Kylin RTA from Vandy Vapes

I could only compare it to the Petri 22 as thats the model i have.
And i found the Kylin produced a more flavourfull vape and so did my wife.

I tested them both with Funfetti and found in the Kylin i got more of a cake taste as all the other tanks it always tastes more biscuit and the vape also tated sweeter in the Kylin.

Huh? Your wife also produces a more flavourfull vape? That's awesome! :p

Hmmmmm 24mm base this might just fit on my Pico :)

This thing is amazing on flavor. I love it. But I still can't make up my mind between this and the petri 24..

Good thing I have both.

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L09 using Tapatalk

Tank sold out in two days at both vendors, thats insane! And nothing yet in the classifieds so according to my usual checks and review watching this must be good! And I was just settling with my mage as go to dual coil rta...:confused:

I'm so lucky I got one of the last ones at SirVape.......phew!

Tank sold out in two days at both vendors, thats insane! And nothing yet in the classifieds so according to my usual checks and review watching this must be good! And I was just settling with my mage as go to dual coil rta...:confused:
I'll say this, it's definitely better than the mage. Airflow is insane on full open. I'm getting my top up bottle of grape drank on ice tomorrow. Can't wait to get that Lekker minty hit. Just gonna have to rewick. This fantasy mango is like super potent in the Kylan. Giving me a headache. Lol

I must say I don't really share the hype over the Kylin that so many people do... yes it's a pretty damn fine tank and it is one of the only tanks on the planet that doesn't appear to leak... but does it produce the best flavour? No not for me it doesn't... the Omni beats it with ease... and maybe it's just that I don't really like high power dual coiled tanks but even with a single coil in the Kylin the flavour doesn't come close to a Skyline or Exocet in a Billet Box for me... and maybe it's just the XXX and that could well be the case.

Going back to the little Divo on a REO with it's very small chamber and masses of flavour and now the Skyline and Exocet both with very small chambers and the intense flavour they give I'm convinced flavour is proportional to the size of the chamber and the airflow.

So for my style of vaping and my juice the Kylin doesn't make my top 5 atomisers...

I have been holding back on this to try see how I'm missing what everyone else seems to get... but after a few days I don't get it... but it just goes to show that it's different strokes for different folks... some like high power and hot vapes and others don't... some like squonking and other don't... some like dripping and others like tanks... some people like ceramic coils and some hate them... and then there is a massive range of juices that people love and hate at the same time.

So for those that love the Kylin I'm really happy for you and really glad there is a non leaky tank that works for you... but for me it's still the Skyline and Exocet by a country mile.
FourTanks.JPG

I must say I don't really share the hype over the Kylin that so many people do... yes it's a pretty damn fine tank and it is one of the only tanks on the planet that doesn't appear to leak... but does it produce the best flavour? No not for me it doesn't... the Omni beats it with ease... and maybe it's just that I don't really like high power dual coiled tanks but even with a single coil in the Kylin the flavour doesn't come close to a Skyline or Exocet in a Billet Box for me... and maybe it's just the XXX and that could well be the case.

Going back to the little Divo on a REO with it's very small chamber and masses of flavour and now the Skyline and Exocet both with very small chambers and the intense flavour they give I'm convinced flavour is proportional to the size of the chamber and the airflow.

So for my style of vaping and my juice the Kylin doesn't make my top 5 atomisers...

I have been holding back on this to try see how I'm missing what everyone else seems to get... but after a few days I don't get it... but it just goes to show that it's different strokes for different folks... some like high power and hot vapes and others don't... some like squonking and other don't... some like dripping and others like tanks... some people like ceramic coils and some hate them... and then there is a massive range of juices that people love and hate at the same time.

So for those that love the Kylin I'm really happy for you and really glad there is a non leaky tank that works for you... but for me it's still the Skyline and Exocet by a country mile.
View attachment 92620

Buuuuuuut oom Rob...will it remain in the army or will it meet the gorge(or classifieds)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buuuuuuut oom Rob...will it remain in the army or will it meet the gorge(or classifieds)?

No it won't end up in the gorge because it is certainly one of the better tanks around and plus I'm not gonna give up on it just yet and will attempt a few more builds in it... and if I still can't get it to perform like everyone else seems to be able to get it to perform I will let it go in the classies.

What ID is everyone using for duals?
from most of the reviewers i saw, They seem to be using 3mm.
I personally went from 2.5mm 28gx4 32g Caterpillar wire to 3mm 28gx4 32g Caterpillar wire. Big big improvement i must say.

No it won't end up in the gorge because it is certainly one of the better tanks around and plus I'm not gonna give up on it just yet and will attempt a few more builds in it... and if I still can't get it to perform like everyone else seems to be able to get it to perform I will let it go in the classies.

I say give it exactly one more month before the classies...

Then

DIBBBSSSSSZZZZZ! Lol

but it just goes to show that it's different strokes for different folks...

View attachment 92620

Couldnt have said it better uncle @Rob Fisher
This is definitely a RTA made for dual coil and a wattage range of 45-60 watts and you have to enjoy that sort of warmish vape.
Also because you have to use it at higher wattage a juice like XXX (menthol) will produce more menthol than fruits so wont be best suited for a tank like this.

Have you tried a different juice in the Kylin like your Dinner lady Lemon Tart?

Have you tried a different juice in the Kylin like your Dinner lady Lemon Tart?

No I haven't but know I should... good call... there is no doubt that the Kylin will shine with juices like that with dual coils and high power.

No I haven't but know I should... good call... there is no doubt that the Kylin will shine with juices like that with dual coils and high power.

Give it a try and please report back :)
I have my fingers crossed that your Lemon Tart might bring you to the "Kylin Side" :-D

Give it a try and please report back :)
I have my fingers crossed that your Lemon Tart might bring you to the "Kylin Side" :-D

Will do @Clouds4Days... but honestly even the fantastic juices like Dinner Lady and others that I do occasionally vape but I vape XXX 99,9% of the time and I wish I could get to ADV another juice...

Will do @Clouds4Days... but honestly even the fantastic juices like Dinner Lady and others that I do occasionally vape but I vape XXX 99,9% of the time and I wish I could get to ADV another juice...
Once that menthol/mint adv has gotten you, it's hard to go to anything else permanently. I know the feeling. Stuck on grape drank on ice for now. Have to DIY something in the similar line to keep meself satisfied.

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L09 using Tapatalk

@Rob Fisher ,I just built on my brother's Kylin twice today, the 1st build was average but the 2nd build really makes it shine. Dual 3mm id, 2 x 26ga ni80 claptoned with 38ga ni80, 7 wraps, reading at 0.2ohm and at 50watts it's quite impressive both in the flavor and vapor department

View attachment 92620

Absolutely loved your post @Rob Fisher !

I am thinking that its different strokes for different folks, or in vaping, different applications.

There is no way my Lemo1 can do vicious 3mm ID dual claptons and vape at 100W for some desserty warmness. Neither can the little Evod.

But then again, the Kylin probably doesnt excel for your type of vape and juice.

I suppose its like saying whats better to race around Kyalami, a F1 race car or a S Class Merc?
And then saying what is better for a stable cruise at 120km/hr on a freeway and a few km through busy roads in the city?

I know the car enthusiasts will find fault with my analogy above but the point is that I think each device has a natural area (build and juice wise) where it excels - and if that is not matched to your vaping style then you probably wont like it much.

5 minutes ago I received mine..... now I'm in two minds about it & whether I should even open it. At first the reviews were good, still are but now they're leaning towards "only doing dessert type vapes" justice. To me high watts turn dessert type vapes into an extremely rich sickening syrup flavor. I like to bring out the fruits in dessert vapes. I'll sleep on it for a day or 2.

5 minutes ago I received mine..... now I'm in two minds about it & whether I should even open it. At first the reviews were good, still are but now they're leaning towards "only doing dessert type vapes" justice. To me high watts turn dessert type vapes into an extremely rich sickening syrup flavor. I like to bring out the fruits in dessert vapes. I'll sleep on it for a day or 2.

Na dude, open it and use it. play around with the builds and see what you get. Got my airflow down a notch and using the 6ml extension today to test out the flavor loss. Grape drank on ice is gooooooooood in there.

Dibs :p

You have to try it out @Deckie , you dont wanna miss out on a Gem.
I been running the Kylin between 45-48 watts which isnt too high.

Back