Koolada mellows out Menthol

aktorsyl

Elite Vaper
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Interesting observation. Well, for me, anyway.

I had some juices at 0.4% menthol. For my taste preference, that's pretty strong damn menthol right there. On a whim, I decided to use my other menthol "base" which is 0.5% menthol + 0.5% koolada. MUCH more mellow.

So the menthol went up, but still ended up being more mellow. Only explanation I have is that the Koolada tones it down. But I can't figure out why that is, if both have the cooling effect as a main property.

i think the koolada is just so strong it just melted away the menthol
Lol. Not tasting strong though. On their own, 0.4 menthol is wayyyy stronger for me than 1% koolada.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I tried the ice cold concentrate because i also love the menthol stuff. it gives that nice cold mouth feel without the heavy menthol taste. i just love the stuff. I put 2 drops per 10ml of mixed juice for a mild hit and 3 drops for n heavier hit. More than this on your own risk....failed that one and literately got a mouth freeze....eish LOL

I found a recipe yesterday (and mixed it) that called for 6% Menthol, 1% Koolada, 4% Coconut and 3% Sweetener. I thought the percentages a bit high but it actually works. Well kind of... Did not have sweetener so used Marshmallow. Not the same. I can not find the thread now but I found it searching for DIY Menthol recipes.

The Menthol did however not blow my brains out as I though it would. Possibly because of the Koolada?

Regards

Found it:

@incredible_hullk ,the dragon fruit got quite a nice smell, but I cant get the taste to get going. I have tried to increase the %, but no luck, yes I can smell it but the taste is dead.

My Coconut Menthol:
TFA Menthol 6%
TFA Koolada 1%
TFA Sweetner 3%
TFA Coconut 4%

I let it steep for 4 days, and must say it is excellent. Tropical Ice were one of my favorites, but I sure will mix this again in 100ml's

Back