Is a Disposable Vape a Safer Alternative to Smoking Cigarettes?

Is a Disposable Vape a Safer Alternative to Smoking Cigarettes?

• Total voters

kumailzaidi

Karachi Vapers
LV

Awards
https://karachivapers.com/

Whilst safer than cigarettes, disposables don't appeal to me for numerous reasons;

Through no fault of vapers they are packaged in a way that excites kids.
99% of them have like 1 million mg of nicotine.
Once they're done, most users have no regard for the environment and simply throw them in the bin. Apart from being wasteful (plastic, metal, etc., throwing something that contains a battery into the regular trash is catastrophic and contaminates water, land, etc. and could potentially make their way into the food chain.

According to me, there is no winner here.

Whilst safer than cigarettes, disposables don't appeal to me for numerous reasons;

Once they're done, most users have no regard for the environment and simply throw them in the bin. Apart from being wasteful (plastic, metal, etc., throwing something that contains a battery into the regular trash is catastrophic and contaminates water, land, etc. and could potentially make their way into the food chain.

i agree disposables are a net negative for the vaping community, pods should be the entry level standard.

All of the above, and another thing which is critical for me, they only come in fruit flavours. I don't vape fruits.

From my personal experience, it is definitely lighter on the lungs, but I would much rather invest in a quality vape. If I compare the rate at which I went through disposables compared to the price of a quality "starter" vape like a Smok Nord for example, it won't break the bank and eases the cravings much more

I have tried a few pisdosables so far and they are pretty nice - in terms of flavour.

Very nice actually.

But I don't fancy the idea of throwing away an entire device - for the reasons mentioned above.

And I am pretty bigoted when it comes to devices. I am a sucker for a well designed / well made device.

I agree thats why i wont buy disposables or use them

I used to smoke cigarettes but switched to using a disposable vape, and honestly, I've felt a lot better since making the change. With vaping, there's no harsh smoke irritating my throat, and I don't smell like cigarette smoke all the time, which is a huge plus. I also like having different flavors to choose from, making the experience more enjoyable. On top of the health and sensory benefits, vaping turned out to be more cost-effective for me. I found some really good deals on Nexus Smoke pricings, where I can get a vape for just $10. This switch has been beneficial for my health and my wallet.

Last edited:
Propper Vape stores need to make a stand and stop stocking disposables.
let the disposables only show up at the Pakistani shops and the disgusting vape stores that only deal with disposables.

take a stand for the enviroment and for the greater good of the vaping community.
selling disposables is like selling cheap knock off vape products.

sadly a store will always choose profit now over long term profit

To answer the original question, disposables are way healthier than smoking. And yes, most of them have way too high nicotine levels, but that's what sells and is probably a good place for a smoker to start! Yes, the wastage of resources and waste products is an issue, but so is everything else we find in the shops these days.

the excuse of so is everything in the shops, is the same as "everyone is doing it" or worse "I was just following orders"
take accountability and start making a difference.
if you sell them offer a small discount if an old one is returned so you can insure they are recycled that is a start but ideally they should not be sold at all.

the excuse of so is everything in the shops, is the same as "everyone is doing it" or worse "I was just following orders"
take accountability and start making a difference.
if you sell them offer a small discount if an old one is returned so you can insure they are recycled that is a start but ideally they should not be sold at all.

No, my point was that we should target not only disposables but also most packaging and products on sale.

And yes a small discount for returning for recycling would be a step in the right direction.

No, my point was that we should target not only disposables but also most packaging and products on sale.

And yes a small discount for returning for recycling would be a step in the right direction.
product packaging has moved to a more sustainable process in anything that is not made in China years ago already. even flagship phones from China have moved to a sustainable process.

but a few plastic pieces that can be recycled and a bit of cardboard that will eventually bio degrade is NOTHING compared to a battery being thrown in a trash bag that will eventually end up in a land fill where it will be punctured and cause a fire at best and most likely seep heavy metals into the underground water supply.

I can see the benefit of getting a smoker onto a disposable but a better education to get a smoker onto a proper MTL system is a much better solution. as I am now struggling with getting my wife away from Smokes and onto vaping. she is too much of a hippy to ever consider a disposable.

I can see the benefit of getting a smoker onto a disposable but a better education to get a smoker onto a proper MTL system is a much better solution. as I am now struggling with getting my wife away from Smokes and onto vaping. she is too much of a hippy to ever consider a disposable.

We need more Hippies in this world! :)

Nobody has touched on disposables from less renown sources and what the liquids inside consist of? I am often outspoken and feel vape retailer's know the hype regarding teenagers vaping and how anti it is making the lobbyists against vaping. But they seem to be on their own suicide mission in my opinion. If X is making a buck out of it, so will I.

Nobody has touched on disposables from less renown sources and what the liquids inside consist of? I am often outspoken and feel vape retailer's know the hype regarding teenagers vaping and how anti it is making the lobbyists against vaping. But they seem to be on their own suicide mission in my opinion. If X is making a buck out of it, so will I.
fully agree.
it should become a point of Pride from the biggest vape stores in the country that they do not stock them.

but I feel the vape juice tax and the all around bad move by the government to not tax on Nic content but rather per ml of vapable product has created the problem.
and the only solution is for regulation to outlaw disposables completely or for the current regulation to change.

a smart move would be a sliding tax bracket for vape products based on the percentage of juice.
0mg 100ml of juice should have a 5% tax
3mg 100ml should be 7%
and so on and when you get to disposables it should be something like a 150% tax because its 50mg in 5ml.

its just a better option for the government, but instead of long term benefit they went for short term gain. part of a wider problem of people who are past retirement age who somehow are allowed to be in public office.

Alright folks, let's address the elephant in the room: disposable vapes. Sure, they might seem like a quick fix, a temporary solution to curb that craving, but let's not kid ourselves about their long-term impact, both on our health and the environment.

Yes, compared to smoking cigarettes, disposable vapes might seem like a godsend. They don't produce tar or the myriad of toxic chemicals found in tobacco smoke, and they offer a way to get that nicotine hit without the combustion. So, in that narrow context, they might be "safer" for the person using them.

But here's where the plot thickens. Disposable vapes come with their own set of issues, ones that go beyond just the health of the user. Environmental impact, anyone? These little plastic wonders are piling up in landfills faster than you can say "cloud chasing." They're not recyclable, ("Oh, but they are", I hear you say, have you tried recycling them? Good luck!) they're not biodegradable, and they're certainly not doing any favours for Mother Earth.

And let's not forget the wild west of dodgy suppliers out there. With disposable vapes, you're essentially rolling the dice on what's inside that sleek plastic casing. Who knows what mystery ingredients are lurking within? It's like playing Russian roulette with your lungs.

So, are disposable vapes really the better option? I'd argue no. If you're serious about kicking the habit, do yourself a favour and invest in a proper vape setup. Something reusable, something reliable, something that won't end up in a landfill after a few puffs. It might take a bit more effort upfront, but trust me, your health and the planet will thank you in the long run.

Stay informed, stay safe, and for the love of clouds, let's ditch the disposables.

Keep calm and vape on,

Propper Vape stores need to make a stand and stop stocking disposables.
let the disposables only show up at the Pakistani shops and the disgusting vape stores that only deal with disposables.

take a stand for the enviroment and for the greater good of the vaping community.
selling disposables is like selling cheap knock off vape products.

sadly a store will always choose profit now over long term profit
I feel the same way here. If all of the big retailers stop selling disposables at once then I believe this has a chance.

Unfortunately at the end of the day, these are businesses and the ultimate goal of a business in any industry (no matter how they try and sugar coat it - service the community, provide jobs, etc.) is to make money. If a single business stops selling disposables that's a revenue stream they are directly losing out on. I remember a relatively big vape store (my local store actually) having a stance that said something to the effect of "say no to disposables" and have since quietly removed that slogan and have started retailing disposables. The sad reality.

Again, I agree with you, but sadly I don't see this happening :(

Back