LMC Box Mod Negative Terminal Broke

goki

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi, so my negative terminal on my mod broke off today, anybody in CT that can assist in fixing it or know where to get a replacement part?
Below are the pics. Soldering it is 1 solution, not too sure how long it would hold up though.
d11f6d96fe354affaf2e382893af533b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Hi, so my negative terminal on my mod broke off today, anybody in CT that can assist in fixing it or know where to get a replacement part?
Below are the pics. Soldering it is 1 solution, not too sure how long it would hold up though.
d11f6d96fe354affaf2e382893af533b.jpg

Soldering wont work, the soft lead will break as soon as its flexed.
Silver soldering would be better but the heat is going to remove any springyness which kind of defeats the point of the spring brass terminal.
Perhaps cut a new one from brass sheet.
I'd probably cut a 2 layered one from the lid of a coffee tin with tin snips, some folding with a long nose plier should get a serviceable item.

Soldering wont work, the soft lead will break as soon as its flexed.
Silver soldering would be better but the heat is going to remove any springyness which kind of defeats the point of the spring brass terminal.
Perhaps cut a new one from brass sheet.
I'd probably cut a 2 layered one from the lid of a coffee tin with tin snips, some folding with a long nose plier should get a serviceable item.
Thanks for your suggestion, I'll try fixing it like that. Hopefully it works!

So yesterday i decided to open the mod up, I then glued and soldered a negative terminal from an old battery charger. Its the perfect size. Put everything back together but now the vape switches off at times and become non responsive. Even if i pull the batteries and insert them again the mod only goes back on after a few tries. Any idea what the problem could be?

So yesterday i decided to open the mod up, I then glued and soldered a negative terminal from an old battery charger. Its the perfect size. Put everything back together but now the vape switches off at times and become non responsive. Even if i pull the batteries and insert them again the mod only goes back on after a few tries. Any idea what the problem could be?

Quite possibly the new contact or the solder connections are not providing enough current.
If the soldering is good, ie no dry joint, then maybe rub the batt contact with some fine 400 grit waterpaper.
As a comparision, I tried measuring the amp draw with a DMM and just got the "check battery" error msg, not enough surface area even at 9 Amps.

Back