L.A. votes to ban flavoured tobacco /Calls for complete vaping ban

Here is a graph that correlates the decline in cigarette volumes shipped with the annual MSA payments fluctuating year on year but staying stable over the medium term.

Tobacco-Bond-Graph-1.png
As you can see, the decline in shipments of cigarettes has followed a steady downward curve year on year from 1999, with only minor variations. Again, if vaping was the dominant factor that the vaping media make it out to be, we'd see only a gradual decline up until 2014/15 or so, and then a sudden precipitous drop. There is no evidence of that drop.

The single biggest drop in the graph, visible in both the MSA payment and cig shipments, is the drop under the S of "Since 1999" in the heading. That was in 2009/10. It wasn't vaping that caused it, very few people were vaping back then. But 1 April 2009 was the date on which the Obama administration levied an extra 69c tax nationally on all cigarette packs. It had a major effect on consumption.

If they wanted to make money from vaping, they'd tax it, not ban it.
Except if they get better offer from another party.
From ~ approx 1 billion smokers globally, how many develop chronic heart disease, and all of the other illnesses, how much is average monthly treatement, and who ultimately scores.
I know that vaping is in its early stages, but it started growing trend and became potential treat some 20 years down the line.
However you turn smokers loose.

You can believe in a good state, I have yet to see one. The sad part is that whatever we think and say is absolutely irrelevant.

Last edited:
Strange how many people are blaming Trump for this when these harsh laws/bans are being past in Democratic states by democratic governors.
Red states remain largely unaffected.

Trump instructed the FDA to pursue a federal (i.e. national) ban on flavoured vapes. When/if that happens, red states will have to abide by it, whether they want to or not. So I'm guessing conservatives are a bit ticked off with Trump atm.

Back