Lost Vape Paranormal 'temp protection' issue

Quintusson

Life is good and I am blessed :)
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
So I got myself a Lost Vape Paranormal recently and been loving it until today. Been using the same tank as i did yesterday, Asvape Manta, running dual Flatwire Flaptons (22/38, NI-80, 7 wraps, coming out to 0.17Ohms) and firing at 75W. But this morning it started saying 'temp protection' every now and then, and now the whole time. So when measuring the ohms on the device - it allows you to recheck - it keeps on jumping between 1.5Ohms to 0.4Ohms but mostly 1.4Ohms and above and thus it refuses to fire.

Tried the same atomiser on two different mods and they both read it perfectly at 0.17Ohms. Tried another atomiser (same wire configuration as above, but single coil so 0.34Ohms) and on the other two devices it also read it perfectly but on my LVP it also keeps jumping between 0.4 and 1.5Ohms (again mostly 1.4Ohms and higher) and also refuses to fire due to 'temp protection'.

Is this a known issue on Lost Vape mods and can it be corrected or should i contact the shop I bought it from for a replacement?

So I got myself a Lost Vape Paranormal recently and been loving it until today. Been using the same tank as i did yesterday, Asvape Manta, running dual Flatwire Flaptons (22/38, NI-80, 7 wraps, coming out to 0.17Ohms) and firing at 75W. But this morning it started saying 'temp protection' every now and then, and now the whole time. So when measuring the ohms on the device - it allows you to recheck - it keeps on jumping between 1.5Ohms to 0.4Ohms but mostly 1.4Ohms and above and thus it refuses to fire.

Tried the same atomiser on two different mods and they both read it perfectly at 0.17Ohms. Tried another atomiser (same wire configuration as above, but single coil so 0.34Ohms) and on the other two devices it also read it perfectly but on my LVP it also keeps jumping between 0.4 and 1.5Ohms (again mostly 1.4Ohms and higher) and also refuses to fire due to 'temp protection'.

Is this a known issue on Lost Vape mods and can it be corrected or should i contact the shop I bought it from for a replacement?
My Therion bf 75c does that occasionally, usually after I put in a new build. Either I run it in power mode for a while or just leave it to cool down. Then back into temp mode and no more problems.

It's all a bit weird and mildly annoying - not what one would expect from a DNA board.

@ivc_mixer, that resistance range is highly suspect. I guess you did already clean contact points on both sides of the 510 connection. I doubt a dirty 510 would give a variance of such proportions though. I suspect a dry solder joint or something similar to be behind this issue.

I see you are running NI80 which is a power mode only wire if I am not mistaking, so if your mod settings are correct for a power setup, I think it may be best to contact the vendor, sorry, nobody really wants to hear that.

Also just check the Evolv forum for similar issues. They are here.

Best of luck, regards.

leave it to cool down

I took the batteries out this morning around 9am, let it sit one side until now (5pm) and tried again with no luck :(

I guess you did already clean contact points on both sides of the 510 connection

As I do not know too much of these things, I do not want to mess around with it and risk damaging anything. What I did do is clean the top of the mod where you screw in your atomiser but to no avail.

I have sent the retailer a email but I think they may be a bit busy today with the Durban Vape Fest and all, so will follow up again later.

Just inserting some tp until you can feel the positive pin move down and turning it a bit should be sufficient.
IMG_0508[1].JPG
Cleaning the threads and positive pin on the atomizer in a similar fashion, wrapping tp around the threads and turning it a couple of times.

Repeat until the TP remains clean.

Regards

Back