Kangertech Sub Tank First Impressions (OCC Only)

Philip Dunkley

-------------
LV

Awards
Okay, so Vape King did me a huge service today and let me get the new Kangertech Sub Tank from them, so thank you so much to the guys over there.
I had a few pickups to do after fetching it, so did not have a chance to play with it until this evening.
First impressions are as follows :

1) Nicely packaged, lots of little extra's in the Box. Package includes :
1 x Subtank
1 x OCC (Organic Cotton Coil) Sub Ohm .5ohm
1 x OCC 1.2ohm
4 x RBA Coils (with organic cotton)
1 x RBA Tip Connector
1 x RBA Base
1 x Screw Driver
2 x Screws
1 x Manual
1 x Beauty Ring (From 25mm to 22mm) - Had some firing issues with this on, will sort it out tomorrow
1 x Packet of Japanese Cotton - Very Cool

Running on a : SMOK xPro M50

2) Came built in coil mode with Sub Ohm coil in, so fill and vape if you please
3) RBA section came built Dual Coil, no Wick
4) All threads are of good quality and came apart very easily
5) Really good Airflow control, clicks nicely into place, more than enough airflow on full
6) Have to drip the coils before filling and firing
7) Large tank, wasted space again by Kangertech, but still a decent size
8) Vaping was great. Massive amounts of Vapour, my lungs struggled to keep up :)
9) Very good flavour from the Juice, but maybe not as good as the Atlantis, but very marginal. It's still excellent!!
10) Looks great on my device, although overhang, which does not bother me too much. Would not be a problem if the beauty ring wasn't giving me problems.

All in all this has been painless, except for the beauty ring, but I'll get that sorted. It's connecting fine, just might be something small. I'll play with RBA section tomorrow, wanna vape on the coil tonight for a longer time.
I think this is going to be a very popular tank, and Vape King has stock as of Monday, already up on the site for R635.00, which is a decent price for a good hybrid tank.

I'll give a little more info tomorrow if I get a chance, but fire away on some questions if you want. I'll be online for a little while longer

Nice initial review. Glad you put this in a thread of it's own :)

Looking forward to hearing how it vapes as an RBA ;)

How about some pictures! Would love to see how it looks in action.

It sounds like it's definitely a winner... you mentioned airflow is more than enough when open. How does the airflow compare to that of a lemo or another RDA for example.

Here's a quick idea of how many wicks I got out of the included cotton. I went kind of medium sized wicks.
IMG_0237.JPG

Authentic Japanese cotton in China :eek:? Next time I visit China I will have a look around how many old chinese ladies have been scalped for wicking material :D

Okay. Running her on the RBA section now. Very good Vape. Not harsh at all. Using pre built coil, running at 0.4 ohm. Enjoying it immensely. 35w and smooth as silk.

Back