Kanger Twist Vv Repair?

Rex Smit

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
HI

is anyone technically and electrically inclined enough to put back together a VV twist battery.
All the parts should theoretically still be functional, the whole thing just fell apart...

Anyone up for the challenge?

Sorry to hear this Rex
How did it fall apart? Did it fall off a table?

If no one comes to the rescue, check with @johanct
I am sure he can guide you on something like this.

I did the 'shake the gurgle out' technique, and held it by the battery and not the tank....noob mistake

I did the 'shake the gurgle out' technique, and held it by the battery and not the tank....noob mistake

I saw this tip on youtube somewhere, when your tank is gurgling, take it off the battery, turn the tank upside down blow into the tank, it will force the excess juice up and some will go back into the tank (so less wastage) and some will blow out the back, take a paper towel or tissue and clean the base of the tank where it connects to the battery.

@Rex Smit If any of the wires took part in the automatic disassembly tape them so the batt doesn't short out.

@Rex Smit from the pick it looks 100% repairable, proviso no shorts occurred during the dismantle stage and some propriety semiconductors failed. No problem if you close pm me and I can do it for you at no charge.

@Rex Smit yes did answer (it was actually on my profile) - pm you as well with my contact detail - if you did not get it let me know here - I'm online for the rest of afternoon.

Here's the repair summary on @Rex Smit 's eGo-C Twist: First I soldered all the broken wires, salvaged a plastic button from one of @Rex Smit 's faulty lungbuddy batteries. tested and it worked. Placed on customized charger overnight. Tested following morning with an Evod. O no! intermittency, sometimes it fires and sometimes not. Took the whole assembly apart again and traced the intermittency - without boring you with the technical stuff, replaced culprit and voila one working eGo-C Twist. Got a couple of dry hits with Evod atomizer at 4.8V setting.

Twist Rcv-1.png
As received

Twist pcb-1.png
Top side of pcb

Twist pcb-2.png
Bottom side of pcb

Twist but-2.png
Original potentiometer needs replacement

Twist but-3.png
Replaced potentiometer with same value (100k)

Twist Charge-1.png
Charging on customized charger

Twist Charge-2.png
Charged

Twist startup.png
Testing "Fire" button on 2.2 Ohm load

Twist test-1.png
Test at minimum 3.3V setting with 2.2 Ohm load

Twist test-2.png
Test at 4.3V setting with 2.2 Ohm load

Twist asm.png
Assembled

Nice setup dude love the scope. My fluke got stolen hope someone is getting good use out of it .......

Man that is some seriously nice tech you have there @johanct, great job on the repair..

I'm always in awe of people who can fix stuff like this!

If the unfortunate happens to your "slimline" Twisp / Spinner etc. and you don't know which wire connects where, here's a simplified wiring diagram for the DIY enthusiasts out there. Second wiring diagram is for the non-variable eGos, EVODs etc.

TwistRep.png

EVOD.png

Did you get a chance to see what spec was written on the internal battery? Make, size etc

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

The printing on the internal battery was unlegible @Hein510 , and I didn't measure the capacity to be able to confirm whether it was a 650 or 1000mA.

Back