Molicel vs Samsung batteries

RainstormZA

Grumpy Old Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi guys and gals

Been a minute since I posted.

Before I left for the UK, I had only Samsung batteries that I took with me. They have lasted me this long and still going strong with a few % dropped over the years but still works for me.

I bought 3 Molicel batteries from Fogstar in the UK as I needed back up. 2 x 18650 batteries and 1 x 21700 batteries. I also bought two Lostvape Thelema (Solo and Quest) devices a few months back as well to replace the others I had brought over from SA - one with 18650 batteries and one with 21700 battery.

Now I want to see what others have to say about going back to the Samsung 30Q's and possibly 30T/40T batteries. I am asking is because one of my 18650 Molicel's have had a drop in battery life by almost 50% and it's not even 2 years old, compared to my old Samsung 30Q's who are at least 5 or 6 years old now and still working. When I went on Fogstar to look at what they have so I can make some choices later after doing something thinking and maths to see if I can afford them with my current expenses.

I got a warning on the site saying that I shouldn't be using them in eCig or vapes - like seriously, I have been using Samsung batteries for like forever and now it bothers me that there's a warning on the site.

These batteries are printed by the manufacturer with the following warning: WARNING! FIRE HAZARD - NEVER CARRY IN POCKET - NOT FOR VAPE OR ECIG

The point and the question is should I continue to use them despite the fact I've had a long life with Samsung batteries and that nothing bad has ever happened because I took care of my batteries and my devices over the years or is the warning just generally for stupid people?

Heya

Don't worry , we also had a discussion about this when we bought batteries with the same warnings. We conclude that it is the manufacturer that is covering their arses. They have no control over people using them in mechs and thus do not want to get sued by assholes. Easiest is to state not to be used in vape devices.

The devices you have bought are regulated and therefore have cut offs on the battery V. I would not be the least concerned.

You can always check out Mooch's battery info if you are uncertain.

Heya

Don't worry , we also had a discussion about this when we bought batteries with the same warnings. We conclude that it is the manufacturer that is covering their arses. They have no control over people using them in mechs and thus do not want to get sued by assholes. Easiest is to state not to be used in vape devices.

The devices you have bought are regulated and therefore have cut offs on the battery V. I would not be the least concerned.

You can always check out Mooch's battery info if you are uncertain.
Thanks, man. It was just the warnings that put me off balance so I had to ask to double check before I decide buying more Samsung batteries as I've only got good experience with them and they've lived for a very long time.

You're right, my mods are regulated so I shouldn't have the issue stated. I take care of my batteries and put on new wraps when it is needed.

I still use my old Sony 18650 batteries that I brought with me from SA 9 years ago and they work perfectly.

Back