Leaky Melo 3

Mr.T

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
I hope some of the experts can give me some advice.
I have a brand new Melo 3 mini that came with a Pico kit and ever since the first fill it's constantly leaking from the air hole.

When I first got it the top cap was screwed on so tight that I had to use latex gloves to get it off... with loads of force. I cleaned it and filled it with the airflow closed. About an hour later I opened the airflow and within a minute the juice started pouring out. 70/30 XXX - what a waste!

I opened it all up again, cleaned it, replaced the 2 replaceable o-rings, inserted a brand new coil and filled it up again. The leaking wasn't as bad this time, but every time I adjust the airflow it leaks and I have to wipe the whole thing down.

It's now been tossed in the junk box, but I'm hoping for a revival...

I would suggest replacing all the o-rings and lubing them with juice etc before everything goes back together. Make sure everything is tightened down properly.

Also, i read your post in MR T's voice in my head fool!
:D

I have an iJust2 and I think it uses the same coils as the Melo3 mini. I had an issue with it leaking out of the air holes as well and poked two holes in the coil. One on each side (where there is already 4 cotton holes). Push a hole in one side and then another one on the opposite side. This seemed to solve the leaking 99% of the time, depending on the thickness of the juice I'm using at the time. You won't break the coil, so nothing to lose.

Back