Menthol help needed.

Hi all

I am currently putting together a fruity menthol mix. I managed to get together a reasonable fruit flavor which still needs some tuning but the menthol component is eluding me.

Swap Litchi and Raspberry around = V0.1 16/10/2017 (60/40 VG/PG) 2.5mg Nic
Raspberry (INW) 1.5%
Litchi (TFA) 3%
Menthol (TFA) 0.5% (0.104g/20ml)
EM 0.1% - Zero for now
Marshmallow (TFA) 1.5%

I want to get a nice fresh menthol in the background which cools this very sweet recipe down a bit. As it is above the menthol is hardly noticeable. I added more (Double dose) to the previous version 0 mix and the result was bitter and the menthol hid almost everything else.

Is menthol really what I want or do I add something else? peppermint or TFA Koolada or FW Kool Effects? How much? I really don't want to ruin another mix.

Much appreciated, TIA.
Have you tried menthol crystals? Since discovering them I use nothing but and they'really economical.

With so many options it looks like menthols on their own are a broad subject for study. To think diy looked so easy when i started.
Take a breath, it can seem daunting but with crystals it's actually easy. As a starting point you basically mix about 3 to one crystal being one and the rest your pg-vg.There are many tutorials on YouTube and you can dial in your menthol to taste. A small package (it doesn't say the amt.on my pack)say an ounce will make probably a gallon of menthol liquid. The package cost about 4 bucks.

Back