KangerTech Sub Tank

Do yourself a favor and get an Atlantis Tank bro... It really is something special! I love mine so much, I want another! Lol

Sent from my brick using Tapatalk

I'd buy it...but only once they release one with a larger tank :D

I hate filling...and apparently this one drinks like a fish...so I'll wait for Atlantis XXL ;)

I'd buy it...but only once they release one with a larger tank :D

I hate filling...and apparently this one drinks like a fish...so I'll wait for Atlantis XXL ;)

Haha... I fill mine once an hour on a good day! But it's not an ADV, so I don't mind at all!

I think the whole point of the SubTank is to be a crossover for inexperienced coil builders switching from starter kits etc. to more advanced hardware. I think the idea kangertech has is for beginners to start off with the stock coils and get into rebuilding later when they are more comfortable with the hardware. From this point of view I think they have a real winner with this one. I don't think they really had the advanced user in mind for the SubTank, but it does appeal to me, I'd get one purely for its asthetic value, it's a reall looker :)

I think the whole point of the SubTank is to be a crossover for inexperienced coil builders switching from starter kits etc. to more advanced hardware. I think the idea kangertech has is for beginners to start off with the stock coils and get into rebuilding later when they are more comfortable with the hardware. From this point of view I think they have a real winner with this one. I don't think they really had the advanced user in mind for the SubTank, but it does appeal to me, I'd get one purely for its asthetic value, it's a reall looker :)

Hadn't even thought of it from that point of view...makes a great deal of sense :nod:

I also think it's a beauty...the red just makes it look sexy :rolleyes:

Good point @BumbleBee, but, meh, pass!

This is exactly where I am putting it as well.
If somebody new to vaping wants affordable (also authentic!) kit that will work out of the box to start with, but that they do have an interest in rebuilding later... This tank is probably going to be my Nr.1 go-to recommendation in those cases.

For someone who absolutely under no circumstances shows an interest in rebuilding, but still wants the phatcloud production, then yes - in that case Atlantis is a better fit.

We gotta always remember @Oliver Barry - new vapers do not WANT to even BEGIN thinking or explaining to their wives that this new thing will completely wreck their wallets within a month or two.
And for one device to cover two very big markets as seamlessly as the Subtank does... that is true progression in the marketplace.

That said, my biggest gripe with the Subtank remains the oddball size.
Any new vapers seeking advice is SOL if they insist on a tube mod...

Another very interesting view @WHeunis. I like how polarized the opinions are on this device :D

It really is a great starter tank for those that you just know will eventually get into rebuilding. The oddball size I think was a necessity to give it a larger tank so that, unlike the atlantis, you can get some use out of those 0.5 coils without refilling every hour - I just wish someone make a device specifically for the Subtank :)

I had a look at this tank today and had some toots on it and let me tell you, if I was not a single device type of guy, I would buy this in a heartbeat.
The factory coil puts out some serious flavour and clouds the rba section is very similar to a kayfun, only smaller. The only possible issue I see is the wicking holes on the rba is small but like I said it's just my thoughts.

I got the Subtank today and... wow! What a beautifully crafted bit of steel and the vapour and flavour production is breathtaking.

It is a bit on the big side but I think it looks awesome on my IPV2 with the beauty ring.

The 0.5ohm coil is working great so far on my IPV2 anywhere from 12 to 30 watts. I haven't yet tried the 1.2ohm coil and going to enjoy this and my tank collection a bit longer before I get into the RBA. The RBA section comes with a built-in coil which looks well done (not that I know much about this) and Kanger gives you some organic cotton to get started, I will give the built-in coil a go this weekend.

I tried the Atlantis last week and I would say the flavour is more intense on the Subtank but the Atlantis seems to chuck more vapour. Also, the drip tip on the Subtank seems to get hot quicker than the Atlantis' which makes taking long lung hits at 30 watts a bit painful.

All in all I am absolutely loving this beast!

Oh wow this is a different tank... first it looks silly on a 22mm tube mod and I most certainly need to have a serious look at the Sigelei 100W box mod. I have only so far used the ,5Ω coil and I made the mistake of putting in my standard Tropical Ice and it was like being kicked in the face... same story with the Atlantis and I now have a special juice which I use for these ,5Ω beasts.

I need to try some of the milder juices in it that I have almost written off because I think this set up is made for the milder type juices.

The Atlantis tank looks perfect on the 22mm tube mods but as good as the Atlantis is (apart from the spitting that I'm getting quite a lot now) I think the flavour of the Sub Tank is marginally better and I can't wait to try standard Tropical Ice with the 1,2Ω coil that it comes with and the standard dual rebuildable coil that it also comes with.

It's still early days and I will give my feedback when I've used all of the coils and options of the tank but it's a real quality device and I think this will surpass the popularity of the Atlantis. I took it on my travels today and no leaking at all.

This is another game changer tank... Kanger have really produced a winner here!

More in a couple of days... I have only tested it on mech mods and it will interesting to see how we go on one of the regulated box mods....

Misc 004.JPG Misc 008.JPG

Oh wow this is a different tank... first it looks silly on a 22mm tube mod and I most certainly need to have a serious look at the Sigelei 100W box mod. I have only so far used the ,5Ω coil and I made the mistake of putting in my standard Tropical Ice and it was like being kicked in the face... same story with the Atlantis and I now have a special juice which I use for these ,5Ω beasts.

I need to try some of the milder juices in it that I have almost written off because I think this set up is made for the milder type juices.

The Atlantis tank looks perfect on the 22mm tube mods but as good as the Atlantis is (apart from the spitting that I'm getting quite a lot now) I think the flavour of the Sub Tank is marginally better and I can't wait to try standard Tropical Ice with the 1,2Ω coil that it comes with and the standard dual rebuildable coil that it also comes with.

It's still early days and I will give my feedback when I've used all of the coils and options of the tank but it's a real quality device and I think this will surpass the popularity of the Atlantis. I took it on my travels today and no leaking at all.

This is another game changer tank... Kanger have really produced a winner here!

More in a couple of days... I have only tested it on mech mods and it will interesting to see how we go on one of the regulated box mods....

View attachment 18816 View attachment 18817

Dunno hey, that overhang is killing me, might have to have another beer now.

Dunno hey, that overhang is killing me, might have to have another beer now.

Huge! And that's why I'm looking at some box mods... :eek:

That was a really doff move on their part! :confused:

Nice to read your opinion on the Subtank @Rob Fisher I must admit that I haven't used any of my Kanger tanks since getting a Nautilus with BVC coils, and then shortly afterwards the Atlantis. You didn't mention the air-flow - is it as adjustable as the Atlantis?

The 10 second cut-out on my SVD means I don't quite get a lung-full with the Nautilus wide open, but I'm reluctant to drill out the coil and expose the Chinese Brass (supposedly high in Lead content).

Sounds like Kanger's new coils are an improvement on the last lot - I preferred the older dual coils as they seemed to work better, although they also needed re-wicking with Cotton to perform properly.

Be aware that the Subtank won't fit box mods like mine or the Hana with a 23mm recess. Using one on a BT50 as shown in the video means tightening the tank against the Aluminium painted surface, not the 510 connection, which will most likely damage it after one use :confused: A 23mm Lemo just fits, but needs care when mounting to avoid scratching the paint.

Others have said it; the size appears to have been a poor design decision, but probably necessitated by the RTA feature. It would be nice if manufacturers stuck to 'normal' sizes for better compatibility.

I think this was mentioned before, the SubTank was designed to be backwards compatible with the older Kangertech dual coils, can someone confirm? Would love some feedback on how it vapes with the standard dual coils compared to other tanks like the mPT3, EMOW, aerotanks etc.

@BumbleBee, the new coils are not backwards compatible. This was the plan initially but appears they have since changed the design.

@BumbleBee, the new coils are not backwards compatible. This was the plan initially but appears they have since changed the design.
I did some quick googling, word on the street is that the OCC coils might work in some of the bigger Kangertech tanks but not the mini tanks like the mPT3. This isn't a big issue for me, what peaked my interest though was that the SubTank itself is designed to use older Kangertech coils, like these......

2014_Newest_product_kangertech_subtank_Atomizer_BPDC.jpg_350x350.jpg

It may take a while to get through that tank with one of the old coils ...
Yeah, I don't think the old dual coils are ideal for this tank but might just work well in a pinch. I think the more experienced vapers might think this is silly but this is a very useful option for vapers moving up from the older Kangertech tanks, definite plus point for noobs that may have a few extra coils or for guys who will have a hard time finding the new OCC coils.

Back