Kanthal Ribbon Wire

JB1987

Vaping Enthusiast
LV

Awards
I've seen a lot of vapors using Kanthal ribbon wire instead of the normal round Kanthal, as I understand it gives more coil coverage without increasing the resistance. Does anyone know where we can get this from locally? Would love to give it a try.

Yeah read a lot about it to... sounds interesting to give it a try as well

Hopefully the vendors will get some in the near future

Ribon is awsum i ordered some from mesh wizzard in the us .. rebuild evod coils and the trident in single coil format .. i had .5mm kanthal. Does take a while to heat tho .. bt going forward i prefer micro coils with 28g .. mayb ill give it another try if local suppliers get stock

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Ribon is awsum i ordered some from mesh wizzard in the us .. rebuild evod coils and the trident in single coil format .. i had .5mm kanthal. Does take a while to heat tho .. bt going forward i prefer micro coils with 28g .. mayb ill give it another try if local suppliers get stock

Check on you tube the Tiger coil, its flat ribbon twisted with normal round kanthal. The flat ribbon makes for awesome taste, but as u say it takes a while to heat up that why they twist it with the round kanthal which heats the coil up faster

I spoke to these guys www.industrialalloys.co.za and asked them about MOQ and pricing on kanthal a1 ribbon - their response was kanthal a1 has MOQ of 25-50kg and they didn't give pricing.

They offered Kanthal Nikrothal 80 ribbon in MOQ of 1 spool of approx 1.3kg at the following pricing:
? 0.8 x 0.1 mm @ R 800 p/kg
? 0.4 x 0.152mm @ R 1 550 p/kg
? 0.635 x 0.152mm @ R 745 p/kg

So I'm not sure what the difference between A1 and nikrothal 80 is? and at that pricing i'm not about to just try it out!

Back