Look at this cr@p

You also sat on the N1 this morning? Used more than my years quota.

Sat in that traffic to collect my "hadeons" that turned out to be "entheons". Think I'm at 2024's quota now.
Yep, the one and only.

What is an onosecond ? It's when you do something stupid, and a second later go : 'Oh, NO ...shouldn't have done that !'
Me at Olifantsfontein Rd exit ;) ...and hopefully Health24 contributors after publishing this stuff.

Some more horse crap from a so-called expert with a Phd

http://ewn.co.za/2018/06/01/analysis-how-south-africa-is-tightening-its-tobacco-rules

E-cigarettes are still a relatively new factor. But research is already casting doubts on various claims made about them. First introduced in China in 2004 they were initially mooted as an aid to quit smoking. But research shows that they in fact encourage young people to start smoking cigarettes. And 18 studies have shown that e-cigarettes do not reduce quit rates. Instead, the latest research shows that they do the reverse – they reduce the quit rates of smokers intending to quit by about 66%.

There are 83 countries that regulate e-cigarettes and about 27 that have completely banned their sale. These include Brazil, Singapore, Uruguay, Seychelles and Uganda.

The advertising, promotion and sponsorship of e-cigarettes are regulated or prohibited in 62 countries.

Last edited:

http://ewn.co.za/2018/06/01/analysis-how-south-africa-is-tightening-its-tobacco-rules

E-cigarettes are still a relatively new factor. But research is already casting doubts on various claims made about them. First introduced in China in 2004 they were initially mooted as an aid to quit smoking. But research shows that they in fact encourage young people to start smoking cigarettes. And 18 studies have shown that e-cigarettes do not reduce quit rates. Instead, the latest research shows that they do the reverse – they reduce the quit rates of smokers intending to quit by about 66%.

There are 83 countries that regulate e-cigarettes and about 27 that have completely banned their sale. These include Brazil, Singapore, Uruguay, Seychelles and Uganda.

The advertising, promotion and sponsorship of e-cigarettes are regulated or prohibited in 62 countries.

:CROSSCROSS::CROSSCROSS::CROSSCROSS:

Thanks for posting this @Adephi

They cite "research shows that they in fact encourage young people to start smoking cigarettes."
Thats not what I thought.

They cite "And 18 studies have shown that e-cigarettes do not reduce quit rates. Instead, the latest research shows that they do the reverse – they reduce the quit rates of smokers intending to quit by about 66%."
I wonder what studies and "research" they are referring to? I know first hand that vaping enabled me to quit stinkies. And i think the same can be said for the majority of vapers. So i would say that vaping has drastically INCREASED the quit rate of smoking, not reduced it. I suppose if you define someone who vapes as "still smoking" then one could argue that vaping prolongs the act and doesnt stop it but i dont think they mean that.

Would be interesting to see what research and studies they are referring to in that article because it seem to go against the grain.

The tobacco industry is supplying alternatives to cigarettes — e-cigarettes and vaporisers — as a safer alternative that does not reduce their profits.

That right there is telling me this is another piece of propoganda nonsense.

C'mon guy's, all these facts are readily available on Facebook. Don't be acin so cray cray! OK!

We really should not be lending crap like this any consideration or validity by reacting to it.

Regards

Back