Koopor 200w + Smok TFV4 Tank wobbling...

jguile415

Vaping Muso
LV

Awards
Hey All! I've recently bought the Smok TF4 and loving it but it wobbles on my Koopor... it's screwed all the way in and appears to be sitting fairly flush against the mod, it's not losing connection or anything but it's very annoying! Has anyone else had this problem and can anyone recommend a fix?

Hey All! I've recently bought the Smok TF4 and loving it but it wobbles on my Koopor... it's screwed all the way in and appears to be sitting fairly flush against the mod, it's not losing connection or anything but it's very annoying! Has anyone else had this problem and can anyone recommend a fix?

I had the same issue with the TFV4 on my eVic mini, it had a slight wobble. Then I received my RX200 and it didn't have any wobble.
Tried my TFV4 on the eVic again a few days later and no more wobble. Needless to say I was/am confused as to why it initially wobbled :speechless:

Since using the TFV4 on my koopor all the other tanks wobble.... the 510 connector is a little loose on the mod :( can't figure out how to tighten it

Since using the TFV4 on my koopor all the other tanks wobble.... the 510 connector is a little loose on the mod :( can't figure out how to tighten it
Damn :( sorry bud :(

Bleh! It's annoying but at least it still works

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

Bleh! It's annoying but at least it still works

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

Just wrap a coil, wick it, load some juice and blow your troubles away in a huge a#$ motherf@&king cloud

Usually a nut on the inside, but you'd have to open it to find out.
91-1-600x600.jpg

It's that one... doesn't seem to be anyway of tightening from the inside either

Attachments

• 14541569924672018461447.jpg
    14541569924672018461447.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 32
It's that one... doesn't seem to be anyway of tightening from the inside either
wiggle it around to see where the play is and then springboard from there.
I think that square thingy is a kind of circlip to hold the whole m'gafter in place.
perhaps you can shim it between the case and that square metal something.

wiggle it around to see where the play is and then springboard from there.
I think that square thingy is a kind of circlip to hold the whole m'gafter in place.
perhaps you can shim it between the case and that square metal something.
That square thingy is vas.. the problem seems to be on the outside though.... maybe a bit of glue?

That square thingy is vas.. the problem seems to be on the outside though.... maybe a bit of glue?
Okay, Im spitballing here, but it seems that square is actually the case reinforcement, then I imagine the 510 was inserted from the top and the brass neg wire /washer was put on from the bottom and then the siler shiny collar thing was either screwed on or force fitted on.
Try screwing that silver collar tighter and if that doesnt work some glue might be the last resort.
Perhaps the play occured due to the brass neg tab deforming under use, maybe atty's being tightend down too hard.(just a thought)

Okay, Im spitballing here, but it seems that square is actually the case reinforcement, then I imagine the 510 was inserted from the top and the brass neg wire /washer was put on from the bottom and then the siler shiny collar thing was either screwed on or force fitted on.
Try screwing that silver collar tighter and if that doesnt work some glue might be the last resort.
Perhaps the play occured due to the brass neg tab deforming under use, maybe atty's being tightend down too hard.(just a thought)
It's quite possible that the atty's have been tightened down too hard.. . Looks like glue is the way forward. Thanks for all the help :)

It's quite possible that the atty's have been tightened down too hard.. . Looks like glue is the way forward. Thanks for all the help :)

@jguile415 - what did you end up doing to fix this problem? A friend of mine has the same problem on her Kooper mini...

I bought a new mod ;) loctite glue worked quite well but it eventually does loosen up after a few days

I wonder if some steel putty would work, on second thought it probably wouldn't have enough grip on the smooth surfaces.

Back