Mech mod problems

kev mac

Old enough to know better
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
I've had some problems w/ 2 of my mods.First my noisey cricket just stopped working(mabey a fire button issue?) Secondly a semi regulated one (American Muscle dual battery w/a mosfet) shorted when a torn wrap on my battery touched metal.Could the mosfet have blown and if so is there any thing I can do as I really like this mod.I'll be thankful for any help.

On the Cricket, have you disassembled the unit and cleaned the treads on the hybrid connector, switch ring and inside the aluminium body?
Secondly, have you disassembled the button and cleaned all it's parts?
The Cricket, although an awesome device, does require maintenance, and I suspect so does all Mech Mods.
Also clean the botton contacts from time to time.

I found that brushing all parts with a soft tootbrush with a weak water and dishwashing liquid solution works well, especially on the threaded parts.

I don't know the other mod but if it's only a blwn mosfet, it shouldn't be to hard to replace if you can find the damaged part. Mosfets can be quite expensive depending on it's spec and power rating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had some problems w/ 2 of my mods.First my noisey cricket just stopped working(mabey a fire button issue?) Secondly a semi regulated one (American Muscle dual battery w/a mosfet) shorted when a torn wrap on my battery touched metal.Could the mosfet have blown and if so is there any thing I can do as I really like this mod.I'll be thankful for any help.

If you could post some pics of the internals it would help me to try and diagnose the AM.

On the Cricket, have you disassembled the unit and cleaned the treads on the hybrid connector, switch ring and inside the aluminium body?
The Cricket, although an awesome device, does require maintenance, and I suspect so does all Mech Mods.

I found that brushing all parts with a soft tootbrush with a weak water and dishwashing liquid solution works well, especially on the threaded parts.

I don't know the other mod but if it's only a blwn mosfet, it shouldn't be to hard to replace if you can find the damaged part. Mosfets can be quite expensive depending on it's spec and power rating.

Thanks Alex,I'll try your advice and let you know how it goes

Last edited:

@GreenyZA Thanks , Followed your cleaning instr. and I'm happy to report the little monster is once again vapeing beautyfully.Thank you @Alex also!

Back