Introduce Yourselves:

Hey
My name is Mahmood Hasan.

I have been vaping for just over 6 months. I own a smok alien 220w. Since I got my vape I was able to quit smoking.
I am passionate about vaping.

Welcome to the forum @Memz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey
My name is Mahmood Hasan.

I have been vaping for just over 6 months. I own a smok alien 220w. Since I got my vape I was able to quit smoking.
I am passionate about vaping.
Welcome to the forum. Glad to see more people joining.

Hi All,

i've been vaping since the 2016 Vapecon and did a complete switch from stinkies and never looked back.

the ecigssa community is awesome and I'm proud to be apart of it now.
I've been a regular visitor on the site for many months since I'm also DIY my own juices.

2017 Vapecon was pure awesomeness, and already looking forward to 2018.

Regards
Dees

Hi All,

i've been vaping since the 2016 Vapecon and did a complete switch from stinkies and never looked back.

I've been a regular visitor on the site for many months since I'm also DIY my own juices.

Regards
Dees
Welcome. The forum is very helpful. Congrats on kicking the stinkies.

Hi All,

Regards
Dees

Welcome to the forum @Dees

Evening all. My name is Hennie and started vaping about 2 - 3 months ago.

Started off with a Smok V8 Stik but soon bought a Smok Alien Kit and recently Vaporesso Revenger kit.

Don't know if I jumped into everything to quickly but already experiencing makimg my own diy juice and bought my first RTA at vapecon.

Lots to learn still and thanks for all the help thus far.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Started off with a Smok V8 Stik but soon bought a Smok Alien Kit and recently Vaporesso Revenger kit.

Don't know if I jumped into everything to quickly but already experiencing makimg my own diy juice and bought my first RTA at vapecon.

Welcome to the forum and good to hear you have jumped in head first. That is how most of us have learnt what we know today. Only suggestion i can make is to remember that each to their own. What might work for me, might not work for you. So a lot of experimenting will help you learn from our posts what works for you.

And lots of happy vaping moments for you.

Welcome to the forum and good to hear you have jumped in head first. That is how most of us have learnt what we know today. Only suggestion i can make is to remember that each to their own. What might work for me, might not work for you. So a lot of experimenting will help you learn from our posts what works for you.

And lots of happy vaping moments for you.
Thank you. Much appreciated

Hi @HvNDhF -welcome to the forums. Don't mind the speed of this express train - just hold on tight and enjoy the journey

Welcome all new folks! Really awesome to see this community growing ever more!

Welcome to the forum @HvNDhF

Hi my name is Heinrich from Bloemfontein. Started vaping a year ago but realised prices are a bit steep in Bloem so decided to sell vapes and juice at a competitive price. Started selling last week and currently selling from home but will open a vape shop soon.
**Went to vapecon and was blown away by all the great humble vapers and specials!
Hi Heinrich, welcome and glad you not only joined the revolution but also becoming an active catalyst of the process.

May I ask you contact one of the moderators ( @Silver comes to mind ) on the topic of being both a vendor and form member, as there are some rules and regulations ( Sigh, I know, but they are needed ) to these differing roles on the forum.

Great to have you here and share your journey!

Regards

Hi my name is Heinrich from Bloemfontein. Started vaping a year ago but realised prices are a bit steep in Bloem so decided to sell vapes and juice at a competitive price. Started selling last week and currently selling from home but will open a vape shop soon.
**Went to vapecon and was blown away by all the great humble vapers and specials!
Most welcome to the forum. Competition is always good. All the best with the venture.

@HvNDhF welcome. Long as you enjoy the hobby. It is never to fast. What RDA did you get?
Thanks you @Ozeran. I absolutely enjoy the hobby. Used it to get off sigarettes but now Im almost on 0 Nicotine. I bought an RTA. The Geekvape Ammit 25. Very nice RTA for a first time user. Massive build deck and when I wicked it for first time I got no leaks but some spit back and gurgling. Rewicked with some more cotton and its perfect. No leaking, not gurgling.

So Im problaby one of the lucky ones...

Welcome to the community dude!
Really awesome to hear you are helping bloom out in joining the revolution!

Welcome to the forum @Heinrich stipps and good luck with the vape store.

Hi All,

Quit cigarettes on 4 July and went on to vaping on a Twisp Clearo for two weeks. Got the Smok AIO shortly after that then a friend gave me an iStick Pico shortly after that.

Bought a RTA about two weeks ago and economically building my own coils now. Started DIY as well with the juice (Even though I am all about supporting local juice vendors and still buy juice 50% of the time, it gets heavy on the pocket).

Got a few flavor concentrates today and mixed up 4x recipes earlier this evening, can't wait to try them.

What I like about vaping:

- The taste. 10x better than cigarettes
- Experimenting - DIY juice, coil building, different tanks and MOD's etc. Can be costly but it's like any other hobby.
- Millions of flavors and recipes. Big variety
- Healthier (Probably debatable but from many articles I've read it seems current research proves it's healthier)

What I am concerned about:

- Diactyl
- Acetyl Propionyl
- Acetoin
- I love dessert creamy flavours and am always looking for alternatives to flavour concentrates that contain any of the above
- I know that popcorn lung only affected a few of the factory workers in the research that warns vapers about Diacetyl, but I can't help always wondering about it. I just wish credible research can prove and be published internationally with the acceptance of all parties that we do not have to fear it
- Long term health effects - Same as above. Want my mind at ease that I am not doing any harm to myself
- With that being said - we harm ourselves in many ways. Drinking alcohol, eating unhealthy food, not exercising regularly etc

All and all, I love vaping. I am always surrounded by clouds and really enjoy it. The vaping community is friendly and uplifting. Great forum and a lot to be learnt on here. Thanks for that!

Cheers

Hi All,

Quit cigarettes on 4 July and went on to vaping on a Twisp Clearo for two weeks. Got the Smok AIO shortly after that then a friend gave me an iStick Pico shortly after that.

Bought a RTA about two weeks ago and economically building my own coils now. Started DIY as well with the juice (Even though I am all about supporting local juice vendors and still buy juice 50% of the time, it gets heavy on the pocket).

Got a few flavor concentrates today and mixed up 4x recipes earlier this evening, can't wait to try them.

What I like about vaping:

- The taste. 10x better than cigarettes
- Experimenting - DIY juice, coil building, different tanks and MOD's etc. Can be costly but it's like any other hobby.
- Millions of flavors and recipes. Big variety
- Healthier (Probably debatable but from many articles I've read it seems current research proves it's healthier)

What I am concerned about:

- Diactyl
- Acetyl Propionyl
- Acetoin
- I love dessert creamy flavours and am always looking for alternatives to flavour concentrates that contain any of the above
- I know that popcorn lung only affected a few of the factory workers in the research that warns vapers about Diacetyl, but I can't help always wondering about it. I just wish credible research can prove and be published internationally with the acceptance of all parties that we do not have to fear it
- Long term health effects - Same as above. Want my mind at ease that I am not doing any harm to myself
- With that being said - we harm ourselves in many ways. Drinking alcohol, eating unhealthy food, not exercising regularly etc

All and all, I love vaping. I am always surrounded by clouds and really enjoy it. The vaping community is friendly and uplifting. Great forum and a lot to be learnt on here. Thanks for that!

Cheers
Most welcome to the forum @Wimmas. Congrats on kicking the stinky habit - a huge achievement.

Great summary about vaping.

As to your concerns: Many an article and research paper in the Health forum and in the News & Media forum. Eat your heart out. I like to believe the British Health Department is correct in saying vaping is at least 95 % better than smoking.

The last research I have read, came to the conclusion that the popcorn lung initial study came to the wrong conclusion and that diacetyl was probably not the culprit. Even so, as far as I know, all commercial juices are nowadays free of those substances and, if not, are declared. Concentrates for DIY will declare if they contain same. Personally, as a DIYer it does not bother me at all.

Two articles on diacetyl here and here.

As to the long term effects, yes, an unknown, but more than a decade later there are no dire warning signals. Sure, we need more research. In the mean time, my point of view is that vaping must be better than smoking, which I could not give up without the former. Even if not 95 %, I shall still take it.

Happy vaping.

Last edited:
Back