Manta RTA by Advken

kabir499

Experienced Vaper
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
I must say, this RTA got me to chuck my OBS nano engine in the back of my closet!
I am so pleased with this build deck, the flavour quality; and I've also had zero leaking issues at all!

The bubble glass is a great feature. Just a bit scared to break it.

Pros:
-Great flavour
-Amazing airflow adjustment.
-Good machining
-Easy to disassemble
-Build deck, is sweet.
-Easy to fill

Cons:
-Wish other colour drip tips were available from Manta.
-Finding replacement glass i this moment of time, is a bit hard.

Rating- 9.5/10

*Price perspective, worth it*

I got mine from House of Vape.

http://www.houseofvape.co.za/product/manta-rta-advken/
Check out more;
9af63f8978baa5efaa3e192d0bc1572c.jpg
0ff39544274b94429a75923f07b45d7b.jpg
5a14fabad29ebcbdf5e32e4d381b2db1.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I must say, this RTA got me to chuck my OBS nano engine in the back of my closet!
I am so pleased with this build deck, the flavour quality; and I've also had zero leaking issues at all!

Pros:
-Great flavour
-Good machining
-Easy to disassemble
-Build deck, is sweet.
-Easy to fill

Cons:

Rating- 9.5/10

Check out more;

Apologies. Use this link http://www.houseofvape.co.za/product/manta-rta-advken/

Pros:
-Great flavour
-Good machining
-Easy to disassemble
-Build deck, is sweet.
-Easy to fill

Cons:

Rating- 9.5/10

http://www.houseofvape.co.za/product/manta-rta-advken/
Check out more;

Nice little write up.
I cant wait for mine, was suppose to have gotten it this past week but will get it this friday.

Ive heard great things about this atty.

Nice little write up.
I cant wait for mine, was suppose to have gotten it this past week but will get it this friday.

Ive heard great things about this atty.
Thanks so much for the words. Much appreciated.
3mm ID works wonders, In my opinion

I absolutely love mine. No leaking, wicks like a champ, flavour on point, easy to build on too.
Hands down my favourite RTA to date.

can you post your wicking, I get leaking on refill not much but a little liquid in the AFC

I absolutely love mine. No leaking, wicks like a champ, flavour on point, easy to build on too.
Hands down my favourite RTA to date.
Any tips on the wicking? I still get leaks every now and then if I dont turn it upside down to close the top. I also have to unscrew the cap now and then just to let some bubbles in the tank

can you post your wicking, I get leaking on refill not much but a little liquid in the AFC
I remove the entire tank to refill. When I close the top cap I only turn it about 2 turns, then flip the tank and open the airflow and tighten the top cap. Then I screw the tank back on to the mod.

When wicking I make sure the wick is just barely touching the bottom, but the area of the juice well is filled.
Also, I don't use coils bigger than 2,5mm. For me, 3mm coils require a little too much cotton.
I don't think you can see it in this pic, my camera is a bit crappy.

Manta.jpg

Any tips on the wicking? I still get leaks every now and then if I dont turn it upside down to close the top. I also have to unscrew the cap now and then just to let some bubbles in the tank
I always remove the tank to fill and do the whole flipping upside down thing, I don't mind but I can understand others finding this annoying.
If you're needing to unscrew the cap to get the juice to flow, then you have too much cotton in your juice holes. I assume you're getting dry hits too then?
Try using 2,5mm ID coils instead. As I said, for me, 3mm ID coils just require too much cotton.

I always remove the tank to fill and do the whole flipping upside down thing, I don't mind but I can understand others finding this annoying.
If you're needing to unscrew the cap to get the juice to flow, then you have too much cotton in your juice holes. I assume you're getting dry hits too then?
Try using 2,5mm ID coils instead. As I said, for me, 3mm ID coils just require too much cotton.

Yeah Im one of those people that like the fill it in the place where they made the hole to fill.. the top :rofl: But dont mind doing the flipppy thing, My Serpent Mini got me used to doing a whole ritual before you could get it wicked and working.

Ive tried thinning the wicks out but then I get more Leaks, Ive tried it too thick, medium and thinned out, Ive tried the "bow Tie" wicking, I normally pop the cap before I get a Dry hit as I can taste it before it starts to burn, I will give the 2mm a try this weekend

Last edited:
Yeah Im one of those people that like the fill it in the plasce where they made the hole to fill.. the top :rofl: But dont mind doing the flipppy thing, My Serpent Mini got me used to doing a whole ritual before you could get it wicked and working.

Ive tried thinning the wicks out but then I get more Leaks, Ive tried it too thick, medium and thinned out, Ive tried the "bow Tie" wicking, I normally pop the cap before I get a Dry hit as I can taste it before it starts to burn, I will give the 2mm a try this weekend
Seriously? I thin my wicks out too, forgot to mention that. The mod will be in my pocket all day, no leaks.
FWIW, I followed Mike Vapes' method of wicking, except that he takes his tails right to the bottom and I don't.

Oh and I remove the tank to fill because the airflow is a pain the ass to adjust with the bubble glass installed.

I remove the entire tank to refill. When I close the top cap I only turn it about 2 turns, then flip the tank and open the airflow and tighten the top cap. Then I screw the tank back on to the mod.

When wicking I make sure the wick is just barely touching the bottom, but the area of the juice well is filled.
Also, I don't use coils bigger than 2,5mm. For me, 3mm coils require a little too much cotton.
I don't think you can see it in this pic, my camera is a bit crappy.

View attachment 129470

The manta is brilliant, airflow is plentiful and flavour very good. I prefer it over my reload but reason I dont use it is because of the leaking. I will try again this evening. Your cotton is much less then what I use. I do also let it go right down to the deck. I get no dry hits just abit of leaking on refill.

The manta is brilliant, airflow is plentiful and flavour very good. I prefer it over my reload but reason I dont use it is because of the leaking. I will try again this evening. Your cotton is much less then what I use. I do also let it go right down to the deck. I get no dry hits just abit of leaking on refill.
I wish I could afford a Reload. Why do you prefer the Manta over it?

Some folks have been having leaking issues on their Manta's too. I've found this

Haven't tried it as I've had no need to, but perhaps worth a shot?

I thin my cotton a bit. I cut the cotton to horizon length of the base, where the cotton channels/ports are; Plug it those channels. Zero issues.
43e8905672e8c4b87078d9315277a98c.jpg

I thin my cotton a bit. I cut the cotton to horizon length of the base, where the cotton channels/ports are; Plug it those channels. Zero issues.
43e8905672e8c4b87078d9315277a98c.jpg

Excuse my photo quality. Had issues taking a good up close photo.

What size are those coils you have in there? I struggle with 3mm Claptons or aliens or anything fancy.

What size are those coils you have in there? I struggle with 3mm Claptons or aliens or anything fancy.
It is a 3mm bud. I had to angle my cotton by cutting a bit off to allow it not to over fill the channel with cotton.

Back