iPower issue

SmokeyJoe

On a journey to find my marbles
LV

Awards
Hi

Yesterday my ipower started acting up. Keeps saying weak battery and it doesnt charge properly
I have the latest firmware and it was working 100 yesterday. Ive tried to reset button
Is there a way to hard reset it?

Which model iPower do you have @SmokeyJoe
I cant help but maybe that piece of info will improve your chances

Its the 1st gen 80w 5000mah one

My mom has one too
But still working on the original firmware
Its going fine, i just find it has a bit less battery life than the very first istick50 4400 mah, which is a shame

Yeah I think its the new firmware that buggered it up, so hopefully someone here knows how to do a factory reset. I cant find anything on the net and its my only mod

Yeah I think its the new firmware that buggered it up, so hopefully someone here knows how to do a factory reset. I cant find anything on the net and its my only mod

Oh no , sorry to hear that @SmokeyJoe
Lets hope someone can help you out

Peeps, we have a problem this Sunday morning, please try help out Smokeyjoe, its his only mod...

@SmokeyJoe - did it go faulty as soon as you loaded the nee firmware or did it work fine for a while and then go faulty?

It worked fine after the upgrade. Issue started yesterday after it ran fully flat for the 1st time after the upgrade

I downgraded to firmware 1.1 from 1.3
The weak battery error is now gone. Its on charge now, so hopefully it will charge fully. Will keep you posted

I downgraded to firmware 1.1 from 1.3
The weak battery error is now gone. Its on charge now, so hopefully it will charge fully. Will keep you posted

Great to hear @SmokeyJoe
Let us know what happens

Sorry I only saw this now.

I noticed my iPower takes alot longer to charge and seem to drain faster after the upgrade.

Hope the dowmgrade solves this. Will give it a try once I start up the laptop.

Sorry I only saw this now.

I noticed my iPower takes alot longer to charge and seem to drain faster after the upgrade.

Hope the dowmgrade solves this. Will give it a try once I start up the laptop.
Same thing I saw after the upgrade

Update

All issues resolved
So note: DO NOT upgrade to firmware v1.3
Its crap

Great to hear @SmokeyJoe
And thanks for taking one for the team. I won't upgrade my moms device then ;-)

Back