Joyetech AIO coil build

GrantRez420

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi Guys and Gals,

I am currently loving the eGo AIO devices, I carry 2 of them as my all day vape. I came across the rebuild-able coil for this device which is also compatible with the cubis apparently.

Have any of you been able to rebuild these for AIO successfully? I like to vape around the 1ohm range and when I rebuild for the AIO, there just seems to be waaaaayyyy too much airflow above the coil where the magic happens. Does anyone else have this issue? How have u corrected it?

I want the coil to perform like the normal store bought 1ohm coils which have a decent MTL draw but that seems impossible with these AIO/Cubis coils..

If you compare the store bought coil to the rebuilt one you will notice how "open" the top of the coil is which basically just lets the airflow do it's thing without much interaction with the vapor...

Any insight or advise will be greatly appreciated.

Disclaimer: I am by no means an expert on coil building but I am pretty sure I did it correctly (vertical and horizontal builds measured with a good old multimeter)

You will find some info in this thread: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/cubis.t19057/

I tried the Cubis RBA, but was an epic fail for me and I gave up on it. Some members have done it successfully - think there are a few pictures in the linked thread.

So I have read through the entire thread mentioned above and I am now a Cubis aficionado. I'm pretty sure I have the build done correctly and all that. But when it comes to the AIO device I'm still none the wiser.

I think it may have something to do with those "short and long" chimney type bits that come with the RBA which do not get utilized in the AIO build... or do they?

Please be gentle on the noob here :)

So I have read through the entire thread mentioned above and I am now a Cubis aficionado. I'm pretty sure I have the build done correctly and all that. But when it comes to the AIO device I'm still none the wiser.

I think it may have something to do with those "short and long" chimney type bits that come with the RBA which do not get utilized in the AIO build... or do they?

Please be gentle on the noob here :)
Not having an AIO I do not know, but was under the impression that they are basically the same other than the AIO tank built onto the battery. For a horizontal build in the Cubis one has to attach the longer chimney if I remember correctly. As I said, I came to the conclusion that the RBA is not worth the trouble. The commercial coils (0.5 ohm one in any case) last more than long enough.

Hey just a question regarding the cubis coils for AIO..i noticed that the 0,6ohm coild says mtl and has less airflow compared to the 0,5ohm which says dl..even the top part of the coils are different..will posts pics to show you what i mean..

Hey just a question regarding the cubis coils for AIO..i noticed that the 0,6ohm coild says mtl and has less airflow compared to the 0,5ohm which says dl..even the top part of the coils are different..will posts pics to show you what i mean..

8256a1d39910262571f2b5a6bf83c76a.jpg
f9681b2d1b60feada2c33403ae0086b7.jpg

In the last pic mtl 0,6 on the left and dl 0,5 on the right
Yes, totally different - you want less airflow for MTL. I comfortably do MTL on the 0.5 ohm one, but I might be the exception to the rule. The top grid on the 0.5 one is just spit back protection - not that it works all the time.

Yes, totally different - you want less airflow for MTL. I comfortably do MTL on the 0.5 ohm one, but I might be the exception to the rule. The top grid on the 0.5 one is just spit back protection - not that it works all the time.

So its possible to mtl on the 0,5 as my 0,6 coil not working so well anymore and only have the 0,5 coil at home..tried it last night but just felt way to "airy"

So its possible to mtl on the 0,5 as my 0,6 coil not working so well anymore and only have the 0,5 coil at home..tried it last night but just felt way to "airy"
I only do MTL and for me it is possible, but as I said I might be the exception. Just play with the air flow, try to get it as tight as possible for you.

Back