a while now and yeah, I know, should of signed up looong ago. Well, I'm here now and HELLOOOO to All.

Went to Vape Con 2017 today and really enjoyed myself. Maybe next year I will be better prepared....hehe.

Just want to say a HUGE THANKS to ECIGSSA for this forum and the Vape Con... Great work and yeah, It'll keep on growing...

Full On Vaper here.....Whoo Hoo

Welcome to the forum @TeddyDragon

Hi ecigssa

My name is Brendan and I live on the KZN North Coast. I have been lurking on the forum as a guest for a while now and finally got round to joining today :). I love this forum! It's always active and is a mine of info and help, everyone is friendly and I must admit I have had quite a few laughs browsing through some of the threads. I'm looking forward to being a part of this great vaping community!

Last edited:
Hi ecigssa

My name is Brendan and I live on the KZN North Coast. I have been lurking on the forum as a guest for a while now and finally got round to joining today :). I love this forum! It's always active and is a mine of info and help, everyone is friendly and I must admit I have had quite a few laughs browsing through some of the threads. I'm looking forward to being a part of this great vaping community!

Welcome to the forum @Brendan

My Name is Andrew,
Kicked stinkies almost two years ago, never looked back.
Proud owner of Smok GX350 with V12 tank and Fuchai Duo-3 with Cloud beast tank.
Also have a limitless classic RTDA, RTA RDA combo.
DIY a bit of everything.

My Name is Andrew,
DIY a bit of everything.
Most welcome to the forum. That is an auspicious handle! Congrats on kicking the stinky habit. You are well kitted out vapewise. Happy vaping.

Most welcome to the forum. That is an auspicious handle! Congrats on kicking the stinky habit. You are well kitted out vapewise. Happy vaping.
Thanks. Handle was given to me at work due to having knowledge on all things IT and also general know how. Became gamertag and stuck.

My Name is Andrew,
DIY a bit of everything.

Welcome to the forum @TheOracle

Back