Kangertech dripbox

Riaz94

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi guys

I am looking to put a velocity 2 clone on my dripbox but can anyone help me with how much power (voltage or wattage) the dripbox puts out. Is it constant regardless of the coil??

if I can recall correctly, the "dripbox" puts out 60w.
and the Lowest it can fire according to Kanger is 0.2 ohms.
it should be constant as its not regulated, kinda like an Ijust.

if it doesn't like the coils, it might just take a long time to ramp up.
I could be wrong, but that's based on my experience with Ijust 2 and S devices

Agreed, I have actually had a hell of a time trying to get the right coils for a Dripbox done. So far 0.4 seems to be the best result on 26g Kanthal. Any resistance lower than that and it just doesn't ramp up for me.

I recently PIFd mine, but the build I had running was a single twisted 24g Nichrome coming in at .22.

FWIW, my go to on a mech is 5 wraps 22g Kanthal dual coils, I know its close, but with some VTCs they seem to be fine and I like a hot vape on a RDA. Ramp up is not an issue. I am sure 6 wraps will be perhaps safer.

Thanks for the info above, had I known it was a 60w constant instead of working like a mech mod I would have probably not have it sitting in the cupboard untouched for months. Good info to pass on to the new owner:rock:

PS. Cant seem to find a "thumbs up" emoji

i also have an ijust and I'm looking to build for this also. So if i understand what you saying, the device will adjust the voltage so that at a given resistance the wattage outputted is 60 watts?

Sorry I'm new to this and I don't quite understand. So lets say i build a 0.8 ohm coil then the ijust/dripbox will adjust so that the wattage is 60w? but won't that be high for a 0.8 ohm coil?

It will scale as per ohms law reaching a ceiling of 60w.

So a 0.3 ohm coil would put out around 58W and a 0.2 ohm would max out at 60w on a fully charged battery?

So now if I want a really warm vape where am I looking to build?
Build as low as the device will fire. This will keep you on max wattage until the battery is flat.

Back