Andre

Reonaut
VIP
LV

Awards
ECO_D16_05.png

To me that's quite stupid.
There are so many vape shops around selling 18650's

It's at least something new! I really though AA batteries would be useless though, would be very keen to try one of these just for shiggles.

I bought rechargeable AA's the other day that were 270mah.
2 rechargeable AA's will be 2.4v and 540mah.
That's about the same as a suorin air etc etc.

To me that's quite stupid.
There are so many vape shops around selling 18650's
Safer for flying though. And in many places there are no vape shops, but you will always find AA batteries.
Also, from a health perspective, low power (constant 6.8W) is the way to go.

I have a few Energizer NiMH AA batteries that are 2300mAH rated. The most expensive of the lot, but there are also 1300mAH, 1400mAH and 2000mAH in the series. At 6.8W, they should last a while.
If AA cells go flat while you are out in the bundus, I'm sure you can find some 'regular' replacements without really looking very hard.

Eveready penlights wouldn't bug me so much. It's when I see someone vaping with those cheap knock-off no-name batteries that cost like R100 for an 80 pack that I would start to worry. Those things don't even run my tiny electric beard trimmer properly (they get hot, voltage and power drop is ridiculous, and they last like 2 days). They're only really suitable for tv remotes and devices with super low power requirements. I would be very weary of someone putting them in a vape.

This could take entry level devices to a point where the first, or last option based on legislation, becomes more affordable to new vapers entering the market.

Also for ones that are not in the means of getting higher priced equipment, and the ability to get emergency stock batteries virtually no matter where.

Back