Mesh .... weird stuff this

Yeah, I just had to do it after reading the Zeus mesh thread.

Out came the coil and I sat staring at that SS136 mesh for a long time. I youtubed a bit and saw an old Merican dude .... in his shed .... with a Vapefly. Took him 15 mins to build his deck. He cut and trimmed to get his ohms at what he wanted, he wicked and rolled and stuffed his mesh coil and eventually got to vape the thing. I was impressed at how calm he was. No nerves at all. Then again, he was in his shed with not a shotgun wielding redneck wife to be seen anywhere. Maybe she was at grandma's house making gumbo.

I used the SS mesh, no cutting just putting it straight in there, measured out at .15. I did dry burn, there were hot spots every where but a bit of stroking and they seem to have cleared. Now the wicking. I did not have flat Japanese so I had to make do with my cotton dreams but the idea is the same. A piece threaded through the coil with the tails into the tank, a piece of the Kanthal mesh upright alongside the tail and then a piece of rolled cotton stuffed under the coil before it was fully tightened down.

Got to say that trick with the mesh on the tails works a treat, by the time I had the rolled cotton secured under the SS, the juice was already wicking up.

OK, time to try. The sticker on the coil packet said 50w to 80w. Too scary for me so went in at 25w and then 30w. No need to go any further, it is vaping really nicely. Juice is 80/20 VG/PG 3ml nic and my cool banana recipe with some added Tahini lime.

Once again this RDTA just produces a very smooth vapour, so smooth that it takes a tank or two to get used to it. Even my Blotto has some roughness to it. This tank .... nothing. It's like gloss versus contractors PVA. Fully open and it is like sucking on one of those lung capacity devices at the DR's. I am down to about a third open so very restricted but good volume and great flavour on a no more than 2-3 second draw.

One thing I did notice is that the same juice on my Recurve dual tastes ..... not dry but not oily either. On the Vapefly with this mesh coil it has a oily smoothness to the vapour, leaves a kind off custardy texture in your mouth. Not unpleasant but not like anything else I have experienced. My Arctic Dolphin Hector with my ADV mint is like chewing on peanut crackle compared to this. This is like Black forest gateau yogurt with no chewy bits.

Now you lot are bad people. I have never really had a dry hit, but man you can scare me shiftless with your stories of how bad they are. If they are anything like that time I lit up a B&H on the wrong end while my mates were taking the piss, then I do not want to go there. So I was very careful about chain vaping and making sure the little tank was filled up before it went dry. This RDTA does use juice but no more than my squonk and Recurve.

Right you are then, time for a couple of days with this set up, we shall see where it goes.

I just got my self a profile rdta enjoying the flavour and the smoothness of it but after about 3 days the cottons like it's been used for a month

Attachments

• DSC_0050.JPG
    DSC_0050.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 19
I like your writing style.. gloss versus contractors PVA :DUMBLOL:

I had a mesh tank once.. I think you can only put pre-built mesh coils in it.. it was a Kestral by something or other.. dry hit no matter how thinly I wicked it.. I soon gave up.. perhaps it's time to give mesh another try

I have just about given up on mesh in RTA's .... but the pods that I said I would never buy are giving me a really good experience. I am talking about the Voopoo PNP tank and rebuild able coil. I am on week 2 with a "chill" mesh and really enjoying it.

Back