Joyetech eGrip

Definitely a 10 on the cuteness scale, but also a 10 on the coolness scale!

Thanks @Oupa! just opened my parcel now - its shiny, cool and oh! so cute - and thanks for the extra free coils :inlove:

Welcome back @johan :)

Trust your break was peaceful?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the new cute shiny thing :D

Thanks it was an awesome family break way, but tomorrow I need to scan the pawn shops for a 2'nd hand liver :eek: Will definitely post some pics and a short wright-up on it during the week.

The Egrip worked brilliantly on my flight to Abu Dhabi.

Snuck stealth vapes in my seat.

Only downside of this mod is it does make a bit of noise. Luckily everyone around me had their headphones in watching movies.

Doh! I'm going to need that too. Just bought 2 bases myself this weekend.

I think anyone that buys the RBA base will have to get one of these. Myself included.

Reason being is its not easy to check the resistance on your build or to get the coils to fire evenly when having to install the RBA base back into the Egrip.

I had a bit of a trial and error with my first build, worse the. Is my end result looked horrible cause I couldn't adjust the coils to fire perfectly or look neat.

At the moment only the RBA base. Will hopefully have the adapter in a couple of weeks.

I think anyone that buys the RBA base will have to get one of these. Myself included.

Reason being is its not easy to check the resistance on your build or to get the coils to fire evenly when having to install the RBA base back into the Egrip.

I had a bit of a trial and error with my first build, worse the. Is my end result looked horrible cause I couldn't adjust the coils to fire perfectly or look neat.

Fully Agree. I cheated and bought a few 1.2Ohm eGrip Coil packs:D. They're prewicked, but I'd rather dry fire first and rewick. The adaptor would make this much easier.

Ah, good. Used mine for the first time tonight, feel much more in control, but have to get my wraps right - not used to coils with that high a resistance.

@Andre, whats the ideal coil do you think for the eGrip?
What wire you using? 30g ?

I found using the 28g Kanthal, 8 wraps around a 2mm ID worked best for me.
This worked out to around 1.4 ohms.
Haven't had any dry hits and vape was impressively good.

Not much personal experience yet, just one coil at 1.8 ohm, which works well, but probably too high. Also used 28g. @Zodd's recommendation sounds about right - around 2 mm ID and resistance anything between 1.2 and 1.5.

Back